Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Lodvey performed a test flight of the V2X-3 and V2X-4 today. Those prototypes were basically modified Vortex 1s, but neither could get to orbit. Got a nice picture though.

Vg7Wwmk.png

Next up is the V2X-5, a plane designed from scratch with stats similar to the Aeris 4A (in theory). Dudfield Kerman will be flying this prototype since Gusmin and Lodvey have finished their two test flights for now.

QTZquwP.png

Edit: Dudfield and the V2X-5 took off just before dawn, successfully achieving orbit about 17 minutes into the flight.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I went fullscreen for this mission so now I have a bunch of potential wallpapers. :D

The V2X-5 successfully achieved orbit with around 32.8% of its takeoff LFO remaining, so it's going to be able to do a fair amount of orbital maneuvers if it gets selected for active service. The boys back home are slightly concerned about the stability of the rear landing gear, but they are much more secure than those on the Vortex 1 even though they aren't presently strutted.

Edited by OrbitusII

This seems like a really bad omen considering my post just above yours... I'm gonna hold off on landing the V2X-5 for a little while. :P

Edit: my fears were well-founded:

819e9CU.png

Lodvey Kerman performed some landing tests with the sibling of the V2X-5 currently in orbit and is now hospitalized. Dudfield will not be returning home in the V2X-5 that he took into orbit but will remain there until an updated version with improved landing stability can be sent up to rescue him.

Edited by OrbitusII

Did some exploring because I was bored (actually testing a plugin that should help reduce spinning out while launching multi-jet SSTOs).

H320Fn1.png

wLTY0Iu.png

Turns out the Vortex 1 can achieve an AP of 50+ km and speeds of 2000+ m/s, not that it matters since the V2X-5 will be the version used in the end. :rolleyes:

Did some exploring because I was bored (actually testing a plugin that should help reduce spinning out while launching multi-jet SSTOs).

http://i.imgur.com/H320Fn1.png

http://i.imgur.com/wLTY0Iu.png

Turns out the Vortex 1 can achieve an AP of 50+ km and speeds of 2000+ m/s, not that it matters since the V2X-5 will be the version used in the end. :rolleyes:

Pretty respectable plane yourself ;).