how to port a mod that's not compatible with 1.12.5?

Xaned Kerman

i was wondering if i can port mods that are not compatible such as GEA (graphics enhancements assembly), OPM visual overhaul, OPM parallax support, KSC extended, collison fx, destruction fx and reentry particle effects with the latest version of ksp.

Edited by Xaned Kerman

Please avoid multiposting, you can edit your posts.

or how about scatterer? cuz i guess GEA says no to galaxies unbound: a stellar odyssey and outer planets mod.

I don`t know what you mean. Scatterer works in 1.12.x.

now where is destruction effects?

Latest version is for 1.10 but no information about 1.12

and what about opm visual overhaul?

Did you read my post? OPM Visual Overhaul: is really outdated since KSP 1.3.1.

so does minor planets expansion and custom asteroids + (alt OPM config) + (kuiper belt config for OPM)! im going to use these for my wish and cinematics.

That should work. But you have to test it yourself.

In general, it does not mean that a mod no longer works just because the latest KSP version was not specified. A mod for KSP 1.10 can certainly work in 1.12. But the older the mod, the higher the probability that it will no longer work, as there have been major changes in KSP from time to time and some mods have subsequently no longer worked. This is especially true for non-part mods. Many modders then lost the desire to update at some point. And as long as no one takes over (observe the licence), there will be no possibilities.

2 hours ago, Xaned Kerman said:

it's not compatible with 1.12.5. tell blackrack to make it compatible.

I don't know where you got this information, but it's wrong. Scatterer is indeed compatible with 1.12.5.

The title says [1.9.x-1.12.x], which includes 1.12.5. Furthermore, here in the forum you will find tons of players who play with 1.12.5 and Scatterer, including myself. It works.
Here is the link to the download which has also Gameversion 1.12.5:
https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

Edited by Cheesecake

58 minutes ago, Xaned Kerman said:

CKAN was wrong, (or tell the creator to make it just right) but it's turning into a "mod not compatible with 1.12.5" NIGHTMARE. but what if we wonder that we can EDIT the mod's compatible KSP version to the LATEST version in the FILES?

Scatterer's compatibility got updated to 1.12.5 about 2 days ago (on SpaceDock, propagating through to CKAN):

And even before that, there's no reason for it ever to have been a nightmare, you can just tell CKAN to treat all 1.12.x versions as compatible:

Edited by HebaruSan

Writing to every modder is the wrong choice now. Especially as many mods are no longer supported because they are too old, modders are no longer active, etc. In addition, some of the mods you wrote about have already been updated to 1.12.x. You only have to look at the title of the mods to see that.
Well, this is now a case for the admins/mods.

Hi @Xaned Kerman, while it is not against the forum rules to request an update for a mod, unless it is impolite ore repetitive, please remember that our fantastic mod making community also have real work responsibilities and pressures they have to deal with so we either run compatible versions of KSP or wait patiently until our favorite mods are updated as respect for our members who provide free content for the game we love.

Edited by James Kerman
Grammar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.