Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I'm trying to track down the exact bug as I go along here, not much progress. I've ruled out TAC, though I'm not installing it again as I also have an issue with TAC, so its probably safer to just leave it out. Also, I'm making sure to create a fresh sandbox save each time just to keep things as simple as possible.

Edit: Welp, removed all three, no dice. However I did poke my head into the bugtracker, which I probably should have done sooner and it seems this is a known issue in the current build of Kethane. I'm not exactly brave enough to go nuke my whole gamedata directory to see just which mod is conflicting with it, if that's the case; but I guess we'll just have to wait for the next update.

Edited by Matrix Aran

Kethane 0.8.3 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update contains minor fixes and improvements. It is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.8.2.

I had been working on some larger changes, but it seems people could use these fixes sooner rather than later.

Changes in this version:

• Added optional support for the Toolbar mod. (This version was built with Toolbar 1.4.1.) You must install Toolbar separately. If you would like to use Toolbar without Kethane support, delete the Kethane/Plugins/KethaneToolbar.dll file.
  • Fixed an issue where the presence of an unloadable plugin assembly would break Kethane functionality.
  • Fixed various issues where a part misconfiguration could break Kethane functionality.

Coudl you tell a bit about these upcoming changes?

And i have some suggestion, SMALL INLINE DRILL.

Currenlly i always have to install two radial drills on smaler landers, to keep craft symmetry. So how about some inline one?

• Added optional support for the Toolbar mod.

Thanks Majiir for adding that feature.

However, it may need one little improvement. After having been in map view, the Kethane button is shown on a toolbar in all scenes (including SpacePort, Research Facility, VAB/SPH). Believe this is due to a missing check while setting the button like "ToolbarButton.SetButtonVisibility" that should return true only for the scenes where the button is required (e.g., "GameScenes.Flight").

Thanks Majiir for adding that feature.

However, it may need one little improvement. After having been in map view, the Kethane button is shown on a toolbar in all scenes (including SpacePort, Research Facility, VAB/SPH). Believe this is due to a missing check while setting the button like "ToolbarButton.SetButtonVisibility" that should return true only for the scenes where the button is required (e.g., "GameScenes.Flight").

...huh. I have that but apparently the map view is considered enabled in those scenes. I'll fix that up.

The author of the stock texture reduction pack has permission to create a Kethane reduction pack. You might see if they're still around. If not, someone else might want to pick up the job and send me a note.

Anyone short on RAM should probably just use rbray's texture compression mod.

I'm still having troubles with the .23 update. I have uninstalled the game, deleted everything else in the folder (including saves and mods), reinstalled KSP and JUST Kethane, but my scanner doesn't work.

I made a "modtest" save, built a scan-sat, got it up into orbit, and then went to right click the scanner... nothing. No context menu appears at all. I then head back into the VAB and try to set the scanner in an action group... nothing.

I also have no map overlay.

Here's a patched KethaneToolbar.dll to fix the scene visibility issue: link. Drop it in GameData/Kethane/Plugins and replace the existing file.

Cant find the source for this hotfix. Im using custom filepaths. But i havent experienced the issue described so its no biggie.

having trouble getting drills to actually fill kethane tanks. not sure what's causing the issue.

in any case, i created a new toolbar icon for you, after noticing that your github comment for the original suggests you don't like the current one :P

2ia4xmp.png

having trouble getting drills to actually fill kethane tanks. not sure what's causing the issue.

I'm having a similar problem. I have deployed a drill in 3 separate kethane hotspots and each simply won't fill up the tanks.

I'm having a similar problem. I have deployed a drill in 3 separate kethane hotspots and each simply won't fill up the tanks.

Without images or .craft files there's not much we can do to help you. Generally it's pretty easy to fill up the Kethane tanks and the problem comes when trying to fill up the LF and O2 tanks.

Here are some screenshots. The first one is my actual mining lander and the second one is another very simple design that I threw together to show how the problem is not because of my design.

EhysG1F.jpg

Notice how the Kethane resource in the top right corner is not increasing.

OCBoLN1.jpg

Simpler design, same result. This one also shows how both drills do not work.

I hope this helps, maybe I'm just missing something huge since it has been a while since I've used this mod.

