Bugs are preventing me from even making a Minmus base

I tried getting help on the r/KerbalSpaceProgram subreddit but I didn't get any help there so I'm posting thishere.

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - General view of the situation

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - Misaligned solar panels

Shifted solar stations

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - When I get out using the hatch the Kerbal gets launched

When my kerbal gets out of the hatch he gets launched up and left

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - These pipes keep disconecting when loaded in

There are supposed to be pipes here but when they get loaded in they disconnect

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - Gamedata

My gamedata

It seems to be different for everyone.  For me the Kraken is centered on my base with landing legs and it is the rovers that go flying away and/or blowing up.  Currently I have folded up the landing legs and so far nothing has gone wrong. 

I suspect Kerbal Attachment System is contributing to your problem. KAS can act weirdly during timewarp and in other situations.

My general rule for using KAS is to temporarily attach things to assemble bases, tow ships, refuel, etc. After the job is complete, retract the pipe or fuel line before changing scenes to a distant vessel or the Space Center.

I might be incorrect, though. Something else might be going wrong for you. Maybe KAS changes over time have fixed those glitches I remember from years past.

KAS can be glitchy.  When refueling and drilling it can take a while so I go to map mode and then go to 4X speed.  Usually this works ok, but sometimes it goes bad, so I always save before doing this.  I have never left anything attached longer than needed.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:53 AM, ChemPlay said:

So I won't ever be able to make a KSC on another planet without everything being in 1 vessel?

There's a mod that virtually connects parts that are near each other without being physically connected. It lets you share electricity/fuel/etc between what KSP considers different vessels. I unfortunately cannot remember the mod name.

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KPBS) is my favorite parts mod for constructing bases. It includes small folding wheels that can be put on base modules. Land new modules near your base, drive them to dock with base. The KPBS part profile and wheels keep everything at the correct height for easy docking.

Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Redux (SSPXR) is another good parts mod. The expanding crew tubes are especially useful for constructing bases. They work similarly to stock grabber klaws but look like pretty passageways and are adjustable length. Add them to base modules. Then use a rover or KAS winches to push modules together.

Be wary of KSP physic glitches when using KAS or any klaw-like parts to attach bases. Save often. SSPXR tubes are IMO safer than the stock grabber. KPBS docking ports are usually free of physics glitches which is why I prefer that for bases.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.