[WIP] Buran Orbiter Construction Kit

hugoraider

14 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

I've got an issue when I start up with B9Partswitch errors.   KSP LOG Download

I have the dependencies, the SOCK buran parts are in the SOCK folder in GameData.  I also have SOCK repainted and recolored.

c2bf9sb.png

Yeah, I have it too, but none of those errors are related to BOCK, they're related to SOCK Recolored/Repainted (never can tell which is which :D)

12 hours ago, Unbreakify said:

I dont think @benjee10 would mind you putting the pre-existing Buran parts in your own mod.

Yeah, I could ask him, but then there'd be duplicate parts if both are installed.

3 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Yeah, I have it too, but none of those errors are related to BOCK, they're related to SOCK Recolored/Repainted (never can tell which is which :D)

Yeah, I could ask him, but then there'd be duplicate parts if both are installed.

That is true, but in the long term run it would be a better idea

@hugoraiderOn the Benjee10 aft Fuselage for Buran, there is a door at the bottom and space inside, however, it is not functional from what I have found it was supposed to house a Zvezda like Antenna there, Is there any news of making it open, and closable? The second thing I noticed and I am not sure if the real Buran had this, is that the payload docking adapter is slightly tilted or maybe it's just me I'm not sure. Also, the Buran loves to roll backward without the brakes on. Another feature request is not an important one as using a mix of Tantaras and Near Future exploration I can recreate it just fine but the Buran payload docking adapter had serval antennas around it curious as to if this is going to be added. Another item is not really all the important but is there a chance of a custom Buran IVA? There is the old Bobcat Buran IVA from way back but I think it is a bit dated if you want to use that as a placeholder or something. One other thing to note is the RD-58s on the ODU of Buran, from what I have seen the Tantaras RD-58s are huge in proportion to the Buran compared to the real one I find the Benjee AJ10-190s to fit and look a lot better with some minor details missing, I am wondering if you are going to make custom ones for Buran? Another feature question is in regards to the parachute I know at least from experience landing nearly 200 Benjee shuttles at the KSC in JNSQ you don't really need the parachute but it would be a nice touch are you planning on adding that at some point? Also going back to the gear I have noticed it spins very very slowly even with brakes on. Hope I did not pester or annoy you with this long list of questions or reports on it, I really like the mod and hope to see it developed to completion and not abandoned KSP has needed a good Buran mod for a very long time now and I think you have done an amazing Job so far! 

9 hours ago, Jim123 said:

@hugoraiderOn the Benjee10 aft Fuselage for Buran, there is a door at the bottom and space inside, however, it is not functional from what I have found it was supposed to house a Zvezda like Antenna there, Is there any news of making it open, and closable? The second thing I noticed and I am not sure if the real Buran had this, is that the payload docking adapter is slightly tilted or maybe it's just me I'm not sure. Also, the Buran loves to roll backward without the brakes on. Another feature request is not an important one as using a mix of Tantaras and Near Future exploration I can recreate it just fine but the Buran payload docking adapter had serval antennas around it curious as to if this is going to be added. Another item is not really all the important but is there a chance of a custom Buran IVA? There is the old Bobcat Buran IVA from way back but I think it is a bit dated if you want to use that as a placeholder or something. One other thing to note is the RD-58s on the ODU of Buran, from what I have seen the Tantaras RD-58s are huge in proportion to the Buran compared to the real one I find the Benjee AJ10-190s to fit and look a lot better with some minor details missing, I am wondering if you are going to make custom ones for Buran? Another feature question is in regards to the parachute I know at least from experience landing nearly 200 Benjee shuttles at the KSC in JNSQ you don't really need the parachute but it would be a nice touch are you planning on adding that at some point? Also going back to the gear I have noticed it spins very very slowly even with brakes on. Hope I did not pester or annoy you with this long list of questions or reports on it, I really like the mod and hope to see it developed to completion and not abandoned KSP has needed a good Buran mod for a very long time now and I think you have done an amazing Job so far! 

Thanks for your feedback and constructive criticism, it's much appreciated! ;)

To answer your questions, yeah, I'd like to have the bottom antenna door animated as well, but since I suck with Unity, I'll have to bother benjee again for it :D.

What are you calling the payload docking adapter? The airlock (the black part)? or the docking module (the white cylinder that fits inside the airlock)?

Yeah, can't do much about the roll lol, that's KSP silly physics for you :D.

No, antennas on the docking adapter aren't planned, you're supposed to add your own, like a lot of other stockalike mods.

Yes, a custom Buran IVA is planned and being worked on ;).

