[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Thank you for making this! I can't even play without it anymore. Squad needs to make this an actual part of the game. Having to reload to the last quick save because I accidentally warped too far ahead is NOT a fun game mechanic.

Trigger Au can I use your ToolbarWrapper for MJ ? It would let me build without the dependency :)

Toadicus actually made the wrapper for VOID and said it was OK to use. I edited it a bit to make it a little more general, and then added a second file specific to each mod I use it in. You should be all good to use it, and I'll be happy to lend a hand if you strike any issues

The license for the wrapper is in the wrapper file itself.

And I need to add that attribution myself, thanks Toadicus :)

One thing I've noticed is I've got 2 KAC icons now. One in the toolbar with the others and a second in it's own toolbar group. Is there a config item or something to just use the toolbar with everything else?

The option to use the toolbar or not is in the settings under visual. thats the only setting and it should only show one or the other, pretty sure thats what I was seeing, but it was 1:30am :(

If you can let me know which scene you are i I can give it a test a bit later

The link at the top the version history does not lead back to this thread. Thanks for the awesome plugin, regardless. I oftentimes (ab)use it to fix my orbital inclination.

Wow, that link has been wrong since the great forum catastrophe. Thanks for letting me know, I've fixed it now

The option to use the toolbar or not is in the settings under visual. thats the only setting and it should only show one or the other, pretty sure thats what I was seeing, but it was 1:30am :(

If you can let me know which scene you are i I can give it a test a bit later

My bad, the extra icon is crew manifest.

On my toolbar, this doesn't have an icon for some reason, jut a blank slot. This causes my debug menu to explode, and eventually leading to crashing.

I havent seen that behavior except for when the texture files arent in the right place. Can you check in the log file for any messages about Texture loading failure? All the lines for KAC have KerbalAlarmClock in them.

Hey Trigger Au,

With you having direct access to 'real time' and 'kerbal time', it should be possible for you to compare the two and show 'slowdown effects' due to excessive mods, too many calculations and such.... correct?

I am looking at the MET being green when all is good, yellow for argh and red for dam - time to kill something....

Having an empirical look and understanding of the slowdown would be great.

Thanks for all of your mods... Great family of 'needed' ones....

Hey Trigger Au,

With you having direct access to 'real time' and 'kerbal time', it should be possible for you to compare the two and show 'slowdown effects' due to excessive mods, too many calculations and such.... correct?

I am looking at the MET being green when all is good, yellow for argh and red for dam - time to kill something....

Having an empirical look and understanding of the slowdown would be great.

Thanks for all of your mods... Great family of 'needed' ones....

Happy that they are of use.

For the what's causing slowdowns thats quite hard (and even trying to grab an FPS number) from a mod perspective. I could detect game time that has passed versus real time that has passed, but that's basically what the MET indicator is showing, and the 3D draw also affects this, so the same loaded modlist with the camera pointing skywards and a second time with the camera pointing at the horizon will have a different load on CPU. To my mind, without access to some internal unity statistics we cant see the source of consumed proc - I live in hope though :).

I havent seen that behavior except for when the texture files arent in the right place. Can you check in the log file for any messages about Texture loading failure? All the lines for KAC have KerbalAlarmClock in them.

LOG 12:07:08.420] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Blizzy's Toolbar Loaded:True
[LOG 12:07:08.421] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Initialising the Toolbar Icon
[LOG 12:07:08.422] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-ToolbarButtonWrapper,ToolbarButtonWrapper: Loading ToolbarManager.
[LOG 12:07:08.430] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock-ToolbarButtonWrapper,ToolbarButtonWrapper built!
[LOG 12:07:08.431] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Invoking Worker Function KerbalAlarmClock-KACSpaceCenter
[LOG 12:07:08.432] 0.1
[LOG 12:07:08.432] 12/21/2013 12:07:08 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Setting up repeating Behaviour(BehaviourUpdate) every 0.10 Secs
[LOG 12:07:11.348] button visibilities have changed, forcing auto-size
[LOG 12:07:11.352] saving toolbar settings (SPACECENTER)
[ERR 12:07:11.363] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[LOG 12:07:11.365] 12/21/2013 12:07:11 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
[ERR 12:07:13.035] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.134] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.243] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.345] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.455] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.555] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm
[ERR 12:07:13.664] error loading button texture: TriggerTech/ToolbarIcons/KACIcon-Norm

