International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

It is complete, it's Node 2, Tranquility is also the Node 2 model, bobcat made one for both.

Node 1 is too long in the pack (over 4m), it should be about 3.5 meters long using the 64% scaling from 5.47m; thought the model of Node 2 in game is ~3.5m. Which means Node 2 is too short. Node 2 should be ~4.6m long scaled from 7.19m. I posted on this before. I'd be willing to learn how to fix this if need be.

Here's some more on the lengths of Unity Node 1 vs. Harmony/Tranquility Node 2/3 lengths. Comparison of in-game vs. STS-120 ISS config. photos showing that the polygons are reversed.

In-Game:

945026_4278041608432_901657530_n.jpg

STS-120 ISS:

7136_4278038648358_999540172_n.jpg

Edited by Anthony Frushour

So I'm getting a weird spamming error with the ISS Solar arrays when they move under animation. "[Error]: ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed!"

I narrowed it down to the solar array cause as soon as I collapsed the array the error went away.

Sorry bobcat I was confused

I have 2 questions

What size is the CBMs port ?

And what is up with PMA?

PMA has a bug with the docking node, as stated many many times in this thread.

I have offered to send the original files to any modder that thinks they can fix it. I have posted a screenshot of the unity setup, for all intensive purposes it should work but it doesn't

I personally have tried everything I can think of.

Please also all be aware we did not know Bobcat was releasing this pack to the public when he did.

This means, the PMA I sent him was not complete and that was the one that went out in the pack you are all playing with.

So when you say "but it's not working!!" we know, and we have said more than 3 dozen times. Just put a clamp-o-tron on the end for now.

Node 1 is too long in the pack (over 4m), it should be about 3.5 meters long using the 64% scaling from 5.47m; thought the model of Node 2 in game is ~3.5m. Which means Node 2 is too short. Node 2 should be ~4.6m long scaled from 7.19m. I posted on this before. I'd be willing to learn how to fix this if need be.

If you are willing to learn, pick up blender and Unity and model one to your precise sizing yourself, that's your solution.

I've completed my ISS!

wuaxERI.png

When I docked the first orion it reset the clock to 0, if y'all are wondering why it's only 55 days old.

I've got the ISS Centrifuge Demo attached to it as well! That's another one of bobcats mods.

I'm also thinking of sending the ISS on an interplanetary course to Duna, I've just got to load up some fuel, maybe a better engine, and we'll go.

If you are willing to learn, pick up blender and Unity and model one to your precise sizing yourself, that's your solution.

I just realized that by swapping a few textures, you could get roughly correct proportions. Just use Node 1 for Node 2, and vice versa.

I just realized that by swapping a few textures, you could get roughly correct proportions. Just use Node 1 for Node 2, and vice versa.

Would not work at all, not with my textures anyway.

Would not work at all, not with my textures anyway.

Another option would be to edit the plaques so that Node 2 has the US flag and Node 1 has ESA flag. Or simply disregard the flags until it's sorted out.

I don't know if you guys are still offering support for this, but for some reason I can't dock the Soyuz or the ATV to the ISS. The ports seem to work fine on every other craft, but for some reason, on this one in particular, they just don't want to magnetize with anything. Any idea why?

I don't know if you guys are still offering support for this, but for some reason I can't dock the Soyuz or the ATV to the ISS. The ports seem to work fine on every other craft, but for some reason, on this one in particular, they just don't want to magnetize with anything. Any idea why?

There's a problem with the PMA. It's a glitch, any port on a craft attached to a PMA will not work. They're trying to fix it.

There's a problem with the PMA. It's a glitch, any port on a craft attached to a PMA will not work. They're trying to fix it.

I didn't say the PMA. I'm talking about the Mir Docking Port Drogues and the Mir Docking Port Probes for the Russian parts of the station. I cannot connect ATVs or Soyuz crafts to them, even though they share the same docking ports. It works for literally every other craft except the ISS.

EDIT: Here's some screenshots of what I am talking about.

zBOg3pJ.png

dFnlOPF.jpg

EJiroKT.jpg

As you can see, I can dock these two ATVs just fine. However, when I try to dock to the ISS with the ATV, or the Soyuz even, the craft just bounces off the ISS. It doesn't actually get magnetized. Using the exact same ports.

Edited by Razorcane

I didn't say the PMA. I'm talking about the Mir Docking Port Drogues and the Mir Docking Port Probes for the Russian parts of the station.

If you have the PMA attached to your station, no matter where it is, the soviet docking ports wont work.

If you have the PMA attached to your station, no matter where it is, the soviet docking ports wont work.

That's quite an odd bug. The CBMs still work though. A very odd bug indeed. Especially since I was able to use them a couple of days ago.

EDIT: Was en easy fix, apparently. Just had to add referenceAttachNode = top to the config and now it works fine.

Edited by Razorcane

That's quite an odd bug. The CBMs still work though. A very odd bug indeed. Especially since I was able to use them a couple of days ago.

EDIT: Was en easy fix, apparently. Just had to add referenceAttachNode = top to the config and now it works fine.

To the .cfg of what? If the PMA's, then you have just ended a month-long ordeal that all the other creators of the ISS (especially Devo) plus everyone that has been testing this and trying to help have been going through!!!

I doubt very much that the PMA is fixed by that but I'll test it. It might make the other docking ports work when it's attatched but...

That's what I was implying. I didn't test the actual docking node itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.