Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

.zip tends to be better supported (and as an added bonus, doesn't require people to go download other software to unpack, at least in Windows).

I suppose so, just a habit to use RAR. I remember the days of the horrible WinZip creature, and WinRAR was the hero who vanquished it from our lands!

When I log out of the game and come back in I lose all my kethane maps. How can I save the maps?

They should autosave, make sure nothing is write protected in your KSP folder.

I suppose so, just a habit to use RAR. I remember the days of the horrible WinZip creature, and WinRAR was the hero who vanquished it from our lands!

I'd accuse you of being old, but I had to explain to someone else the other day why it was a requirement that my moon buggy have six wheels. (

)

They should autosave, make sure nothing is write protected in your KSP folder.

Mine were reset to blank too, file permissions are fine. I got this error this in the log the first time after installing your most recent version. It was only the first load, subsequent loads have no errors and don't remove maps anymore.

[LOG 01:36:02.626] Kethane plugin - deposit load error: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Could not find type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e],[Kethane.KethaneDeposits, MMI_Kethane, Version=1.0.4900.26440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]][]'.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadType (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, TypeTag code) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadTypeMetadata (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean isRuntimeObject, Boolean hasTypeInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectInstance (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean isRuntimeObject, Boolean hasTypeInfo, System.Int64& objectId, System.Object& value, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo& info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, System.Int64& objectId, System.Object& value, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo& info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadNextObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectGraph (BinaryElement elem, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean readHeaders, System.Object& result, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Header[]& headers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.NoCheckDeserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP.IO.IOUtils.DeserializeFromBinary (System.Byte[] input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kethane.KethaneController.LoadKethaneDeposits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 01:36:02.632] Generating new kethane deposits

If I look at the new Deposits.dat it has Version=1.0.4901.4880 and my 0.19.1 version has Version=1.0.4823.40595. It seems like generated deposits aren't compatible between your new builds of the plugin dll and the previous official release.

Mine were reset to blank too, file permissions are fine. I got this error this in the log the first time after installing your most recent version. It was only the first load, subsequent loads have no errors and don't remove maps anymore.

[LOG 01:36:02.626] Kethane plugin - deposit load error: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Could not find type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e],[Kethane.KethaneDeposits, MMI_Kethane, Version=1.0.4900.26440, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]][]'.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadType (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, TypeTag code) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadTypeMetadata (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean isRuntimeObject, Boolean hasTypeInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectInstance (System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean isRuntimeObject, Boolean hasTypeInfo, System.Int64& objectId, System.Object& value, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo& info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, System.Int64& objectId, System.Object& value, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo& info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadNextObject (BinaryElement element, System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ReadObjectGraph (BinaryElement elem, System.IO.BinaryReader reader, Boolean readHeaders, System.Object& result, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Header[]& headers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.NoCheckDeserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP.IO.IOUtils.DeserializeFromBinary (System.Byte[] input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kethane.KethaneController.LoadKethaneDeposits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 01:36:02.632] Generating new kethane deposits

If I look at the new Deposits.dat it has Version=1.0.4901.4880 and my 0.19.1 version has Version=1.0.4823.40595. It seems like generated deposits aren't compatible between your new builds of the plugin dll and the previous official release.

I figure you did move deposit.dat to the new folder(GameData/Kethane/Plugin/PluginData/mmi_kethane/), since you have been able to find the old version number. If that's the case, yes, it seems it's not backwards compatible, and I do not know why. The version number seems to be auto generated with each new build, and shouldn't really make a difference. What I see though, is a the occurence of filename unknown several times, which may have to do with the deposit.dat file being in the wrong place, or something is wrong with the path itself.

But hey, I'm just guessing here, I don't pretend to understand all of the code in this mod.

EDIT: Another reason might be something has changed in the KSP/Unity engine, as the plugin makes a call to some KSP.IO functions to load and save the deposits.

Edited by Znake

But hey, I'm just guessing here, I don't pretend to understand all of the code in this mod.

EDIT: Another reason might be something has changed in the KSP/Unity engine, as the plugin makes a call to some KSP.IO functions to load and save the deposits.

I tried manually changing the Version= to the new number and I got a different IO error (that I forgot to save) so it's definitely loading the file, but something is different it how it deserializes the data.

I've never done .net dev, but the code in the LoadKethaneDeposits() isn't doing anything to version the data that I can see.

No, this is the same for mapping, if you are not in control of the probe or minner it will not continue to function unless you are switching to a ship or rover or something within 2.5km of the ship or probe that's doing something. Once you cross that 2.5km range the game unloads the model and it's placed on rails. Any active plugin will go back to a standby state.

I think Romfarer's Lazor plugin may bend the rules slightly. At the KSC screen (the one with all the buildings) I have the option to load at different distances. Up to 100km I believe, maybe more. Just sayin' it's worth looking into..

I have problem with drill and scanner causing the ship to not load at all. does anyone also have this problem?

make sure your using a proper fix (theres one that works mostly on page 34 post #335) and its installed properly (most fixes floating around use the 0.20+ file system, meaning you should only be droping a single folder into GameData)

Another thing that's been causing a lot of issues it other mods, usualy outdated ones...make sure no bits of pre-0.20 mods are in the legacy folders. Also a lot of mods that were updated fast for 0.20 have since had hotfix updates, make sure your using most recent release of all mods.

If your still having issues after all that take a look at the 'Known Issues' thread in the support forum, they actually list a few mods there that, while 0.20+ compatible have been found by squad to cause issues (I wont repeat em, don't wanna step on toes)

I have problem with drill and scanner causing the ship to not load at all. does anyone also have this problem?

Are you using the official version from the first post? That will make cause you to be looking at a clear sky, it does not work with KSP 0.20.x. Try my fix posted a couple of pages back, or the one found in post #335(I think, there abouts)...

Any one have any good rovers for mining ? :)

I just recently got my "Refueling Rover" to work. The catch is that it can't really move on the surface unless the tanks are all empty. The design goal is that you drive up to a lander that is sitting on a kethane deposit, put down landing legs to take the weight off the wheels, drill and convert, and pump the resulting resources over to the lander you are refueling. Then you drive the empty rover away and go to the next one.

I've only used it a couple of times, but it works on the Mun and I think it will work on Minmus and Duna as well. I'll upload it when I get around to it.

Which one did you install? It worked flawlessly for me and many others

I didn't know that there were multiple user patches. Could you link me to the one that you use if that's not an issue?

I didn't know that there were multiple user patches. Could you link me to the one that you use if that's not an issue?

im using the one from post #335 on page 34, works good but needs sound fix (not sure what page that's on sorry) also, not sure if its true in all fixes but in one im using there is slight bug with converters in that tanks need to be directly connected to them, not a big deal really, I been mining since the fix posted, eager for the official update though....secretly hope we may see some of the '1.0 planned features' from the old thread =P

Two quick questions before I send my big ass contraption to the Mun only to find out that it's not working:

1. Will a buffer tank with a drill attached to it send the mined Kethane to a main tank via a fuel line as shown here?

Xj9fhrS.jpg

2. Will a drill send the mined Kethane to a tank via a fuel line as shown here?

4HJBTXJ.jpg

Thanks in advance.

long as the fuel lines running the right way that should work, though I haven't honestly tested it with the fix version (post 0.20) I had my old munar wellheads with a similar setup.
fyi, as long as the drills have a path though 'fuel transfer capible' parts, there is no reason to attach fuel lines between drills and tanks.

Thanks for the quick replies, mates :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.