Is Intercept Games being shut down?

ColdJ

5 minutes ago, dprostock said:

It is an expression of my homeland. Newly arrived immigrants were "sold" the rights to exploit the mailboxes found on the streets. Poor people... all swindled in the land that was to be your promised land. 

You’ve triggered my interest and I’m about to learn something new, what homeland is that? Feel free to DM instead if you want. 

6 minutes ago, dprostock said:

It is an expression of my homeland. Newly arrived immigrants were "sold" the rights to exploit the mailboxes found on the streets. Poor people... all swindled in the land that was to be your promised land. 

Wait, some sold the right to loot peoples mail boxes? Yes this was obvious an scam and you had to be pretty stupid to fall for it.
Stealing is legal is nobody catch you or nobody cares :)  Now its not uncommon for organized crime to run an monopoly on some crimes driving of freelancers but not at that level. 

4 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Just for the record SZ has been very critical and skeptical of decisions and communication about the game. He’s just been hopeful they could turn it around. We don’t know what the outcome will be in the fine detail but he was pretty clear in his last vid that none of it sounds good. No matter what a lot of folks have lost their jobs and that really sucks. 

To be fair, they kinda had looked to have turned it around a bit with For Science! The game was looking good, it was running well, there was finally something meaningful to do. That's what makes this even more of a sucker punch, the fact Take Two waited for the game to reach a somewhat acceptable state before axing it, not before.

1 minute ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

To be fair, they kinda had looked to have turned it around a bit with For Science! The game was looking good, it was running well, there was finally something meaningful to do. 

I think part of the problem was the player numbers were quickly falling back off though. If you look at the Steam player count, they shot up to 1,500 after For Science but, after 4 months, they were on track to be back where they were pre-patch in the 100 to 200s.

2 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Wait, some sold the right to loot peoples mail boxes? Yes this was obvious an scam and you had to be pretty stupid to fall for it.
Stealing is legal is nobody catch you or nobody cares :)  Now its not uncommon for organized crime to run an monopoly on some crimes driving of freelancers but not at that level. 

Yep. They did it with the Europeans who had just arrived in the country, the same compatriots who had arrived before. They preyed on the great mass of illiterate peasants who arrived at the beginning of the 20th century. 

1 minute ago, Stevie_D said:

I think part of the problem was the player numbers were quickly falling back off though. If you look at the Steam player count, they shot up to 1,500 after For Science but, after 4 months, they were on track to be back where they were pre-patch in the 100 to 200s.

You should remember, if you read the Steam reviews, that the reduction was due to the requirements. Not all of them had state-of-the-art equipment or were in a position to acquire it, amid the pandemic and economic downturn. 

1 minute ago, Stevie_D said:

Yeah don't get me wrong, that's on them (Intercept) for failing to keep their community engaged. I suppose that was one of the fundamental nails in the coffin, communication and interaction needs to be a great deal better than it was. I think a lot of people saw it as "They're clearly not invested in their project, so why should I be?!"

There was a huge upturn in active players and they really didn't capitalise on that momentum. Another problem is the attention span of current gamers, it seems to be getting lower and lower as each year goes by, so it's becoming increasingly difficult to get people to be interested by a game.

Scott Manley was steering away from KSP yes but I do feel if the game was good or got good he would’ve made some videos because 1. It’s still fun 2. It would’ve made money. 3. He likes teaching space and it would’ve helped with that.

I’m sure he would’ve done new tutorials, probably one career play through, and the occasional video demonstrating something he’d like to talk about in real space.

Having got none of those, I think his views are clear.

ShadowZone may have presented a very optimistic possibility, but he made a clear line between the facts and the theories, and presented multiple possibilities. I really do think he made a good video on the situation.