Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Space freighter, i plan to use it for moving stuff to Jool and back

Is powered by 3.75 fusion

pic

Damn, this is one of the most beautiful spacecraft I have ever seen. I really wish I could build stuff like this :(

So, my first mission as a Kerbal Space Programmer was to achieve an orbit around Kerbin. Here was Satellite Hub Launcher Mk I

138e6461a4a4fca5f0f10d9c2b9d4c31.png

As you see it has 3-stages. First of all the solid rocket boosters. Then, after I jettisoned those, I would (in plan) go into orbit with the liquid engine and use the other 4 solids after I jettisoned the orange tank to finish it off. Needless to say that didn't work.

9096486fb9c221454cdf1a9d6ac04e25.png

The Mk II removed the final boosters, however I wasn't getting the height I needed. So, after a rethink, I just stuck the final hub onto an asparagus. The docking ports are for future parts to be added on. The results are unknown (Spoiler: I crashed because I messed up the stages, though Bill, Bob & Obidy all survived).

Operation: Black Eyed Key (Or Op. B.A.y.K (Bake), ignore the fact it's spelt with E. Kerbal's don't need to know) will take place later today (GMT). Come back later for results!

Edited by DylanTM
Did the abbreviation wrong.

I went to explore Kerbin. I found this:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I wonder if anyone has ever been to the same place in KSP before. After all the planet's surface has about 2.25 million km² dry land...

It's almost a shame that so much of it goes to waste almost unused. Maybe a plugin that randomizes KSC position for every new game would be cool... I know there is one that can move the KSC. Hm...

I went to explore Kerbin. I found this:

http://imgur.com/a/FJelT

I wonder if anyone has ever been to the same place in KSP before.

I've flown through that canyon, or one a lot like it.

There are some really interesting places that many people never see, especially if they don't get away from the equator. A simple way to see more of Kerbin (from a distance anyway) is to just launch into an inclined orbit. Instead of turning east, turn north-east or south-east instead. An inclination of 50 or 60 degrees will take you over places most KSP players have never really even seen.

Update From 'Operation: Black Eyes Key (B.A.yK)':

So, Bill Kerman's journey took a strange turn. During the flight, he underwent problems doing a simple orbital burn, and extended his orbit so much, he reached a solar orbit (orbit of the sun). After analysing his orbit, we found this was his trajectory.

c8174347d1a83f11b7d71ca975f676ff.png

As you can see, Bill has 3 possible exit paths should the two orbits intersect (He has no remaining fuel). He could crash back on Kerbin (Or the Mun or Minimus), he could land on Duna, or he could land on Dres.

Here are some gifs of my Shuttle Launch from the cockpit.

We are go for Main Engine start!

iLa6no.gif

Launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis!

AdVqk2.gif

Booster Officer confirms good SRB sep!

_8GWM1.gif

Alantis rolls to a heads up position to get better communication from the Tracking and relay Satellites.

Od9T12.gif

M.E.C.O! The SSME's fall silent for the final time.

QbN0UO.gif

Space Shuttle Atlantis orientates itself to get photography of the EFT.

24oLfl.gif

I'm also creating a launch pad for it :P It's still a WIP, but here it is compared to the actual thing.

eYbs7p.gif1aozvC.gif

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy