(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Leave it to an Aussie to put a Ute in KSP! ;) I like it Devo! It's time for "Dukes of Kerbin"... Cue the Waylon Jennings!

*Just good ole' boys, never meanin' no harm.

Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born!

Ol8bNBM.png

DiQdBSZ.png

RCS boosters... plus they look like tailpipes :D

YeeHaww!

TSymvo7.png

Looks like the Kerman boys have got them selves in a whole mess of trouble!

On the down side though... I have noticed that the command chairs have a habit of coming loose under impacts... :cool: and if the hatch is closed then your Kerbals become trapped with no way out. We must save the Kerbals! lol

Edited by UltraVires

Leave it to an Aussie to put a Ute in KSP! ;) I like it Devo! It's time for "Dukes of Kerbin"... Cue the Waylon Jennings!

*Just good ole' boys, never meanin' no harm.

Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born!

Ol8bNBM.png

DiQdBSZ.png

RCS boosters... plus they look like tailpipes :D

YeeHaww!

TSymvo7.png

Looks like the Kerman boys have got them selves in a whole mess of trouble!

On the down side though... I have noticed that the command chairs have a habit of coming loose under impacts... :cool: and if the hatch is closed then your Kerbals become trapped with no way out. We must save the Kerbals! lol

Gotta have a Ute! :)

You know Im going to have to rename it now.. lol.. and put a folding door at the back...

as for being stuck in there, haha yeah I noticed that too..

I basically made the windows normal colliders, so they wont collider with the ground but will keep things contained within and stop jeb from flying through the windscreen, unfortunately the downside is you are stuck in there..

Any solutions you can think of?

I basically made the windows normal colliders, so they wont collider with the ground but will keep things contained within and stop jeb from flying through the windscreen, unfortunately the downside is you are stuck in there..

Any solutions you can think of?

Ummm, hows about an RCS thruster under the seat (sorta like an ejector seat) - link it to a hotkey whereas if pressed it (1) rips the roof off the ute, (2) fires the RCS thruster under the seat thereby (3) ejecting seat and kerbal up into the air :)

Ummm, hows about an RCS thruster under the seat (sorta like an ejector seat) - link it to a hotkey whereas if pressed it (1) rips the roof off the ute, (2) fires the RCS thruster under the seat thereby (3) ejecting seat and kerbal up into the air :)

Ejector seat is the way to go I think, I might also dive into these command chair models, I would very much like to incorperate the chair into the rovers from now on, rather than having to add them.

Im actually very happy with the new command chairs, I hate doing IVA's as people know (just time consuming pieces of non-fun) so this is my alternative, put seats in everything and make dual/IVA/EVA

Load em' up boys!

NOTE - My KSP crashed trying to add the 19th Kerbal, so maybe my initial claim of 22 Kerbals wasnt so accurate, might make that 15 to be safe.

image.php?id=F9D6_51A46888&jpg

Edited by Devo

Are there any plans to update the station-core-ring thingy? I'd love to see that updated.

Yes, and entire Station pack is underway. Those sorts of things take very little time, so I tend to do them when I'm taking a break from a larger project. I do have a large pack coming soon, just had to finish up a few things on my plate first.

Wheels are coming soon, just need to fix suspension aligment, I think I know what the problemo is, all good..

Ultravires / Logan I have pm'd you a copy of these wheels and the APC body and APC wheels also, which take some getting used to..

The "Ute" buggy wheels are VERY fast.. ease the throttle and then hit it hard at 30ms all the way to 60

image.php?id=F368_51A4CF03&jpg

image.php?id=091F_51A4CF03&jpg

image.php?id=9EBD_51A4CF03&jpg

Hello, sorry if this was answered before, are you planning on updating the WT-51 and the Pegasus for 0.2? if not, can you please do :D

Great Mods by the way.

Regards.

Edit : nevermind, reading a bit i found your post a few pages ago about something regarding the scale is broken and you don't plan on updating until they fix it... :/

Edited by Alemal

It ain't pretty but it'll get you there. Space Ute to the Mun.

aaM6SdF.jpg

xn6HFZU.jpg

wFAkrWo.jpg

However Jeb quickly discovered Space Utes suspension is far too rigid for low G operation.

idCOOIy.jpg

I guess it's back to the drawing board :D (actually with SAS on, a bit of RCS when things get hairy and NEVER ever going faster then 23m/s it's controllable but hair-raising and great fun to drive)

It ain't pretty but it'll get you there. Space Ute to the Mun.

aaM6SdF.jpg

xn6HFZU.jpg

wFAkrWo.jpg

However Jeb quickly discovered Space Utes suspension is far too rigid for low G operation.

idCOOIy.jpg

I guess it's back to the drawing board :D (actually with SAS on, a bit of RCS when things get hairy and NEVER ever going faster then 23m/s it's controllable but hair-raising and great fun to drive)

I can safely say now, you have loaded this up more than me :)

When I get these new wheels mickey mouse, I will send you a copy to test also, I'm trying to make some double rover wheels, someone said its not possible, but I still would like to try.

Will the Egg ever get landing gear?

Yes, and if I told you what they were you wouldn't believe me :)

I am re-doing the Egg for 0.20, I did an updated version on the spaceport but there was alot of things I wanted to always do with that, which I can now, so

legs are coming, and wont take long, maybe even today. The egg in total took a day to make, finish off the lander legs will only take an hour or so.

I can safely say now, you have loaded this up more than me :)

When I get these new wheels mickey mouse, I will send you a copy to test also, I'm trying to make some double rover wheels, someone said its not possible, but I still would like to try.

Cheers man, I can safely say this Ute is no lightweight. :)

On the double rover wheels, it might be worth talking to the creators of the caterpillar track mod, creating a bogie unit with no actual tracks on the road wheels might work using his plugin, if you get what I mean. Of course considering my complete lack of knowledge in making mods for unity I'm just guessing.

Looking forward to giving those new wheels of yours a spin :)

Edited by Yoloswaggins

Harrumph.

Well, I guess I can say I can return now. I found a workaround for my computer so it can run this program ( for now xP ).

Looking forward to testing the new 0.20 mods.... that is, if I'm still considered a tester, Devo... :c

Also, that buggy looks dang neat - definitely gonna be a part of the CFA.

( CFA being my "company" - Chocobo Feather Airways - because chocobos can't fly. XP )

Cheers,

Machre

Ever thought about some parts based off the Tac Fighter from Starship Troopers?

SSTTacFighter_html_m104d91a1.jpg

If there was enough call for it sure, as I'm finding out these days, it's better to ask first than slave over a mod no ones going to use.

If say at least 10 people ask for it, then I will make a start on something, if 25+ ask for it, then it gets put in the game for testing, if it keeps getting requested

I end up importing and polishing it off and releasing it. I probably have about 15 - 20 projects just waiting for the right enthusiasm.

I now know why 90 percent of people stick to making stock items rather than fancy stuff for the game, its easier! :)

Hello, sorry if this was answered before, are you planning on updating the WT-51 and the Pegasus for 0.2? if not, can you please do :D

Great Mods by the way.

Regards.

Edit : nevermind, reading a bit i found your post a few pages ago about something regarding the scale is broken and you don't plan on updating until they fix it... :/

The problem isn't so bad, I will update these packs soon, it's just time factor at the moment. Some people have it easy, they have 1 or 2 mods and they just spend forever

adding updates, I think I'm on about 10-12 mods now, and of those there is well over 200 parts :(

Edited by Devo

Loving the new Ute cab. Turns out it looks pretty sweet when placed on top of a DEMV Mk2 chassis. Fits almost perfectly with a little clipping around the doors. Added some aviation lights to the front grill to match the headlight texture.

I'd post a screenshot but for some reason that function isn't working. Ah, KSP. :)

If there was enough call for it sure, as I'm finding out these days, it's better to ask first than slave over a mod no ones going to use.

If say at least 10 people ask for it, then I will make a start on something, if 25+ ask for it, then it gets put in the game for testing, if it keeps getting requested

I end up importing and polishing it off and releasing it. I probably have about 15 - 20 projects just waiting for the right enthusiasm.

I now know why 90 percent of people stick to making stock items rather than fancy stuff for the game, its easier! :)

The problem isn't so bad, I will update these packs soon, it's just time factor at the moment. Some people have it easy, they have 1 or 2 mods and they just spend forever

adding updates, I think I'm on about 10-12 mods now, and of those there is well over 200 parts :(

Hey Devo,

Long time no talk! I was wondering if you had any requests for any of the craft from 2001: A space odyessy? I would love to see some models with the quality that you put into your work!

Enjoying everything so far, keep up the great work!

So last night and a little bit of today I decided to learn how to use Blender & Unity to create IVAs.

I configured it so it has a minimum of 2 crew so I could see the left and right seat view). Here's a screenshot of me turning to the right a little bit to show the scale issues but I really do enjoy this view! I haven't had a chance yet but I was thinking of putting some props in the windshield as a HUD. If anyone is interested I'll be more than happy to share the internals provided that devogen doesn't mind.

vBkPvHK.png

I also created one for the pod.

uRzQAZ5.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.