KSP Planet Packs That Are Compatible - A Crowded Solar System

I am wondering if anyone has any planet packs they could recommend to me that work with the ones I have already included in this list.  I also would like to recognize some of the amazing planet packs that have been made for KSP here as well.  Please note I have zero interest in system replacer packs.

I currently have the following planet packs installed and they appear to be compatible in my game and work in 1.12.5 (they are listed in alphabetical order):

• Asclepius - Adds a rocky planet with thin atmosphere that gets dense enough to fly planes in it's canyons.  Also has a moon.
  • Custom Asteroids - Technically not a planet pack, but adds more bodies to the solar system
  • Helvica - Adds one small gas giant and its moons to the space between the orbits of Duna and Dres.  The gas giant orbits in retrograde. (no longer maintained and author is looking for someone to take it over)
  • Janet's Minor Planets - Adds a few asteroids along with some Jool trojans.
  • Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack - Adds an interstellar distance system that orbits a fantastic looking black hole.
  • Kerbol Origins - Adds in planets that aim to recreate the SQUAD planet ideas that did not make it into the game.
  • Minor Planets Expansion - Made to work alongside Outer Planets Mod by adding asteroids and dwarf planets.
  • Muniant - Adds a Dres-sized planet with a highly elliptical orbit.  Shows Dres' description and the planet's name is not capitalized.
  • Near Kerbin Objects - Adds three asteroids with orbits that bring them near Kerbin
  • Other Worlds - Adds an orange dwarf star called Cercani along with it's systems.  Intends to be a story based pack.
  • Outer Kerbin - Adds a new moon and sub-moon to the Kerbin SOI
  • Outer Planets Mod - Expands the outer edge of the Kerbol system to include bodies that resemble those that appear in our solar system.
  • Quackpack - A fantastic planet pack that adds a few sun grazers and sub-Moho planets, filling in a very under used portion of the Kerbol System.
  • Silan - Adds a trans-Joolian gas giant with rings along with its moons.
  • Snazzy's OPM - Adds a gas giant called Gorgis along with seven moons.
  • Xubol - Adds a sub-Moho planet based on an unimplemented idea from SQUAD.
  • Zive System - Adds a star with five planets and some moons.  A brown dwarf also orbits the star.

If anyone decides to download and use these mods make sure you read the mod description in full and install ALL dependencies or they will not work.  

Does anyone know if Galaxies Unbound would work with these?  It looks great but I haven't tried it out.

I will add compatible mods to the list as I find more or they are suggested to me.  If I have missed one it's likely not on purpose except in the case of Grannus and Galileo Planet pack which are not compatible with modern versions of Scatterer and so I will not include them in this list.

Edited by Jcklemme

1 hour ago, Jcklemme said:

I chose not to include Grannus as mentioned on the OP post because it is not compatible with modern versions of scatterer.  I will definitely check out those other two.

@Jcklemme After some further digging on CKANI've spotted a few extra mods that you might also want to take a look at:

Hopefully, none of these would conflict (too much) with anything else within your long list of mods that add to the stock Kerbolar System (or the stock system itself).

I'll also throw in an extra mod, though I have my doubts about its compatability:

Oh, and I've just lodged a stern complaint against the development team behind GEP to finally add support for the latest version of Scatterer (or at least delist it as a conflicting mod on CKAN). It's been long overdue that that antiquated planet pack do some work to remain relevant alongside later-developed, yet more finely-designed, mods like Kcalbeloh.

Oh, and besides, when manually installed outside of CKAN, it looks like GEP would've worked alright with the latest updated versions of Scatterer anyways, as hinted at within this post.

Edited by Shadow Wolf TJC

3 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

Linbol System Rebirth doesn't have a secondary version, for now it is a system replacer (blame me, I was supposed to add that patch)

It's a very cool looking planet pack.  I've recently been working on trying to make a single planet using Kopernicus and am only about three quarters of the way through the config file.  I understand that it's a lot of work to update these kind of things.  If you're doing anything besides making just a copy of a planet there is a good amount of stuff to go through, not to mention having to load the game up every time you want to check how your changes work. 

14 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

Linbol System Rebirth doesn't have a secondary version, for now it is a system replacer (blame me, I was supposed to add that patch)

Besides myself, I'm sure plenty of others would've been eager to see something like that.

Oh, and speaking of system replacers, I've been thinking about how one might successfully develop a mod that would've restored the Kerbolar System to its vanilla glory, even with other system replacement mods like Galileo's Planet Pack present. For now, here's what I believe one would've needed to consider:

1. This mod would've likely needed to have been loaded after all of the other system replacement mods had been loaded, yet ideally, would've also been loaded before such mods that would've made various changes or additions to the stock Kerbolar System as, say, E.V.E., Scatterer, various mods that require Kerbal Konstructs (such as Launch Sites Appended or Kerbin Side Remastered), any universe-wide rescale mods designed to resize the stock Kerbolar System, plus other modded celestial bodies (such as any of these old configs for the old Sigma Dimensions mod), or such planet packs as OPM, MPE, QuackPack, Sentar Expansion, or Revamped Eeloo to name a few.
  2. The option to make Kerbin the home world once more instead of whichever planet is supposed to replace the home world.
  3. Perhaps the Kerbolar System would've been made to revolve around either whichever star system would've replaced it, or around a supermassive black hole, which other community-developed star systems, including the ones from the system replacer mods, would've also been made to revolve around, in order to serve as the center of a galaxy or star cluster? (Then again, perhaps both options could've been made possible, with, say, the former option being the default option due to how simpler it would've been to design, whereas the latter option would've been better suited towards a more ambitious project, that would've used patching to build upon former option?)
  4. Although I believe the first three design considerations should've likely been enough for many (if not the majority) of the system replacer mods out there, it might not necessarily work as smoothly when dealing with system replacers that change the whole Kerbolar System whilst keeping all of the original names, such as JNSQ for example. Under such circumstances would mod-specific patches be needed to be able to keep those modded stock-planet-alternatives along with the stock planets themselves, such as renaming these modded planets to, say, their original names backwards (such as, say, "Nibrek" in place of "Kerbin" for example), or adding a tag next to their name (such as, say, "JNSQ's Kerbin" for example).

That's all that I can think of at the moment for designing such a mod that would've addressed this bothersome common trend of modders designing their own planet packs to replace the stock Kerbolar System, making all of these system replacer mods mutually-exclusive as a result of such sloppy quick-and-dirty and/or self-centered mod design practices. (Personally, I'm surprised to find that such a mod hadn't been made as of yet.)