International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

Just posting to give Bobcat and the rest some encouragement. I know you guys are busy with KSP projects and, uh, that whole life thing, but you're doing something that I've been waiting for since I first downloaded 0.15. We've come so far from that version, these historical/realistic mods are what keep me playing KSP for hours. If I had an ounce of talent or experience in CAD I'd do anything I could to help you guys out. I can do research? Aha.

Bobcat the buran is yours? i mean u make it? i make the big fuel tank and the bosters of the Challenger And im almost done with the configuration to reali fly it like the real shuttle. i mean without engines in the big tanck , its tricky but i thing i have a solution. i dont want to put that in mi name, if u want i will send u the parts and you posted like yours, just let in the cfg file my name . if u are interesting pls contact me hire . Sorry about my inglish

nut how do you attach it in space> do we add an extra docking port to the toip of destiny, or do we just and a docking port to the bootme of the truss and dock it to unity? at the moment ai have it docked to unbity

There's no Z1 Truss at the moment I suppose so the only thing to do is either send up the S0 Truss attatched to Unity directly or slap a CBM on the S0 Truss. Either way it's not a nice option given the attention to detail for the rest of the parts. If/when Z1 gets finished, the only thing I see working is adding an integral docking node to S0 and a recieving integral docking node to the top of Destiny. I'm not sure how that works but doesn't the LK from Bobcat have an integrated docking node?

There's no Z1 Truss at the moment I suppose so the only thing to do is either send up the S0 Truss attatched to Unity directly or slap a CBM on the S0 Truss. Either way it's not a nice option given the attention to detail for the rest of the parts. If/when Z1 gets finished, the only thing I see working is adding an integral docking node to S0 and a recieving integral docking node to the top of Destiny. I'm not sure how that works but doesn't the LK from Bobcat have an integrated docking node?

The S0 truss isn't attached to Unity. It's attached (in real life) to Destiny with four special connectors. Attaching it directly to Destiny is the correct thing to do. Z1 is on the zenith port of Unity, so leave that space open for future expansion....

The S0 truss isn't attached to Unity. It's attached (in real life) to Destiny with four special connectors. Attaching it directly to Destiny is the correct thing to do. Z1 is on the zenith port of Unity, so leave that space open for future expansion....
That's what I said... -_-

Check the part.cfg, here's the stock node compared to it.

CBM:

// --- general parameters ---
name = ISS CBM dockport
module = Part
author = BobCat
// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z, size
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1188498, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.007531643, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 990
category = 5
subcategory = 0
title = ISS CBM dockport
manufacturer = BobCat
description =

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.5
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.05
minimum_drag = 0.04
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 30
maxTemp = 1650
breakingForce = 630
breakingTorque = 630

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
referenceAttachNode = top
undockEjectionForce = 2
minDistanceToReEngage = 0.2
acquireForce = 3
acquireTorque = 3
nodeType = size5
}

Stock:

name = dockingPort2
module = Part
author = NovaSilisko

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.2828832, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

cost = 280
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port

description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked.

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.25
minimum_drag = 0.25
angularDrag = 0.5
crashTolerance = 10
maxTemp = 3400

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
referenceAttachNode = top
nodeType = size1
}

I know they're pretty much the same but there's something different. Also bobcat, what about buran to PMA.

Bobcat made the buran already to fit the ISS Parts. And everything has their own launch system (Soviet Pack), except for the dragon. The ATV is soon to come as well as Cygnus.

EDIT: My 100th post!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.