[1.12.5] Barking Owl Bureau - PBR Texturing and TU configs for BDB | 2.1 - July 20th 2024

KdJiVpt.png

Version: 2.1

Made for Bluedog Design Bureau 1.13

PBR Textures and TU/B9PS configs for BDB. I started this project a while back but put it on hold due to KSP2. Recent events have drawn me back to this project as it's now sorely needed in KSP. TU is one of the older graphical mods around but very few mods have have tried to take advantage of the suite of features it offers. I'm here to try and bring these features to BDB, and other stockalike mods (Tantares comes to mind as the Soviet counterpart to BDB). I initially started with the must have shiny's, the exposed steel of the Atlas and exposed Aluminium of the Agena and Titan, but the plan is to give everything PBR texturing, with a chronological slant. I'm currently updating the Titan to the new standard I've set for the Agena, Gemini is up next for new textures to complete the GATV-GLV set.

What's included:

BDB Bossart (Atlas) - Fully recolourable liveries (and engines) and custom metallic/smoothness maps, including an experimental ice variant. Set to be replaced in the next version of BDB so adjustments will be minimal.

Spoiler

BQNRv4K.png

BDB Fenris (Thor) - Fully recolourable tanks, and bespoke metallic/smoothness maps, beta release

Spoiler

1fwdTiA.png

BDB Prometheus (Titan) - Bespoke metallic/smoothness maps, recolourable liveries with a usability update for BDB 13.x

Spoiler

AjCBpyw.png

BDB Belle (Agena) - Bespoke metallic/smoothness gloss maps and fully recolourable Agena

Spoiler

rLtQF8r.jpeg

6yuCYDS.jpeg

BDB Inon (Centaur) - Basic metallic/smoothness maps

BDB SAF Fairings - as the base launch vehicle gets textures so do the corresponding fairings

Mod is designed around SSAO (Screenspace Ambient Occlusion) of post-processing add-ons being on. Please note that most publicly available TUFX/K3SP profiles have too much bloom in their settings for PBR. (A natural consequence of getting good pictures with old lighting and textures) Testing was done with blackracks TUFX profile with bloom and tuned off. Screenshots were made with Alverro tufx tuned down.

The visuals of some saved craft will be reset. Some historical liveries may have to be manually coloured due to concerns about UI clutter.  Since the VAB is mostly ambient lighting the Ambient Occlusion maps will come off as stronger than in Flight.

Download from Github

License:  CC-BY-NC-SA

Dependencies:

*If using Deferred Rendering by blackrack then you need this fork of TU https://github.com/LGhassen/TexturesUnlimited/releases/tag/1.6.1.0

Compatibility for:

Recommended Mods:

Special thanks to @CobaltWolf and the BDB team for allowing me to create textures from the source material. Special thanks to @Rodger for keeping the mod usable while I was away. 

Edited by Bellabong

4 hours ago, Bellabong said:

KdJiVpt.png

Version: 2.1

Made for Bluedog Design Bureau 1.13

PBR Textures and TU/B9PS configs for BDB. I started this project a while back but put it on hold due to KSP2. Recent events have drawn me back to this project as it's now sorely needed in KSP. TU is one of the older graphical mods around but very few mods have have tried to take advantage of the suite of features it offers. I'm here to try and bring these features to BDB, and other stockalike mods (Tantares comes to mind as the Soviet counterpart to BDB). I initially started with the must have shiny's, the exposed steel of the Atlas and exposed Aluminium of the Agena and Titan, but the plan is to give everything PBR texturing, with a chronological slant. I'm currently updating the Titan to the new standard I've set for the Agena, Gemini is up next for new textures to complete the GATV-GLV set.

What's included:

BDB Bossart (Atlas) - Fully recolourable liveries (and engines) and custom metallic/smoothness maps, including an experimental ice variant. Set to be replaced in the next version of BDB so adjustments will be minimal.

Reveal hidden contents

BQNRv4K.png

BDB Fenris (Thor) - Fully recolourable tanks, and bespoke metallic/smoothness maps, beta release

Reveal hidden contents

1fwdTiA.png

BDB Prometheus (Titan) - Bespoke metallic/smoothness maps, recolourable liveries with a usability update for BDB 13.x

Reveal hidden contents

AjCBpyw.png

BDB Belle (Agena) - Bespoke metallic/smoothness gloss maps and fully recolourable Agena

Reveal hidden contents

rLtQF8r.jpeg

6yuCYDS.jpeg

BDB Inon (Centaur) - Basic metallic/smoothness maps

BDB SAF Fairings - as the base launch vehicle gets textures so do the corresponding fairings

Mod is designed around SSAO (Screenspace Ambient Occlusion) of post-processing add-ons being on. Please note that most publicly available TUFX/K3SP profiles have too much bloom in their settings for PBR. (A natural consequence of getting good pictures with old lighting and textures) Testing was done with blackracks TUFX profile with bloom tuned off. Screenshots were made with Alverro tufx tuned down.

The visuals of some saved craft will be reset. Some historical liveries may have to be manually coloured due to concerns about UI clutter

Download from Github

License:  CC-BY-NC-SA

Dependencies:

*If using Deferred Rendering by blackrack then you need this fork of TU https://github.com/LGhassen/TexturesUnlimited/releases/tag/1.6.1.0

Compatibility for:

Recommended Mods:

Special thanks to @CobaltWolf and the BDB team for allowing me to create textures from the source material. Special thanks to @Rodger for keeping the mod usable while I was away. 

when BDB atlas frost mod

for my taste, the custom texture is enough. I assume you're referring to something like SEP's add-on, which is very nice,  but something like the atlas doesn't seem as if it would have the majority of its iced covering decay - on Starship Flight 4 for example, Super Heavy had far more ice on it at separation than its fuel load 

160ae8d7c923b49fe75f6649c6a62c27.pnge5b957373e5070e15ec848a8c3a0d6bc.png

Since Atlas isn't reusable, a decaying ice covering wouldn't serve much purpose, since it's destined to crash into the sea. 

It could just be my setup, but are certain Agena parts semi-transparent with this mod? For instance, the Keyhole return pod, the Keyhole heatshield, the Keyhole small parachute, and the Agena horizon sensor parts. All of these are nearly invisible. Do I have something gooned up?

On 7/23/2024 at 1:56 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

It could just be my setup, but are certain Agena parts semi-transparent with this mod? For instance, the Keyhole return pod, the Keyhole heatshield, the Keyhole small parachute, and the Agena horizon sensor parts. All of these are nearly invisible. Do I have something gooned up?

try updating your scatterer https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/releases (not needed if you're fully up to date with volumetric clouds), Can't say anything concrete but there were some transparency issues with deferred that might be doing this (it used to do this for me but was fine in flight, transparencies are now fine in flight for me and the VAB).

Also be triply sure that your Textures Unlimited is from blackracks fork https://github.com/LGhassen/TexturesUnlimited/releases/tag/1.6.1.0

• 2 weeks later...