Symmetry not working after CTRL+Z/Undo for complex builds

ShadowZone

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22631 64-Bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (24) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24340MB) | RAM65459

I made a mistake during a complex build and pressed "CTRL+Z" to undo what I did. That worked fine but afterwards I was not able to place parts in any symmetry anymore. This only got better after relaunching the game.

Included Attachments:

ForSci_Bug43.mov

ForSci_Bug43-Symmetrygone_logs.zip

Edited by Spicat

5 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti-Super | RAM48GB DDR4

Probably a duplicate of ShadowZone's report:

I had not even registered "using Ctrl-Z" on my craft, but upon reading his post I did remember using it (once) since relaunching the game today.

In my video, the struts going from the "decoupler" stage down to the radial boosters also had to be attached individually/manually as they completely refused to be placed with the "broken/false-symmetry".

Included Attachments:

SymmetryFailure_logs.zip

Edited by The Space Peacock

I encountered this too... Last night (and I reported it, especially after spotting this post) and also in my previous session (but I was nearly done for the night and wasn't sure what to make of it); hopefully my report is spotted and merged in here "Soon.TM"

This problem occured several times when I was constructing my crafts. Occasionally, after rewinding after "lift off"  the vehicle seems to reload as a completely different vehicle (As seen in my picture's top right corner, the name is the default name, not the name I originally gave it "太空站乘员舱发射载具" or "Space Station Crew Compartment Launch Vehicle" ), every symmetric parts on the craft became individual, and as seen on the right-most stagings, they are separated as well. Sadly, the craft with this status was modified and I did not save the craft individually, and I can only provide this screenshot as the evidence.

Included Attachments: