Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

To keep up with the arms race of other companies, Project Genesis has produced an Exo-atmospheric version of the Excalibur. Known as the MK3, this variant of the Excalibur is made for short range space combat.

While it lacks in speed, range, and firepower, it makes up for in precision and stealth It achieves precision with 3 (ship to ship) STS-7 Judgement Missiles that can hit a capital ships command center with pinpoint accuracy.

The Excalibur MK3 has short range over all but it can be increased by refueling due to a small docking port on the nose (first missile must be absent though)

screenshot100-293x261.png

Download here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/project-genesis-excalibur-mk3-exo-atmospheric-precision-fighter-with-launcher-all-stock/

*please rate and let me know what your thoughts are or if you have an idea for me to try in the comments

* read instructions for hot keys

If this ship gets 100 downloads and a good rating I ll submit it to Macey Dean's ship submissions for his youtube channel

Update 1.1 now with better, more stable launcher is better in the gravity turn and increases range

Not to hate but the HTV docks on the USOS not the ROS.

unfortunately the kerbals manning the station didnt seem to care much for where to dock the thing lol. in truth i don't have a USOS at the point in time, so technically the HTV shouldn't even exist xD

Bringing arm base #8 of my Stanford torus project in to dock with the station core.

Space is beautiful.

M1Edu0a.jpg

The goal of the project is to build a full-scale (radius = about 1.6km) Stanford torus over Kerbin.

The goal of the project is to build a full-scale (radius = about 1.6km) Stanford torus over Kerbin.

It looks awesome so far, but you might want to consider scaling it down because the amount of parts required to build something that large would generate enormous lag. You probably would end up getting seconds per frame not frames per second.

It looks awesome so far, but you might want to consider scaling it down because the amount of parts required to build something that large would generate enormous lag. You probably would end up getting seconds per frame not frames per second.

I've never been accused of being afraid of lag. I've had other projects where the part count was somewhere into the 1500s, and I'm planning this thing such that the count doesn't grow supremely large for a structure of this size (for instance, there are almost no struts in the entire station thus far). With the 8 arm bases installed, it's only got 176 parts and weighs over 1100 tons. I'm counting mostly on inertia and sheer mass to serve as the structural reinforcement. I estimate that, with all 16 arm bases installed, it'll still be less than 250 parts.

I use large frames attached to the rockets to keep the components stable and strong during launch, and then remove and scrap them once the module is installed. Means the final station will have no RCS ports, struts, or unnecessary/redundant parts, but I can still keep the RCS ports balanced and far away from CoM. It means my docking clearances are a little tighter, but I'm convinced it'll pay off in the long haul, as the project gets closer to completion.

Here you can actually see the frame "sliding off" the end of arm base #8.

o8RpUQ7.jpg

Edited by NGTOne

okay, how did you manage the panarama?

Few ways he could have done it. Most likely used several pictures taken at slightly different angles and merged them in photoshop/windows live gallery.

That said very nicely done XkaOnslaught.

Few ways he could have done it. Most likely used several pictures taken at slightly different angles and merged them in photoshop/windows live gallery.

That said very nicely done XkaOnslaught.

Thanks. It was done with the Photomerge function in photoshop. i got the different angles using KerbCam. still not exactly the effect i want though. KSP FoV is about 75-90 degrees, i wish it can go higher so i can get distortion.