Suggestion: Button inside the Tracking Station that allows user to delete all existing debris

A simple button that allows the deletion of all existing debris would be a welcome QoL addition.

Additionally, I'd suggest enabling the ability to delete debris/crafts from the list on the left by hovering over the list item, pressing Delete key and allowing to confirm by pressing Enter, streamlining the process of manual deletion in a *cheff kiss* manner :)

1 hour ago, kdaviper said:

You can set max debris to zero then change it back to however many pieces you want

This makes debris instantly disappear on screen as far as I can tell. Not sure if that's directly intended or not, but thats what happened to me when i tried doing this.

A simple button or toggle to "Remove all debris when vessel is recovered" would be more than good enough

I support this. And at the very least, launch towers should automatically be recovered as soon as they are outside of physics range.

In regard to deleting debris one by one, I don’t even think it should ask you to confirm if you want it deleted; just delete it when the player clicks delete.

I think there are - at least - three classes of debris.

There's the launch clamp thing: Yep, definitely have those automatically recovered as @bigwhitey95 says, in what scenario is there a use/value to leaving them on the launch pad?

There's the suborbital junk or stuff that dips into an atmosphere and so would drop out of orbit sooner or later. Is the situation with this type of debris still the same as KSP1, where debris that dips into atmosphere remains in orbit? If so could there be a housekeeping routine that removes this type of junk, though possibly not instantly, or perhaps with a rule that if it has no means of control? It seems silly to have loads of - realistically - suborbital junk staying in orbit.

Then there's the properly orbital debris: Personally, if I accidentally leave something in orbit then I'm - mostly - happy to leave it there, I wouldn't want it to be instantly removed along with all the landed and suborbital junk that I have to "waste" time tidying up (it's not fun!).

As to the idea that the delete debris confirmation dialogue should respond to the Enter key; absolutely! Of course it should, and you should also be able to Tab to the cancel button

On 1/11/2024 at 5:27 AM, bigwhitey95 said:

In regard to deleting debris one by one, I don’t even think it should ask you to confirm if you want it deleted; just delete it when the player clicks delete.

Or have the confirmation dialogue appear next to the spot you've just clicked to delete the debris, so you're not having to waste time mousing back and forwards halfway across the screen as you delete a dozen or two rocket fragments.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.