JR9CWlD.png

N1KjNdD.png

CzSIIE4.png

MAO30Lr.png

EL6A96h.png

Dependencies

Recommended Mods

Credits

Please report any issues in the comments below.

DOWNLOAD

SpaceDock | GitHub

I HIGHLY recommend using JNSQ_ParallaxScatters along with this mod!

These two mods truly bring JNSQ into the modern era.

Please keep in mind that as of June 29th, 2024, Parallax and Deferred rendering DO!! support each other. Grab the latest Parallax version, and go wild! It's amazing!!

JNSQ Rescale is NOT supported.

Changelog

Spoiler

JNSQVolumetrics Changelog

v1.4

Lindor

• Lindor has an actual flowmap now; still not finished though
  •  Other minor tweaks

Kerbin

• Reverted to an older cloud config as it looks better and has fewer issues

And some other minor tweaks here and there

I will be taking a short break (about a week) from developing this mod because I'm feeling a bit burnt out. After working on it for an entire week, I expected much better results and feel a bit disappointed in myself. I want to do this mod justice, as I believe it deserves something much better than this. I'm sorry!

v1.3.1

Added an optional patch to lower some settings and improve performance on low-end systems.

v1.3

Added Aurorae!

• Can be found on Kerbin, Eve, Duna, Jool, Laythe and Lindor

Kerbin

• Tweaked atmosphere
  • Added Heavy Rain alternative to normal Rain

Fixes

• Fixed all duplicate cloud configs

Changes

• Changed temporalUpscaling from x4 to x6 to improve performance
  • Now includes an optional patch to change the orbit line color for Eve and Kerbin to better align with the planets' actual colors
  • Cleaned up configs and folders

Credits

v1.2

LINDOR SUPPORT

• Added Lindor support, although very janky as its my first time ever doing gas giants and i'm still just experimenting with stuff. It's ugly!

Kerbin

• Small tweaks to Clouds & Atmosphere 

Laythe

• Small tweaks to Atmosphere

Fixes

• Fixed overlapping cloud configs, should boost performance and also look a bit better. 

v1.1

Eve

• New clouds
  • New atmosphere
  • Weather 

Nara

• New clouds
  • New atmosphere
  • Weather 

Tylo

• Changed atmosphere

Riga

• Changed atmosphere

Kerbin

• Fixed weather

Images can be found here

v1.0

Release

Licensing

JNSQVolumetrics is distributed under CC0 1.0 Universal license

Edited by rbeap

It’s moments like this, that are truly terrible. Terrible because I will have to wait at least a day to try this out. Congrats on the release! The community thanks you!

@rbeap, so, your mod has stock volumetric clouds configs as dependency, but at the same time, it does add additional configs.

I beleive this means both (JNSQ volumetric and stock volumetric) configs are active on the same planet (Kerbin)?

I have not very good perfomance (like 40-50 FPS) with 12400F, 32GB RAM and RX 6800 (16GB VRAM)

Edited by evileye.x

Hey @bacontornado! Multiple cloud layers are normal, when i said overlapping clouds i meant multiple configs applying to the same body. I accidentally deleted the part of the config that disables the clouds from StockVolumetricClouds, therefore Kerbin (and other bodies) had 2 different cloud configs at once, ruining performance. 

@bacontornado Could you please redownload JNSQVolumetrics from SpaceDock? I changed the download to fix a :FOR in a patch that didn't even apply, my mistake. I copied the cfg over from AtmosphericBeats' KSRSS volumetrics mod to use as a template, and i changed everything but the mod it applies to... lol 

anyways could you go into JNSQVolumetrics/EVE/raymarchedClouds.cfg and change "%temporalUpscaling = x4" to "%temporalUpscaling = x8" to see if that helps?

7 hours ago, rbeap said:

@bacontornado Could you please redownload JNSQVolumetrics from SpaceDock? I changed the download to fix a :FOR in a patch that didn't even apply, my mistake. I copied the cfg over from AtmosphericBeats' KSRSS volumetrics mod to use as a template, and i changed everything but the mod it applies to... lol 

anyways could you go into JNSQVolumetrics/EVE/raymarchedClouds.cfg and change "%temporalUpscaling = x4" to "%temporalUpscaling = x8" to see if that helps?

@rbeap I redownloaded and changed the upscaling as you recommended, and it seems like the performance issues are fixed!