Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Made an near exact replica of the Saturn V.

FQbVnEu.jpg

On the pad.

3uTuwop.png

Ermmm, dang center engine overheated and exploded and the rocket proceeded to lose TWR and collaspe near the pad. My abort system works though and some of the fuel tanks survived.

NEXT!!

We have been in the rocket business for a long time, as these pictures that I recently discovered attest to...

From 0.17 to 0.21. That's a good pedigree. From a simple Duna lander (DT1) to a carrier of heavy cargo (DT6).

UDplRZu.jpg

ZJMnyMF.jpg

OmTbcBP.png

Edited by zekes

I flew to every world at least twice in previous versions, so I decided to do something different in 21 and not leave Kerbin orbit until I had a large and fancy station.

First attempt:

NrvAaKv.png

Hoping that was due to a glitch, I started over. Second attempt:

c5OiPZ2.png

After a certain size, they just start ripping themselves apart. And since those were both total write-offs, I have now accomplished precisely nothing since 21 came out.

First Mun trip in .21

12eXsI0.png

PmD9vMc.png

cUAG6UE.png

Solid as a rock, even with one engine out, at near-orbital speeds. Can't handle for crud when below 400m/s.

x8fJ98K.png

Something is wrong in the SPH

dHBk5d8.jpg

90XoCb5.jpg

Dagger One (Mk. 2) - a true spacefaring vessel. No way to land but very maneuverable and refuelable. I may use this design as an interplanetary single-person shuttle.

TNHs6e5.png

byZDuOn.png

Gagarin Station (Mk. 2) begins assembly in orbit. This unit still has the propulsion unit attached.

SxZktPA.png

Modular Propulsion System (Large) headed to the Pueblo Bonito, my interplanetary mothership. I started a Pueblo Bonito back in .19 and still haven't managed to finish one. Maybe .21 will be a charm and we'll see the Pueblo Bonito carry 4-5 Kerbals to a distant (not Duna or Eve) planet with a lander to put them on the surface. Maybe. First picture still has the orbital insertion stage still attached.

IkSRK2r.png

TzjdgCX.png

mx15g43.png

And that about sums up what I've done in .21 since it was released.

Edited by paleorob
Wrong image linked.

Oh jeeze. That telescope is beautiful. It makes me want do download Infernal Robotics. Ach. I guess I will.

thanks for the feedback! you won't be disappointed by infernal robotics, it's really game changing.. i'd really like to see something like it in the stock parts

Edited by RealHogweed

Last Kerbin sunrise for 6 brave Kerbonauts on the (my) first manned Jool mission.

Although they have the resources to return, they plan not to. On every annual launch window, more supplies and equipment will be sent to expand their Jool space station, to discover the moons and eventually pave the way for the first Kerlonists to permanently inhabit this place of the Kerbolsystem.

screenshot16_zpscecb49b2.png

Look at that turning radius.

-snip-

You inspired me to see what CMGs were capable of in aircraft. This thing was ridiculous. I could do a 360 spin about any axis, including yaw, in less than 2 seconds, and recover instantly. You can do anything with it over about 150m AGL and have room to recover. You can do most manoeuvres within 50m, but it can get a bit sketchy. The gyros tend to cushion the impact well too, so only a small few of the crashes have been fatal.

mnNyToO.jpg

4UbDHE9.jpg

Yeah, aircrafts with lots of reaction wheels are fun to fly.

Some earlier pictures, was testing the concept with this hasily built plane. You don't have to have control surfaces when you have that much reaction wheel.

mjJQ5NO.png

Yes, a 180 degrees flip. No spins.

xW007In.png

Gotta experiment with the placement and number of the reaction wheels for a bit.

Edited by Whatshtisthis