PD claims to still be hard at work on KSP2

10 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Now let's say your prediction is true... are you ready for another ~year with 0 progress and for the remainder of the roadmap to be developed even slower, let alone to a possibly more rushed standard?

I waited 5ish years since I saw the release trailer. I could easily wait 5 more. Part of me hopes they using the opportunity to rescind the EA and return to a private development process where they can work in peace free from the pressure of all of the community expecting far more than is healthy. If they went radio silent and just suddenly released a complete 1.0 to the full scope of the roadmap years from now, I would be ecstatic.

I never needed the EA cycle. I would have been happy with them simply delaying it instead of entering EA in the first place. And from my view of the community, it would have been better for many if they had done it this way.

Just now, steveman0 said:

I waited 5ish years since I saw the release trailer. I could easily wait 5 more. Part of me hopes they using the opportunity to rescind the EA and return to a private development process where they can work in peace free from the pressure of all of the community expecting far more than is healthy. If they went radio silent and just suddenly released a complete 1.0 to the full scope of the roadmap years from now, I would be ecstatic.

I never needed the EA cycle. I would have been happy with them simply delaying it instead of entering EA in the first place. And from my view of the community, it would have been better for many if they had done it this way.

Oh don't be confused for a second that anyone wanted EA. Pretty sure next to everyone wanted the game they showed in 2020... maybe minus the obvious performance hiccups evident on the trailer.

The reality is games are businesses, and at some point when you realize the game is not what the people want and thus don't buy it, and ROI is at risk... the axe is better. You can't just have 70 people hired working for a "maybe someday". That's wildly unprofessional and they're very lucky to have survived after failing to deliver (not to us, to the shareholders) for 4+ years.

13 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Now let's say your prediction is true... are you ready for another ~year with 0 progress and for the remainder of the roadmap to be developed even slower, let alone to a possibly more rushed standard?

Yes! Hell yes! For all its problems, I loved For Science, and anything would be better than the game being canned. But I'm not optimistic.

On 5/1/2024 at 6:35 PM, Skorj said:

Nate Simpson changed his current employer in his LinkedIn page recently from Intercept Games to Private Division. 

That isn't recent. It has been listed as Private Division at least for a couple years IIRC.

1 minute ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Hasn't he been listed as Private Division since the development of Kerbal Space Program II started?

I don't think so as I do believe I recall him originally listing Intercept Games, however, as far as I can recall he has listed Private Division as his employer since at least the beginning of 2022 before the announcement of "suddenly Early Access".  Either way him listing Private Division on linkedin is not a recent change.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.