Edited by jaredkzr
Fixed Screenshot Links

i'm also using pretty simple designs. i'd share the craft file, but i'm also using mechjeb2 and b9 parts on it, so it's probably not that useful. my first attempt has fuel tanks on the bottom with the drills attached there.

cx5umaU.jpg

thinking the problem was that the drills had to feed directly into a kethane tank, i moved everything and tried with this design:

9PGpZx3.jpg

still doesn't work.

edit - i've removed the extra parts from other mods. here's my craft file.

Edited by tychodin

I can't run the game for about a half hour or so but the one thing I see that you're both doing that I dont' do is you've got your drills fairly high off the ground. I tend to mount 'em right at ground level. I don't think that's the problem, though, as at least in jaredkzr's image you see the smoke coming off and I'm pretty sure that only happens when you're actively drilling Kethane.

Try putting them a bit lower, and I'll (or someone else out there can) try in a bit to make one like yours and see if I have the same problem.

EDIT: My "half hour" was way too optimistic. It'll be hours before I can test. I took a stab at a quick test but I couldn't get it to land upright with Hyperedit except the one time I accidentally typed the longitude wrong and ladned outside a Kethane deposit *grumble*

EDIT2: I got a few minutes to run another test, and I got my drills landed on Mun in a Kethane field. It didn't matter where the drills were, I never got a single drop of Kethane. I think there may be a problem. I've not got the time to test in a completely new install and I do have a lot of mods installed.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I can't run the game for about a half hour or so but the one thing I see that you're both doing that I dont' do is you've got your drills fairly high off the ground. I tend to mount 'em right at ground level. I don't think that's the problem, though, as at least in jaredkzr's image you see the smoke coming off and I'm pretty sure that only happens when you're actively drilling Kethane.

Try putting them a bit lower, and I'll (or someone else out there can) try in a bit to make one like yours and see if I have the same problem.

EDIT: My "half hour" was way too optimistic. It'll be hours before I can test. I took a stab at a quick test but I couldn't get it to land upright with Hyperedit except the one time I accidentally typed the longitude wrong and ladned outside a Kethane deposit *grumble*

EDIT2: I got a few minutes to run another test, and I got my drills landed on Mun in a Kethane field. It didn't matter where the drills were, I never got a single drop of Kethane. I think there may be a problem. I've not got the time to test in a completely new install and I do have a lot of mods installed.

Thanks for checking it out. I also have a bunch of mods installed as well so it might be an incompatibility there. Let me test it without the mods. I will report back in a few minutes!

EDIT: Alright, it is not caused by an incompatibility. Something is wrong with the mod, I'm not sure what exactly causes this so I think all we can do is hope that Majiir fixes this bug.

Edited by jaredkzr

[LOG 03:38:01.418] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/Kethane

[LOG 03:38:01.418] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\Kethane.dll

[LOG 03:38:01.434] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/KethaneToolbar

[LOG 03:38:01.435] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\KethaneToolbar.dll

[LOG 03:38:01.461] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/MMI_Kethane

[LOG 03:38:01.462] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll

[ERR 03:38:01.467] Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll:

System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 03:38:01.418] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/Kethane

[LOG 03:38:01.418] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\Kethane.dll

[LOG 03:38:01.434] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/KethaneToolbar

[LOG 03:38:01.435] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\KethaneToolbar.dll

[LOG 03:38:01.461] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/MMI_Kethane

[LOG 03:38:01.462] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll

[ERR 03:38:01.467] Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll:

System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

That will be because MMI_Kethane.dll in the 0.8.3 release is 0 bytes long.... However, it looks like it has been renamed to kethane.dll, which is a new file in this version, and that Majiir has included the zero byte one to effectively remove the old version, since most people just install over the top so it wouldn't get deleted. If this assumption is correct, then the error can be ignored, since the game is failing to load a dummy file that has no actual content, and will then get on with running normally.

I'm having issues too. I'm on duna with a rover that worked before on the Mun. Theres gas coming out. Im on a kethane spot. power gets drained. no kethane comes in. heres a pic

krQWml7.png

I would post my output log. But I mechjeb rover drove for like 5 hours last night. So the log is like 370mbs.

Edited by synik4l

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.