Small Stack Seperator Doesn't properly detach (but you can manually trigger it)

PicoSpace

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: AMD 5800x | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

Small Seperator gets "stuck" when you try to stage it, it "jumps up" on the top part (often revealing the engine cone if its an engine which most times it is) when staged but doesn't actually detach and everything is still "part of the same craft". I could manually cause it to seperate but I've had this happen several times with the small seperator so I'd rank repeatibility as HIGH. And I'll be sticking to decouplers for now.

Included Attachments:

20231222010046_1.jpg.3c9e0fbb7d4141f736f8d5ac3d258678.jpg

20231221215102_1.jpg.3173feaf1ba6a2ff2025120a8d19499a.jpg

Edited by The Space Peacock

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Zotac 1080TI | RAM16 GB DDR4

i expect when i press spacebar the stack seperator triggers without issue, seperating the craft. What actually happened is the game thought it it triggered and seperated the vessel when it actually did not and as shown in the video i had to manually right click it and do it manually. This has prooven sometimes to not work unless done more then once. I am playing Exploration mode AKA science mode.

Included Attachments:

2023-12-2214-15-23.mp4

Smallpayloadlaunchermoon.json

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 | RAM32 GB DDR5

Often when staging a decoupler it will not separate the two stages, forcing the player to right click the decoupler and manually click Decouple (basically decoupling twice).

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | RAM15.95

Severity: Med

Frequency: Med

Issue: Fairly frequently, I will attempt to decouple a part via staging, and, while the separator itself will float off, the two decoupled craft will still be linked. In order to properly decouple, you will need to either time-warp or else right click the floating decoupler and press the decouple button on the UI. Despite the fact that the decoupler is now debris, this will somehow unlike the two craft halves.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: 13600KF | GPU: RTX 2060 12GB | RAM32GB DDR5

I seperated two modules using a TD-12 stack decoupler. They didn't seem to move so I tried to pull them apart using RCS.  As you can see in the video, the entire construction vibrated violently, then the lower stage and the lander exploded. The craft file I submitted isn't the same as in the video, I removed some struts between the lower (3rd) stage and the lander (the struts were between the fairing and the yellow fuel tank and between the fairing and the lander can). After those changes the bug didn't happen again, but I don't know if that was because of my changes.

Included Attachments:

ksp2explosion.mp4

SaturnV.json

7 hours ago, Anonymous Bug Reporter said:

I seperated two modules using a TD-12 stack decoupler. They didn't seem to move so I tried to pull them apart using RCS.  As you can see in the video, the entire construction vibrated violently, then the lower stage and the lander exploded. The craft file I submitted isn't the same as in the video, I removed some struts between the lower (3rd) stage and the lander (the struts were between the fairing and the yellow fuel tank and between the fairing and the lander can). After those changes the bug didn't happen again, but I don't know if that was because of my changes.

From the video this looks more like it was a TS-12 separator.