Engine surface VFX does not dissapear when engine is turned off/leaves site (Persistent dust cloud)

Jonasjs11

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | RAM32GB

On a minmus mission in the new For Science! update i noticed a smoke cloud appearing while i was flying my rocket. I thought it would go away but it stayed even when i landed on minmus and went outside the rocket. It hasnt happened to me before, it only happened on this mission.

Included Attachments:

Screenshot(24).png.b101dd7de4c89f5d840871e42eb78383.png

Edited by DibzNr

10 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | RAM15.95

Severity: Low

Frequency: Low

While driving on Duna I found a particle emitter hanging in mid air. I believe that similar spots on the ground emit dust/steam, but this one was more intense and floating without clear cause.

Screenshot attached. I would like to give latitude and longitude or something but I'm not sure you can easily find that.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 22H2 | CPU: Intel i7-12700F | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT | RAM32GB

Title: After igniting twitch engines, the exhaust ground effect from the Twitch engine remains even when they've flown kilometers away

Specs: Intel Core i7-12700F, 32GB system RAM, AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT on Windows 11 22H2

Severity:  Low

Frequency:  High

Description:  Load the attached craft file and launch. Ignite the three twitch engines and activate the stack separator to let the engines fly away with the tank they're attached to. The exhaust ground effect will remain until the engines stop burning, even if they are several kilometers away. This occurs on Duna and Mun for sure, not just the KSC launch pad.

Screenshots:

Craft in VAB:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Craft on pad after the engines and their tank have flown well out of sight. The exhaust ground effect remains:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Included Attachments:

Twitchtest.json

If my issue was the same as this, I think that the particle effect may have been produced by the rover wheels rather than a rocket firing. for the record, when I tabbed back into the game after making my report, it had vanished.

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

as I climb toward space and even in space, random smoke puffs appear in front of craft.

Included Attachments: