military/civil parts (Poll)

dual-purpose military/civil parts?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. would you be interested in a mod with multipurpose parts?

• yes
    • no

I've already made a post on this, but I did want to see if I'd be the only one who would actually use a mod like it. I'm talking about fireworks (celebratory, or destructive), drop tanks (range extension or makeshift bombs), dune buggy/pickup truck parts (everyday rovers or improvised fighting vehicles) aircraft parts (Bede BD-10, ATG Javelin, and Saker S-1 trainers/personal aircraft, and boat parts (dinghies, other small watercraft)

please note this is only a mod request.

Edited by Kerbal410

Probably a real bad idea. I voted no. This is a scientifically touched software and the direction should stay as it is, there are more than enough games to "play"around the topic of warfare.

I'm voting "no" but only because it's an 'all or nothing'. The vehicle parts would be awesome, but the weapons would keep me away from the mod. There are weapons mods for KSP1 that are really popular and I'm sure a KSP2 mod like that would find it's fans as a separate mod.

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 10:34 AM, ShadowDev said:

yes because this sounds cool and no because you shouldn't be making mods based on if people will use it or not (modding for player count is the worst type of modding).

"demand" was the only thing my brain could think of at the time for some reason. I really just wanted to know how much backlash such an idea would have in contrast to a legitimate weapons mod. I don't really know how to mod or anything either. I'll just change that when I can.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:15 AM, Mitokandria said:

I'm voting "no" but only because it's an 'all or nothing'. The vehicle parts would be awesome, but the weapons would keep me away from the mod. There are weapons mods for KSP1 that are really popular and I'm sure a KSP2 mod like that would find it's fans as a separate mod.

yeah... I don't know why I didn't separate the vehicles from (potential) weapons. fireworks don't need to be used for destructive purposes, they could, for example, when multiplayer is added, be used as a means of starting a race between players, similar to how blanks are used in real life. there is the destructive potential, of course, but it wouldn't be required to use fireworks for destruction. the same goes for drop tanks, as they actually would have a more useful application of extending the range of spaceplanes or aircraft, though they would still explode when dropped and thus can be used as an improvised bomb, but again, not the main purpose.

On 4/14/2024 at 2:35 AM, Mikki said:

Probably a real bad idea. I voted no. This is a scientifically touched software and the direction should stay as it is, there are more than enough games to "play"around the topic of warfare.

do any of these war games have the same graphics and physics simulation as KSP2? would they enable players to construct whatever they want to do whatever they want? are players in these games required to  use weapons as weapons? as stated above, fireworks and drop tanks have more uses outside of destroying things. not stated above is that not many things found in the BDA mod for KSP1, like a weapon manager, AI controller, targeting pod, radar, among others, would be needed for a mod like this, as weaponry is only a side thing here.

Edited by Kerbal410

14 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

I really just wanted to know how much backlash such an idea would have in contrast to a legitimate weapons mod. 

There would be no “backlash” you either install a mod or you don’t. 

14 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

I don't really know how to mod or anything either.

So what was the point of all this? 

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 6:01 AM, Icegrx said:

There would be no “backlash” you either install a mod or you don’t. 

So what was the point of all this? 

I meant backlash in terms of negative comments regarding the development of mods, especially development of weapon mods in a "peaceful" game. I intended this to be a request for someone who does know how to mod.

Edited by Kerbal410

2 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

I meant backlash in terms of negative comments regarding the development of mods, especially development of weapon mods in a "peaceful" game.

There’s plenty of KSP1 weapon mods, there’s no backlash. If you want to keep your game peaceful you simply don’t download those mods. No one is forcing mods on anyone, so no one has a right to complain really. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 5:58 PM, Icegrx said:

There’s plenty of KSP1 weapon mods, there’s no backlash. If you want to keep your game peaceful you simply don’t download those mods. No one is forcing mods on anyone, so no one has a right to complain really. 

I use a lot of BDA and BDA extensions for KSP1 already (in fact, I can barely tell what the game was originally about), and KSP2 doesn't have a weapons mod of any kind. what I had it mind here was a mod that doesn't force people to use parts as weapons, but it is totally optional and possible to do so. I do agree that nobody is forcing anyone to use mods, and as such nobody really has the right to complain, but I've just mostly seen people try to slow down the developers with comments containing countless reasons as to why certain mods should not be created, not so much people trying to force others to use them.

Edited by Kerbal410