Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Inspired by HOCgaming's charity drive to the north pole, I drove a jetcar to the north pole from KSC.

On most terrain, it can go 20-25 m/s at 2x physical warp without exploding too frequently.

On the polar icecap or similarly flat terrain, it goes just under 60 m/s at 4x physical warp.

Room for one pilot and two external passengers.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Firesplitter floats work up to quite silly speeds, I've had jetboats doing 100m/s. Good stuff.

@Pyromaniacal: I'll pull the cameras off and upload one as is, and attempt to do a more near stock version ( it's kinda mod-heavy, NP/B9/Aviation lights/IR/HullCam+homebrewed camera I can see ). I built it on Minmus with EL so you'll have to improvise a launcher either way.

Edited by Van Disaster

Fresh roverer.. but adding an Inline Advanced Stabilizer to a rover... has weird applications. And then i turned on SAS..

Sure, i can totally turn those panels perfectly at the sun now with the new discovery of antigravity. :D

LE: Funny thing is, if i turn it off, i lose the 'invincibility' :(

Edited by Cosmitz

I'm currently in the process of my very first mission to another planet, and I've chosen for Duna.

As I was building I came to the following idea.

Duna is mostly made of sand (at least I think) so I wanted to make the whole mission a "nomad / tribe" style to it.

So everything I send to Duna has to be at least slightly mobile and able to move.

So for the living quarters I made a simple mobile home with a rover attached to it to make it mobile.

Simple Mobile Home Rover

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.