I figured out what it was. I had installed it in GameData the wrong way:

SzHgvqq.png

versus

BZU7qLg.png

The first way worked for KAC 2.6.4 and before, but now it can't find the texture if you do it like that! :)

I figured out what it was. I had installed it in GameData the wrong way:

http://i.imgur.com/SzHgvqq.png

versus

http://i.imgur.com/BZU7qLg.png

The first way worked for KAC 2.6.4 and before, but now it can't find the texture if you do it like that! :)

Ah, cool. Yeah the textures are now used from the Games loading method where its relative to the GameData folder where before it was all related to the dll. Good find, and thanks for letting me know

On my toolbar, this doesn't have an icon for some reason, jut a blank slot.

It looks like this has been resolved to an installation issue. I just wanted to throw this related point in: Buttons whose texture could not be loaded will not resulted in a blank slot anymore starting with Toolbar Plugin 1.2.1. They will now just not show up.

I was wondering, could this plugin be used in some way to give an accurate time measurement between crossing 2 points (or the same point twice)?

The thing is, Kyrian GP takes its time measurements from the mission timer. This relies on posting screenshots and simply computing the difference. Now, it would be easier if there was some kind of a stopwatch plugin to start timing when the competitors set off from the start line and stop timing when they cross it.

Just a thought, I hope you guys could help me out here ^^

I just installed this and I can't find the buttons to add an alarm. I haven't been able to find any information on this, but here is a screenshot I took o show you what I mean.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/468671123770910260/D7D30C2474A9D2E4539433664A03DBCBBE6861A5/

Hi jrhii, You can only add alarms in Flight Mode currently - In flight mode you will get the extra buttons that let you add alarms. If thats not working, ping me back and I'll work with you on it

After updating to the latest version the alarm clock icon is no longer appearing... I tried installing the mod several different ways and doesn't want to work at all.... any ideas?

Sounds like the folder structure isnt right, so two things, back a few posts their is a pic of a working structure - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24786-0-23-Kerbal-Alarm-Clock-v2-7-0-0-%28December-20%29?p=858476&viewfull=1#post858476

And second would be to look in the log for any messages re: KerbalAlarmClock - its output_log.txt on Windows or Player.log on other OSes. The alarm clock has entries throughout its life so it should be posting something in there.

Yell out with what you find

Figured out what it was... I had it installed properly but changed the "Trigger Tech" Folder to "Trigger Tech - Alarm Clock" to help me keep track of my mods, after removing the additional text it works now.... Thanks for the fast help though!

I used to (last version even) have the mod installed in \ksp\gamedata\kerbalalarmclock\gamedata\triggertech\...etc and it worked fine for multiple versions. It had 2 advantages:

1) It was the structure in the zip file.

2) Looking in the gamedata folder, I could instantly see that KAC was installed and didn't have look into a dozen random folders because (no offense) I'm never going to remember who made what mod.

I don't mind that now I have to install it in the \ksp\gamedata\triggertech\ folder (many other mods have this restriction) so I'm not reporting this as a bug or anything. However I suspect that others may have this problem.

Well that's a little challenging. I had thought that a Triggertech folder with all my mods in it makes sense as that's sort of the way the squad folder works and I can share resources (textures/sounds) between mods without adding to the memory footprint too much, but the difficulty of seeing a single folder per mod is a definite concern (and that is just the way my brain worked :) ). And I seem to be one of the few people still using that old folder structure.

Might be time for a rethink in folders and ZIP structure. Maybe

TriggerTech (for shared Stuff)

TriggerTech-KAC (for the clock)

TriggerTech-KSPARP (for the resource panel), etc

I'm actually thinking of a major rework for the KAC v3 as it has some duplicate code and some other restrictions that no longer need to be applied now that System.IO is allowed. Oh and I'm, stumped on a couple of requests due to save format. Sounds like a small project over Christmas/Jan :wink: