[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

KAC 3.0.0.4, KSP 0.24.2

While the new mouseover window lock thing is very nice, it does mean that whenever the cursor is over the alarm window, alarm times/countdowns don't get updated, they just freeze at the current time until the cursor is moved off. Would be great if they didn't, but it's not a major issue, I could always just move my cursor... :P

2.7.8.2 issue, haven't downloaded the v3 beta but it could still be present there. I accidentally clicked on the Earth Time display and it refused to stay closed when I dismissed it, popping back up every scene change. I had to go into the config file to re-disable it.

Haven't been able to replicate this one unfortunately

Woohoo!

I haven't seen this feature mentioned, so I'll ask - will "automatic transfer alarms" will ever be an option? I always keep the all the Kerbin->Moho/Duna/Jool/etc transfer windows listed in KAC, and for places I have manned ships, I keep track of the return window (for example Duna -> Kerbin). It's mildly annoying to constantly re-add them after they expire.

I could see this being done one of two ways - one option is to have an "automatic transfer windows" option much like the "automatic SoI" option. Automatically populate alarms for transfer windows from one body to another. You'd have to select the source and destination windows planets. The GUI would probably be a mess.

Another option would be to have a check box for "renewable" alarms. When you reach a transfer window/Ap/Pe/closest point alarm, auto-recalculate for the next transfer window/Ap/Pe/closest point and create another alarm automatically, with the same options (message vs stop warp, attached to vessel, etc).

I don't know how hard either option would be, or if someone else could implement this via the API.

Yep this is on the list - am trying to tidy up a bunch of stuff at this point and get a prod ready v3 out for 0.25 - then thats on the list of things to do

KAC 3.0.0.4, KSP 0.24.2

While the new mouseover window lock thing is very nice, it does mean that whenever the cursor is over the alarm window, alarm times/countdowns don't get updated, they just freeze at the current time until the cursor is moved off. Would be great if they didn't, but it's not a major issue, I could always just move my cursor... :P

Certainly not the expected behaviour. Does this happen in any scene in particular/or all of them? I'll go through the locks code and see if I can find which one might do that

I noticed it in flight, don't know about the other scenes. I'll try and test more today.

So I did find that this is the behaviour in the KSC scene - and unfortunately theres currently no lock model that will stop click through and run the clock in there. I'm not able to get it to pause the time in the flight scene though - let me know how your testing goes too. Thanks

This mod breaks .25 please update it.

[EXC 01:17:32.769] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

UIPartActionController.UpdateResourceWindows ()

UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight ()

UIPartActionController.Update ()

[LOG 01:17:32.771] 10/8/2014 1:17:32 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

Wow, terse much? Duh it's going to be updated. Just give Trigger a bit of time, surely he's either hard at work or has a good reason not to be.

In the meantime, I tested the beta version and that seems to work fine with .25

Slight problem using v3 and .25. When KAC window is activated in the stock toolbar, science windows (temp scan, goo cannister, etc) produce flickering tooltips when you hover over their button.

Flickering not observed when KAC window is deactivated.

Currently only using the following other mods:

Editor Extensions (sarbian's fix)

Precise Node

RT2

Select Root

Science Containers

Module Manager

Will attempt to replicate with fewer mods.

Certainly not the expected behaviour. Does this happen in any scene in particular/or all of them? I'll go through the locks code and see if I can find which one might do that

Unfortunately all of the KSC locks freeze time. I believe it's being worked on (look at one of the recent dev notes) and I reported it when 0.24 first came out (since it plagues KCT). I really liked in 0.23.5 (and prior) when the "click-through" bug didn't exist. It's not even a click through, it's a "cursor was over a building prior to entering a GUI window, all clicks will go to the main KSP window, even if they're not actually over anything" bug.

If you find a way around it, I would love to know.

[EXC 01:17:32.769] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

UIPartActionController.UpdateResourceWindows ()

UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight ()

UIPartActionController.Update ()

[LOG 01:17:32.771] 10/8/2014 1:17:32 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

Its to be expected that mods have issues with game updates. Especially one that is in development. And Trigger said he is working on the update so it's coming. And well....

Well it actually didn't break my current save with the 0.25 update, so maybe something else? I've been using the regular release version fine. And I haven't seen this error at all.

But it I am getting a bit of red text in the in game debug window always after something about alarm clock. For instance this time after leaving the VAB it says

log ..... Kerbal alarm clock, adding draw GUI to post render queue.

Then in red it says this,

exception) argument exception: getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing repaint.

aborting.

The above appears to happen whenever I leave the VAB or SPH back to the main space center scene. It also happens when entering and leaving the tracking center as well.

No complaints or anything. Just something I noticed is all.

like I said though KAC is doing ok for me. Alarms are there and work and stuff. Not sure if the above has anything to do with this mod or if it helps with anything at all for Trigger.

But either way. Will be waiting for the update in the meantime. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Hevak

v2.7.9.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

Recompiled version of v2 done and available

• Recompiled for 0.25
  • Image size optimisation thanks to dak180
  • removal of last spaceport remains

v3 will be a smidge - working on TWP next and v3 has some changes that arent yet commited

v2.7.9.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

Recompiled version of v2 done and available

• Recompiled for 0.25
  • Image size optimisation thanks to dak180
  • removal of last spaceport remains

v3 will be a smidge - working on TWP next and v3 has some changes that arent yet commited

Thank you so much!

[...]I am literally adrift in space without this mod lol.

ya, i just felt it necessary to reiterate this. i have come to rely on KSP Alarm Clock for pretty much every flight. the close approach alarm is pretty much the only way i know to plan intercepts, and the once or twice that the node alarm has failed have been the only times where i blew past nodes since i started using KAC back in .22. On a related note, Alternate Resource Panel is the only mod i use more then alarm clock.

Thanks for all your hard work.

One improvement idea: Could automatic alarms be added when a contract is due to expire?

I know I can add an alarm manually, but having a one-click item would make it easier to know when it is time to check back at the building for new contracts offered :D

One improvement idea: Could automatic alarms be added when a contract is due to expire?

I know I can add an alarm manually, but having a one-click item would make it easier to know when it is time to check back at the building for new contracts offered :D

A few ways to do this:

• An Alarm for each contract - could be a lot of alarms to filter through
  • One alarm that fires/resets for the next expiry time
  • some other funky stuff involving doing stuff in the MC building and adding buttons... but thats beyond my time right now

I think the middle one makes the most sense to me - single alarm for when its time to check back - but whats your (and others) thoughts