Well, benjee intended to use the AJ-10 for Buran, so I sticked to it. Maybe I'll look into making more accurate ones later, but tbh it's not even on the to-do list :D.

Yes, the parachute is planned as well.

Wdym the gear spins slowly?

2 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Thanks for your feedback and constructive criticism, it's much appreciated! ;)

To answer your questions, yeah, I'd like to have the bottom antenna door animated as well, but since I suck with Unity, I'll have to bother benjee again for it :D.

What are you calling the payload docking adapter? The airlock (the black part)? or the docking module (the white cylinder that fits inside the airlock)?

Yeah, can't do much about the roll lol, that's KSP silly physics for you :D.

No, antennas on the docking adapter aren't planned, you're supposed to add your own, like a lot of other stockalike mods.

Yes, a custom Buran IVA is planned and being worked on ;).

Well, benjee intended to use the AJ-10 for Buran, so I sticked to it. Maybe I'll look into making more accurate ones later, but tbh it's not even on the to-do list :D.

Yes, the parachute is planned as well.

Wdym the gear spins slowly?

Thanks for answering all my questions and taking the feedback nicely! All sounds good, to answer your question it's the black part for the Buran payload adapter that connects to the Cabin maybe it's just me I'm not sure. With the spinning, it is very slowly the Buran itself moves on the ground, maybe it's the custom modification I added to it I'm not sure, I may just need to add more friction or braking to the gear to fix that. One question I forgot to ask is and this may already be done I am still in the process of building out my Buran and testing it but will if it is not already added an adapter of some kind be added for Buran to be mated onto Energeia. I am sure you have plenty of pictures and items already on this but by some chance you need more I have a bunch of pictures of OK-GLI at Speyer incase you need any. 

8 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

Thanks for answering all my questions and taking the feedback nicely! All sounds good, to answer your question it's the black part for the Buran payload adapter that connects to the Cabin maybe it's just me I'm not sure. With the spinning, it is very slowly the Buran itself moves on the ground, maybe it's the custom modification I added to it I'm not sure, I may just need to add more friction or braking to the gear to fix that. One question I forgot to ask is and this may already be done I am still in the process of building out my Buran and testing it but will if it is not already added an adapter of some kind be added for Buran to be mated onto Energeia. I am sure you have plenty of pictures and items already on this but by some chance you need more I have a bunch of pictures of OK-GLI at Speyer incase you need any. 

Yeah, about the airlock I guess it's just you lol. About moving on the ground, again that's just KSP, heavy crafts tend to slide when brakes are loose. And yes, the Energia mating adapter is also planned.

3 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Yeah, about the airlock I guess it's just you lol. About moving on the ground, again that's just KSP, heavy crafts tend to slide when brakes are loose. And yes, the Energia mating adapter is also planned.

Sounds Good thank you for the quick response, info, and wonderful mod! 

On 12/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, hugoraider said:

but since I suck with Unity,

Come on, don't say that. If you did, you wouldn't be making BOCK a real thing, would you?

16 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

Beta 0.3.4 uploaded, just a minor fix on OK-GLI OMS pod.
https://github.com/hugoraider/Buran-Orbiter-Construction-Kit/tree/development

Good to see some problems are being fixed. Can't wait to see it's first non-development release!

9 minutes ago, Unbreakify said:

Come on, don't say that. If you did, you wouldn't be making BOCK a real thing, would you?

I use Blender and Zmodeler 3 for modeling and Photoshop for textures. Unity is required for animations, so I have to rely on benjee or JadeOfMaar for them :D.

11 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

I use Blender and Zmodeler 3 for modeling and Photoshop for textures. Unity is required for animations, so I have to rely on benjee or JadeOfMaar for them :D.

Its good you're getting help though. I can assume it is a lot of work to model it already.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is looking great!

Though personally, I think I'll wait until the Buran parts from SOCK end up in the full release first. I tend not to trust development versions of... Anything, really.

Great work, I hope that you find the time to complete this mod!

Though don't stress or strain yourself, burnout is a real issue with this stuff...

On 1/3/2024 at 6:56 PM, Jebby Boi said:

This mod is looking great!

Though personally, I think I'll wait until the Buran parts from SOCK end up in the full release first. I tend not to trust development versions of... Anything, really.

Great work, I hope that you find the time to complete this mod!

Though don't stress or strain yourself, burnout is a real issue with this stuff...

Burnout is a real issue. I used to develop a lot of stuff with my friend on another game, however we just kept throwing stuff at it, and eventually the burnout hit me like a brick wall. I lost motivation to do anything. I'm still going through said burnout, but its slowly getting less worse.

Just be careful. Don't overdo yourself. It doesn't do well.