[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

This pack uses no plugins, so there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe you removed the wrong parts, and kerbals in vessels with those parts are erased along with the ship. Got no idea about the UI trouble, though. Maybe some part was dependant on a texture that you removed?

Well, I'm quite a noob at all this mod folder-diving, so I don't know removing what files and folders removes what parts. :(

Nvm, got it working. Must have accidentally axed the IVAs, as Dragon01 mentioned above. Thnx for the helps! :D (and the non-helps:sticktongue:)

Edited by manskal
Clarification

Reinstall and never touch again the holy work of FASA.

Nice,

If you have never done anything in KSP it can be a little confusing how things work considering how much it has changed over the last couple of versions.

All mods reside in their own folder under "GameData" in the main KSP directory.

Steam install is here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

The "Squad" folder is the stock parts that come with KSP, any other folder you add is a mod. To remove the mod just delete the folder.

If there are any parts you wish to delete from FASA open up the mod folder and delete any parts you dont like, or want. I do this a lot with mods I download. It keeps loading times low and filters out the parts I never use.

Note, FASA doesn't really lend itself to such purging, since deleting a folder doesn't equal deleting a single part. Many parts share textures, meaning a folder can contain a large amount of different models. It's possible to delete configs, though, that should have the same effect (unless you also want additional disk space. Then it gets complex).

Actually I set it up so if you deleted an entire folder you would not break anything. All dependencies are in each folder.

If you want to delete a single part from a folder that uses multiple configs and shared textures. Just delete the cfg of the part you do not want, and the others will still work.

So I got everything working, but I cant get the Vanier engines to roll the craft, they only do adjustments for pitch and yaw becuase they are liquid fueled engines...

The new booster engines have a .625m mount so you can do crazy stuff with them. Also I made sure there was enough room under the fairings for any 1.25m engine so you could expariment, or use it with different mods. The down side to this crazy thing is that its a first stage mount only.

Still working on the textures. Don't judge me on them just yet.

WNDysfj.jpg

vBhJySO.jpg

C0HX0gF.jpg

tl8zfCh.jpg

Kwanq3R.jpg

I've been putting a reactionwheel module in the enginebase and then altering the alternator's output to provide power to it for "free" to offset the lack of roll control in the gimbal module - it has the added benefit of offsetting some of the wobble that gimbals cause longer rockets.

Gotta say that the part hidden by the 1st stage is looking mighty nice.

Brilliant. As fro the verniers, I just remembered that gimbals can't be used for roll control in stock KSP. There's a plugin, Exsurgent Engineering, that fixes this, though. Also, would it be possible to change the vernier exhaust to the "small blue flame" instead of white? I think it'd look better that way.

Tank and the stage mount look great. One question, though. Is the forward adapter fixed to the tank, or could it be detached and replaced? I'd like to be able to use those parts for other Atlas rockets (Atlas-Centaur combinations and Atlas II), too.

I've been putting a reactionwheel module in the enginebase and then altering the alternator's output to provide power to it for "free" to offset the lack of roll control in the gimbal module - it has the added benefit of offsetting some of the wobble that gimbals cause longer rockets.

Gotta say that the part hidden by the 1st stage is looking mighty nice.

You can use any resource for the reaction wheels, including fuel. I switched my capsules to use mono instead of electricity.

I put there pitch and yaw at really low levels and made them use liquid fuel and oxidizer as the resource. Works great!

MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = .001
YawTorque = .001
RollTorque = .25
RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
rate = 0.09
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
rate = 0.11
}
}

Does anyone have a list of the effects the rockets can use?

Edited by frizzank

I've also had the "fuel-consuming reaction wheels" idea for Soyuz descent module (which doesn't have RCS modeled), for the Realism Overhaul mod. Still, I think it's no substitute for actual, modeled RCS.

As for exhaust effects:

fx_exhaustFlame_blue - big blue flame, resembles a hydrolox exhaust.

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow - big yellow flame, resembles a kerolox exhaust.

fx_exhaustSparks_yellow - exhaust sparks, combined with the above they give a soild-style flame.

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny - tiny blue-orange flame, resembles a hypergolic exhaust, but is unsuitable for large engines.

fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny - tiny white flame, resembles a monopropellant exhaust. Also unsuitable for large engines.

I think that's all for "exhaust" particles (it excludes lights, smoke and flameout stuff). There isn't a lot of this.

this is from the old modding info thread:

fx_exhaustFlame_blue

fx_exhaustFlame_blue_small

fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_small

fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny

fx_exhaustLight_blue

fx_exhaustLight_yellow

fx_exhaustSparks_flameout

fx_exhaustSparks_yellow

fx_exhaustFlame_white_tiny

fx_gasBurst_white

fx_gasJet_tiny

fx_gasJet_white

fx_smokeTrail_light

fx_smokeTrail_medium

fx_splashdown

fx_waterSurface

The Atlas had little verniers engines to control it. Im going to make 2 tiny engines with a large gimble range and see if that works. If not I will just give the engines some gimble. You can test this out for now by using the Nova Punch ones.

As for the missing engines. Did you delete the old FASA before installing?

Oops...Thanks:blush:

Remaking? He'd have to make a Centaur from scratch. What we do have is a perfectly functional (and pretty) Titan Transtage. No remake needed for that one.

Though, that doesn't change the fact a Centaur would be nice. Would go great with both Atlas and Titan. Ideally, it'd have detachable engines, so it can be configured with newer engines with extending nozzles, or a single engine configuration. Also, the Centaur came in four basic size/shape variants (C for early Atlas-Centaur, D for Titan and Atlas, T for Titan 4 and Centaur II for Atlas II). That would be another big, pretty big addition to FASA. I'd say, let's finish Mercury first.

For now I'm just going to use the Sepratron effect, seams to look the best.

Also made it so the booster section "can" work on different engines and fuel tanks. Though it looks best in the atlas setup.

Still working on the textures....

T4J2Dkb.jpg

FRJuoII.jpg

pKI2ZXi.jpg

Any idea when you'll be releasing this skirt?

Any idea when you'll be releasing this skirt?

You've been on this forum almost 4 months now. You should know better than to ask about release. It's always either soon or not soon. In this case, the obvious answer would be soon minus any complications with KSP or Real Life.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.