Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Takes under 2min to add kethane parts to technodes, if ya dont wanna wait...

Oh, I know and I've done that for other mods. It's just that then they update and the categories generally change. Really "fun" things seem to happen when you change the node of parts you've already unlocked. Like duplicate entries that you can't purchase and can't use.

How much memory does Kethane use?

The plugin uses very little; just a few megabytes. The rest is part textures, which take up about as much memory as the Kethane folder takes on disk. If there are Kethane parts you never use, you can selectively remove them.

He did post previews of these quite a while back which show the parts, you'll have to check the thread yourself (or use the search) to find them as I don't have a direct link

I too would like to see the new items in 0.8 Been back over 40 pages (with my forum settings anyway) and couldn't find them. If anyone knows the page could you link to it? Thanks

Thanks, that's a great help Slye_Fox. Very nice looking parts. I'm at work now and at home I'm part way through doing my second run through of the 0.22 science tree, but after that I'll likely install Kethane and see how they look in game.

Hey, Majiir, i don't want to bother, but did you look at the issues on GitHub?

Yes. I noticed the planet-switching issue during 0.22 prerelease and spent quite a while looking into it. It's not, as you and I both guessed, caused by the adaptive grid adjusting itself. Profiling showed that the game is spending seconds on the same two lines of code, and they're lines which in theory should return near-instantly. The code that's hanging is all in Unity, so it's hard to diagnose exactly what's causing the problem, but it's related to repositioning the grid over the new body. I have an idea for working around it, so 0.8.1 may come with a fix.

All too true, Also MS' attitude towards what was their core market for their software is insulting!!! They're essentially saying we PC users should all use that crappy OS (AKA Win8) that was designed for tablets and smartphones.

Win8 is NOT a PC gamers OS!!!!!

Eh I run on Windows 8 and have had no issues at all with gaming. Only issue I have with windows 8 is updating. When it wants to do a update, there is nothing you can do to stop it. It wants that update done right then.

Win8 is NOT a PC gamers OS!!!!!

and what is a MAC?! no your issue with Win8 is that you have not tried it with a open mind, and Win8.1 (aka Win Blue) removes most if not all the isses that people had if they did not have a touchscreen. Also Win 8 is fine (imho pretty darn good) if you are on a laptop with a touchpad, and anything that is made for touchscreen has a mouse analogue that works well. Your issue is that you tired it and compared it to Vista (PoS), Win7 (meh), or WinXP (great). Try it with an open mind and you will enjoy it. Also Linux is not a gamers PC either, WAY to hard for most people to use.

Sorry about that rant...

So Majiir do you have to use treeloader with Kethane or will all the bits and pieces load into the stock tree?

I would like to suggest smaller kethane deposits (in hexes, not kethane volume) or even "scatter mode" where the bodies are covered in a lot of single-hex deposits.

Because:

1 - Requires a precision landing instead of "cramming her down in an area the size of Russia"

2 - More distributed: More choice in drilling location rather than choosing between three large blots on the equator.

3 - More distributed: With single hexes all over the place you are guaranteed to have at least a few drilling locations on a continent or area. No more regenning until laythe finally has a deposit on land.

4 - Having a kethane hex close to an ore hex will be likely. We could do pipelines or cargo routes, fun fun.

Yes. I noticed the planet-switching issue during 0.22 prerelease and spent quite a while looking into it. It's not, as you and I both guessed, caused by the adaptive grid adjusting itself. Profiling showed that the game is spending seconds on the same two lines of code, and they're lines which in theory should return near-instantly. The code that's hanging is all in Unity, so it's hard to diagnose exactly what's causing the problem, but it's related to repositioning the grid over the new body. I have an idea for working around it, so 0.8.1 may come with a fix.

Thanks for looking into it.I thought about testing 0.8 with 0.21.1 and seeing if it does the same thing there, but i updated the game and forgot to keep 0.21 somehow. But if it's a problem with Unity, that won't help at all.

I hope that you can fix it.

wait, what happens if you group a bunch of pipes together spanning across kerbin :o?

You explode as soon as you go past the craft loading limit...tried this awhile back. In one of my attempts most of the parts exploded THROUGH kerbin and were traveling almost lightspeed when they came out the other side.

You explode as soon as you go past the craft loading limit...tried this awhile back. In one of my attempts most of the parts exploded THROUGH kerbin and were traveling almost lightspeed when they came out the other side.

I wonder if it would work by using the lazor mod to increase loading distance out to 90+km

can I have clearer installation instructions? "extract the contents of the folder into you KSP archive and merge where it tells you too"

VERY SPECIFIC! where to I even put the parts? I dragged all of them into the structural folder because the folders don't specify the types of parts.

what do I do with the pictures and tutorials?!?

what even do.

- coming from an experienced mod installer.

Can we get some way to harvest kethane from water?

Id love to see kethane rig designs.

monopod-oil-platform_3221.jpg

Someone did this. Don't remember if it was in this stream feed or if it was under KAS since they used it in conjunction of that mod. The biggest hurdle with doing this is since the graphic engine/physics of the current KSP; the KRAKEN (which I breed btw) LOVE feasting on parts that go below 600 meters underwater.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.