Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Hey guys kinda new to the whole Forum setup but I came up with this idea for a dune buggy style rover while playing Forza the other day :sticktongue:

ez2Mdxd.png

The Link for the whole album is Below

I may think about trying maybe to start a thread in the spacecraft exchange, not quite sure yet.

http://imgur.com/a/eDtax#0

Please link the craft file!!

I don't know how to rover clearly. 2 seats/ v4 mid engine/ all wheel drive /no trunk space or air conditioning. this car didn't meet safety standards and therefore there's a risk of experiencing more explosions than a Michale Bay film.

kwDEWkg.jpg

I don't know how to rover clearly. 2 seats/ v4 mid engine/ all wheel drive /no trunk space or air conditioning. this car didn't meet safety standards and therefore there's a risk of experiencing more explosions than a Michale Bay film.

Umm... You got the Batmobile's color wrong.

:D

(AWESOME "rover"!)

Oh Wow. Looks great, i love what can people do with just stock parts. Therefore in Version 2.0 I will rather keep mods out of the game. This helps to develop imagination, mods make things too easy sometimes. But I miss the inflatable modules in stock parts.

Have you used mainly Structural Pylon in the construction of your car? Because it has a bit of disconnect-decoupler power, it must be a good show, trying to accelerate :D , post some pics.

I'm having a bit of an issue with a rover I'm building just now. The vehicle uses both bilateral and angular symmetry, so I built the main body in the VAB before switching over to SPH to add the wheels and supporting structure. When I go to test drive it though, the parts with bilateral symmetry start duplicating as in the picture below.

KmL2HWR.jpg

I'm guessing it's been caused somehow by moving the .craft file across from the VAB to SPH folder. Is there an easy way to fix this, or do I need to strip it down and start again?

Lunokhod. Find it at OKB-1 Energia in rocket builders

Sag1igL.png

It's a very capable rover because of the 8 wheels, it has the traction and battery power for prolonged steep climbing.

On Kerbin, it can drive up any side of the launch pad at about 2m/s

On the Mun it can climb hills like this:

jrs4nna.jpg

The camera in this picture is oriented so that the bottom of the picture is the direction of gravity, at the time of this picture Lunokhod was going up a 45 degree slope at 5m/s

Lunokhod. Find it at OKB-1 Energia in rocket builders

Sag1igL.png

It's a very capable rover because of the 8 wheels, it has the traction and battery power for prolonged steep climbing.

On Kerbin, it can drive up any side of the launch pad at about 2m/s

On the Mun it can climb hills like this:

jrs4nna.jpg

The camera in this picture is oriented so that the bottom of the picture is the direction of gravity, at the time of this picture Lunokhod was going up a 45 degree slope at 5m/s

Functionality and Aesthetics! I really like it :) Its historical aspect is also very impressive. Also I love the Russian Rocket thread :D They made me a rocket. :3

I made a thread but I figure I should post here, too.

Mobile command center with a research rover deployable from the rear cargo bay, seats two up front and eight in the back for a total of 10.

Craft File: http://www./view/4brco27j4ox64bb/Citrus_Mobile_HQ.craft

Space to pop open the back hatch, 1 to deploy the research rover, 2 to turn on the lights.

ibt2NugkUlSPvU.jpg

i1n7CGA3z53vh.gif

iWjf2ULmXA1Lv.gifibdiZ09NVlPgqb.gif

I made a thread but I figure I should post here, too.

Mobile command center with a research rover deployable from the rear cargo bay, seats two up front and eight in the back for a total of 10.

Craft File: http://www./view/4brco27j4ox64bb/Citrus_Mobile_HQ.craft

Space to pop open the back hatch, 1 to deploy the research rover, 2 to turn on the lights.

Holy. :0.0:

Moderator comment: Please, please, please! Do not quote that many images...

Edited by Cykyrios
removed pics from quote

Well, sorry for posting 2 times within a very small timeframe. What can I say? I did say more Duna rovers coming soon. MUHAHHA!

Welp, this is the launch vehicle Odyssey for the rover Aquarius, for those of you to whom this isn't obvious to, these names are tribute to Apollo 13.

MKgGQCo.jpg

Aha, and here is the long-distance engine with Ike and Duna in the background...

HspULxe.jpg

Here is Aquarius just after touchdown, and in the middle of turning on scientific systems and instruments...

7Y3cGFR.jpg

nP2edXL.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.