Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

The drills look very close to the ground but if you're getting green vapour then thats not the issue - are the drills connected to a kethane tank (I cant really see in the screenshot) if so what happens when you manually move the kethane from that tank to one of the radials kethane tanks? I'm suspecting you have the yellow feed pipes on the wrong way around.

The drills are connected to a Kethane tank. Moving the Kethane has no effect. Here are a couple of shots to give you an idea of the layout of the Kethane tanks:

screenshot30_zpseb5a2f84.png

You can see the drills better here:

screenshot28_zps7f7fdc79.png

And finally the fuel line routing here:

screenshot29_zpsd4004087.png

The liquid fuel/oxidizer transfer works fine. I tried these troubleshooting steps:

- Moved Kethane to different tanks

- Turned off all Kethane tanks except for one (switched around which one was still on) while the drills were running

- Stop and start the drills

- Pulled up the drills, ran the thrusters, and ran the converter to drain all the Kethane, then restarted the drill. Now my craft has 0 Kethane, and appears to be hitting Kethane (more green dust), but no Kethane is flowing.

I think the Kethane stopped flowing during warp, and I think the lander's power ran down during that time during the Munar night. Of course it recharged after the sunrise, but I wonder if the drills somehow still think I'm out of power or something.

Is there some config setting in my savegame file I should look at?

Update on this issue: after getting back into Munar orbit, then landing on a different Kethane hex, I can mine again, and was able to fill my tanks. :cool:

Are you sure your hex actually has kethane in? You said you're in the middle of a patch now but is this a regular one? It might be worth rescanning the area to confirm if there's any kethane left.

Are there different types of patches? I thought green hex = limitless Kethane.

Are there different types of patches? I thought green hex = limitless Kethane.

If you hover your mouse over a green hex, it will tell you how much Kethane is in the patch comprised of it and (generally) all adjacent hexes. Once you've scanned it, it updates automatically as you drill so there is no need to rescan a hex once you've scanned it.

Kethane is not limitless but hexes generally contain a LOT of Kethane, enough for many orange tanks of fuel and oxidizer.

Are you sure your hex actually has kethane in? You said you're in the middle of a patch now but is this a regular one? It might be worth rescanning the area to confirm if there's any kethane left.

I can confirm that you don't have to rescan; go into the map view while drilling and you can watch the deposit shrink in realtime. I discovered this after completely draining a 380k deposit on the Mun. That's when I also discovered that the deposit amount shown is shared between all the hexes in a group, not just the one you landed in...

Yes, I too learned the hard way that kethane is not limitless. My refuelling base on Minmus completely drained the node it was on. Shame, too, I liked where it was.

Is there an easy way to refill the kethane deposits of an ongoing game?

Yes, I too learned the hard way that kethane is not limitless. My refuelling base on Minmus completely drained the node it was on. Shame, too, I liked where it was.

Is there an easy way to refill the kethane deposits of an ongoing game?

Easy. :) First, backup your persistent.sfs. Now open it with a text editor (notepad or something). Search for the phrase "Deposit = 0". Replace that zero with some arbitrary number for the new contents of your kethane patch. Save, reload, and get back to mining! :cool:

There's something you can delete to get a new random respawn on a body.
For me specifically, I don't want to re-do the kethane mapping. I simply want the current deposits to be refilled. I'm sure other people would like to re-map, and finding that piece of text-code would be helpful to them.
Easy. :) First, backup your persistent.sfs. Now open it with a text editor (notepad or something). Search for the phrase "Deposit = 0". Replace that zero with some arbitrary number for the new contents of your kethane patch. Save, reload, and get back to mining! :cool:
This! Thanks! I'll give it a go tonight. I couldn't figure out where in the save-file it was. But I'll look in the persistent file for this. Thanks again.

If you hover your mouse over a green hex, it will tell you how much Kethane is in the patch comprised of it and (generally) all adjacent hexes. Once you've scanned it, it updates automatically as you drill so there is no need to rescan a hex once you've scanned it.

Fair enough then. I just remember reading a while ago that a rescan was needed. Good to know for the future!

But as he's not getting kethane out the ground and he thought green = unlimited KH4, I think it's safe to assume he's mined the hex dry.

Why, Majiir..? I'm already in a rut, since Steam downloaded 0.23 (even though I specifically checked that it wouldn't update. Yes, I've tried Properties>beta>last stable) and now all my progress is unusable. I'm updating all mods to be sure it'll work.

Kethane 0.8.5 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This is a compatibility update for KSP 0.23.5. It is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.8.4.

Changes in this version:

• Added an improved Toolbar icon, courtesy of blizzy78.
  • Implemented CompatibilityChecker (version 2) warnings.
  • Fixed an issue where the tracked body could return to null.

does asteroids have kethane?

u cant actly land on the astroids so my guess would be no for now. probaly someone could make them have random resouce u could make aspecal arm to drill in as u have them captured

how to port the 0.8.4 scan data to 0.8.5?

I've copy the persistent.sfs that contain KethaneData

after I load the save, I found the scan map is empty in tracking station

then I tried to open the persistent.sfs by text editor, found that whole block of KethaneData was deleted:(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.