Suggestion: Kerbals should get paid!

To be honest, I haven’t tried KSP2 yet, so don’t know if this is implemented, but would love it in KSP1 even though I think development is done?

There should be a cost to send a Kerbal into space.  Perhaps based on experience level.  Otherwise, there’s no reason to send level 1 Kerbal’s up unless you are trying to get them experience.  I think it would add another dimension of gameplay if it were to cost something like a few thousand per Kerbal, per experience level.  Maybe even add additional cost to that when recovered so those that are gone for a few years really make you think about keeping the missions as short as possible when crewed.  A level 5 Kerbal on a two year mission should really hit the bank hard.   

No, I’m not a member of any Kerbal union ;)

Just a thought.  Cheers!

I would find this extremely annoying. Money in ksp 1 is useful as a way of forcing you to re use rockets and gate you so that you can design efficient craft until you unlock building upgrades 

Having a small amount per mission is not super useful from a game play perspective in my opinion and would just add up to be a headache.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.