Physicsless Parts Can Cause Parts To Float Away While Still Attached (Camera Affected)

Anonymous Bug Reporter

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: 3080 TI | RAM32GB

Issue: Placing Landing Legs on Trusses Causes Camera Disconnect and Drops The Legs after triggering a stage.

Severity: med/low, apparently there is some way to "reconnect" the camera, but it is very tedious

Frequency: high, reproducible 100%

Description:  When placing landing legs on trusses, once triggering a stage after the initial launch, will cause the legs to fall off the trusses and "disconnect" the camera from the craft,

meaning the craft will start to distance itself ever so slightly from the camera location until it is entirely out of view.

Furthermore, the landing legs will simply drop off the craft when the stage is triggered.

I have attached a rocket that will achieve this effect 100% of the time.

The reason I know the landing legs on the trusses are to blame is that I modified the rocket until the bug no longer occured, which happened once the landing legs were placed directly on the methalox tank.

If required I can upload a video, but as said you should be able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

Included Attachments:

BUGGED_VEHICLE.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

4 answers to this question

I encountered this too.  I fixed the camera bug by removing and re-attaching the legs to the trusses. The legs still drop off when staging, so I've had to abandon this craft until the bug is fixed.

Ttd4mxx.jpg

Craft in VAB

3r2s6Br.jpg

Legs falling off, visible near booster nose cones.

Edited by rogueqd
Added image descriptions

Got the similar issue multiple times with mutliple rovers builds. Just need to avoid attaching wheels and apparently, landing legs to these. It is not about camera - but the legs just detach themselves from the vehicle when performing stage separation. Camera loosing focus is an outcome of trying to focus both on main body and legs, that are left behind.