Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Submarine parts are looking awesome with missles, but I'm a flyer myself. So where is that Naval Aircraft Parts pack? k_cool.gif

Also when was/is the cut off point for voting? I might have missed it, but I'm just curious.

How do I build/edit huge things like a carryer? Editor Extensions isn't making the SPH larger any more.

Horstj,

Until we are able to find a work around for the Editor Extensions you are currently unable to build your own carriers and just have to make due with the premade ones we have given you in the craft files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been a while. I have to start by saying that it's been a roller coaster ride for the mod over the past month or so. I've gained focus, lost focus then regained focus.... oh and I switched focus here and there in-between. :)

So what's going on? What's coming out? How far along am I?

I took a few days and emptied my mind of all my usual projects to make the Kerbin Baja addon that uses Kerb Town. I didn't really get much feedback from it, though I find it very fun I do realize it's a fairly niche bit of content, perhaps more so than boats in a space game.

But as always you continually learn and pick new things up as you go so I do feel it was worth it!

I've been building on the sub pack I started ages ago, I think you'll see my old videos of the prototype sub I had operating about 6 months ago. I didn't have the skill to code what was needed to make it function properly so it was shelved. As time went by some KSP updates forced a few of us to rethink how some things behaved and with input from a few great people we managed to solve the water physics and put to ground issues. It actually hit my mod just before I was going to release R3, it set be back another 3 weeks, which took it's toll and was hard to swallow at times. Without some tidbits of hope from some other modders it might have been the nail in the coffin for this mod.

Anyways things come and things go... and R3 was released. Now I'm getting ready to release R4, which could be the last release ever. At least for a while. I still have plans but I'll be shifting to my other projects and finishing those. My goal will be to get everything off the table then see what I want to do afterwards.

Keep your eyes open for the R4 update, it's coming soon.

Any chance we could get a physics fix for the aircraft carriers. I'm quite obsessed with this mod, but this is the third time I've given up and uninstalled due to the carriers just randomly falling apart when they get loaded by the physics (either spawning close or flying far away and coming back). Specifically, the quarter hull sections like to twist themselves apart from each other regardless of the "torque strength" settings. This happens regardless of the physics timing settings, about 75% of the time. It also happens always with Romfarer.dll also installed (regardless of its settings). I want to love your mod, it lets me get away from the small airport radius, but this issue is a killer. Please think about this before you shelf it, that is all.

Thank you my good sir. Loads of (figurely speaking) Koins for you!

Its been a honor sailing the seas (and perhaps soon below) with your ships.

Truely it enhanced the game alot for me. From the preperation and building to a launch, to the evenly important recovery. And since I cant aim for land, I could still recover my beloved Kerbfellas because of you.

Whatever you decide to do in the future, your ships will always remain afloat, inside my saves!

I salute you!

Any chance we could get a physics fix for the aircraft carriers. I'm quite obsessed with this mod, but this is the third time I've given up and uninstalled due to the carriers just randomly falling apart when they get loaded by the physics. I want to love your mod, it lets me get away from the small airport radius, but this issue is a killer. Please think about this before you shelf it, that is all.

Just tested this for quite a bit, with the latest lazor files and my working files. I don't see any issue at all even with repetitive incursions/excursions into the load-zone :) My files that are available from spaceport may have an issue, but that should then be fixed when I release the next version. Thanks for the info, the only time I've witnessed something that wonky happening to the carrier was with KAS.

Okreeks - Thanks! by no means do my future plans include abandonment, so I'll keep the ball rolling but new features following R4 will be off the table until I decide what direction I want to go.

Just tested this for quite a bit, with the latest lazor files and my working files. I don't see any issue at all even with repetitive incursions/excursions into the load-zone :) My files that are available from spaceport may have an issue, but that should then be fixed when I release the next version. Thanks for the info, the only time I've witnessed something that wonky happening to the carrier was with KAS.

I never thought that KAS could possibly have been the connection, but I'll test it immediately. Maybe I can figure out how to duplicate the function with Lazors. I'll update and let you know.

----

Took out KAS and tested. Just as bad as ever unfortunately. The first physics load will twist the bottom of the hull. The second pass on the carrier with a physics load will see it torn apart and capsized. I'll wait for your next release, maybe that will help.

2013_09_24_00001.jpg

Edited by PolecatEZ

Specifically, the quarter hull sections like to twist themselves apart from each other regardless of the "torque strength" settings. This happens regardless of the physics timing settings, about 75% of the time.

Think I found the problem, Polecat try opening the cfg and changing the QuarterHull section part mass to 10, then increase the quarter hull section resource 'structure' amount and max amount to 15.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Think I found the problem, Polecat try opening the cfg and changing the QuarterHull section part mass to 10, then increase the quarter hull section resource 'structure' amount and max amount to 15.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Looks like voodoo, smells like voodoo...works like a Catholic miracle so far. I did add mods one-by-one to isolate the issue, and Romfarer was the only one that killed my boats consistently, all others were just random. With that fix though, I ran 6 passes with Romfarer at 2500m and the ship held together just fine. Thank you thank you.

Looks like voodoo, smells like voodoo...works like a Catholic miracle so far. I did add mods one-by-one to isolate the issue, and Romfarer was the only one that killed my boats consistently, all others were just random. With that fix though, I ran 6 passes with Romfarer at 2500m and the ship held together just fine. Thank you thank you.

Not voodoo! My mistake. Unity doesn't like rigidbodies with a mass over 10. I knew this. Thus very heavy resources were born. I was supposed to make the Structure amount 15 and the mass of the hull section 10. Perhaps it was a late night session but I set them up in reverse!

Thanks for finding this, I didn't believe it until after a few further tests I noticed that the hull sections were twisted nearly 45 degrees out.

hopefully now you can get some enjoyment out of it! :)

While trying to hunt this down I cleaned up some of the code, and made some progress on the sub stuff.

Hey I haven't really been following the forums...so someone might have already answered my question so sorry for the repetition if there is any. Every time I try to get the King Narwhal into the water it either just drops and breaks instantly or it jumps like it's going to move into the water and then just explodes. I've been having a similar problem with the other ships as well. Is there a fix for that? I'm running .21 as well.