Unable to create new stage [dragging on '+' button doesnt create new stage]

Anonymous Bug Reporter

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

While doing the rocket construction tutorial that introduces setting up staging, the player is instructed to create a new stage and to drag a decoupler to it.

After a few attempts I was able to successfully create a new stage (the + did nothing the first few times). I then dragged an engine from the first stage to stage 3, and was unable to drag it back down (could only reorder it within stage 3). I was also unable to move the booster coupling from stage 3 to stage 2 as the tutorial instructed me to. I was able to move both the engine and coupling upwards (to later stages), but was unable to move them downwards (to earlier stages).

Edited by The Space Peacock

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: Micro Engineer (shows relevant flight data like KER on KSP1) | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Latest Version | CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: Radeon RX 7800 XT | RAM16GB DDR4 3200

The button only works as long as you click and not move your mouse a single pixel while doing so. This behaviour seems unintentional given that it doesn't happen in KSP1 and leads to thinking you aren't clicking on the button correctly.

Made a short clip to show and describe it more precisely, which is attached to this post.

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock