Is making a science mod that can add more science part a good idea ?

To create science points? That would offset the balance that the devs brought into the game (one can have a discussion on how good that balance is but I digress). The current system really forces players to explore beyond their comfortable boundaries. Most players don't go beyond Minmus and KSP2's mission system is kind of enforcing that with its lack of significant science points to be ground out.

Now, having said that, I think there is plenty of room to create instruments for those that want to do real science—the KSP1 parts like a thermometer, barometer, accelerometer,etc. The physical properties are there, so why not make parts that can measure them? Perhaps even with a log function to store to a text file, so you can plot temperature and pressure against altitude.

It would b a fantastic idea as there is a large group of players who misses those kind of instruments and go out and measure things. If there ever is going to be an educational version of KSP2 it would also support that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 5:26 AM, Ian Zhang said:

There are not much science parts in KSP1,  so adding some more parts in it might can be better. I'm working on the Mod, but I don't know other kerbin's idea. Can you guys help?

Many mods add parts and experiments. Take a look at DMagic Orbital Science and SCANSat for some ideas. Also 2 great and extensive parts mods that have a few science parts: Tantares and BDB.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.