TwoCal's Aviation Musings

Hello, forum-goer! This is my first KSP craft collection thread, and I'm hoping to fill it with my random aerospace-related craft and vessels. This includes replicas and original craft, jets, props, and maybe helicopters if I'm feeling especially adventurous. All craft will be downloadable through KerbalX.

Also, to make things easier, I tend to stick to standardized action groups, which also helps because AFAIK KerbalX doesn't save action groups. So here's the standard set for BDArmory fighter jets:

Spoiler

AG1 - Weapon Manager > Next Weapon

AG2 - Weapon Manager > Previous Weapon

AG3 - Weapon Manager > Fire Missile

AG4 - [Speed Brake]

AG5 - [Toggle Afterburner]

AG6- Fire Flare

AG7 - Fire Chaff

AG8 - TBD

AG9 - TBD

AG10 - TBD

CRAFT LIST

Spoiler

LAST UPDATED: 3-23-24

KerbalX - F-15E Strike Eagle

Edited by TwoCalories

img%5D

img%5D

After the success of the F-15C Eagle with the Vankadian Air Defense Force, McDonnell Kerman began researching into the Charlie variant's biggest weakness: air-to-ground capability. Designed to be a multirole aircraft from the start, the F-15E has been highly successful in the Second Global War, performing airstrikes and high speed interdiction missions day or night. It also maintained the F-15C's excellent air superiority capability.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

This is my attempt at making a replica of the F-15E Strike Eagle, manufactured by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and flown mainly by the US Air Force. It's not perfect. For example, I clipped four extra engines in and yet it cannot even go Mach 1. It's also not the most maneuverable aircraft in the world. However, I feel that it's okay, and that even though it's not a supersonic aircraft the high speed and acceleration still gives it a semblance of realism.

Based on experience with previous fighter replicas, I put extra work into making every hardpoint and weapon slot interchangeable. You can now remove hardpoints, add external tanks, put a JDAM here, an AMRAAM there, all the good stuff.

KerbalX link: KerbalX - F-15E Strike Eagle

I need to make custom speed brakes on my next plane, but when I use KAL controllers when I launch the vessel the KAL controller doesn't save any of the tracks I put in. Is there any way to fix this?