Why I crashed my plane on landing how make it's better handle upon landing :/

You are smashing the engine on the ground. You need more clearance under the craft, ie, reposition the landing gears to make the craft higher.

=== == = POST EDIT = == ===

Alternatively,  reconfigure the hears from tricycle to dragging tail.

Put the main gears in the front, and the steering gear in the back, like the WW1 era airplanes. This way, the gear will protect the engine on landing....

=== == = POST² EDIT = == ===

Never mind. The craft became terribly unstable on taking off with the main gears ahead...

=== == = POST³ EDIT = == ===

I managed to "fix' it by moving the main gears way behind, almost near the engine. Taking off became a pain, consider deploying the canards as taking off flaps (set them to "deploy" on an action key, like "0").

Edited by Lisias
Post² edit

Besides the high vertical speed, also your horizontal speed is too high.

Try to slow down below 30 m/s, even better less than 20 m/s, maybe you need to mount speedbrakes to reduce the speed and/or increase the wing surface for better gliding capability.

3-point fighter landing may work in real life, not in KSP1 :D

On 8/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, Tecorian said:

Besides the high vertical speed, also your horizontal speed is too high.

Try to slow down below 30 m/s, even better less than 20 m/s, maybe you need to mount speedbrakes to reduce the speed and/or increase the wing surface for better gliding capability.

3-point fighter landing may work in real life, not in KSP1 :D

50 m/s is generally fine as horizontal speed for landing. it's harder to make a plane that can fly slower than that.

though all my experience comes from using higher tech, sturdier landing gear. maybe low tech planes are more limited

Real life, you're aiming for a 3 degree descent path, you impacted at about 10 degrees.  Your controls seem too abrupt for the purpose, try using more trim and less direct inputs for pitch.  Also, though I don't think it's really related, the wheel base looks pretty ridiculous.  The mains should be just a bit aft of the CoM, which we did not see there.