[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, and Im too lazy to look back, but after using this for a while, it wont load up for me and loading always freezes on the mercury and gemini pods.

Guys, this is super cereal. It's really starting to bum me out that I cant use it. I've deleted it and re-added it. I don't have any crash file for it because it doesnt crash, it just... stops. Frozen in time until I close it. I even waited 30 minutes, it was still just frozen. It didn't even give me a not responding or anything, it just sat there taunting me.

Edited by Rokker

Guys, this is super cereal. It's really starting to bum me out that I cant use it. I've deleted it and re-added it. I dont have any crash file for it because it doesnt crash, it just... stops. Frozen in time until I close it. I even waited 30 minutes, it was still just frozen. Didnt even give me a not responding or anything.

I need more info on your problem. Do you have other mods besides FASA? Is your game modified in any way .cfg edits? Did you remove any parts from FASA? Did you delete the old version of FASA before updating?

In any of those cases do this first....

1. Reinstall KSP. Does the game run? If so continue to step 2

2. On the fresh install, Install FASA "AS YOUR ONLY MOD!!!". Now does the game run? If yes then step 3.

3. Install other mods.

I need more info on your problem. Do you have other mods besides FASA? Is your game modified in any way .cfg edits? Did you remove any parts from FASA? Did you delete the old version of FASA before updating?

In any of those cases do this first....

1. Reinstall KSP. Does the game run? If so continue to step 2

2. On the fresh install, Install FASA "AS YOUR ONLY MOD!!!". Now does the game run? If yes then step 3.

3. Install other mods.

Have a lot of other mods though they didn't see to be incompatible before the issue started. Did delete old versions before updating. Have the FASA Remotetech .cfg someone posted a few pages back, but it seemed to work just fine with that. The issue started (this is a correlation, not necessarily a causation) when I tried to write a .cfg making the two pods DRE compatible. It however persisted after i had deleted the .cfg and deleted and re-added FASA. Will let you know how the fresh install goes when my horrible Internet has finished downloading it.

Been scratching my head on that one Rokker. It's safe to say that's not a memory overload. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but does the game load without FASA?

Its not a stupid question at all. It does load without FASA.

If you have been editing cfg's you may have a syntax error somewhere in there. Does the log not say anything at the end?

If the game freezes on load and sits there spinning on a part, it probably got held up on a cfg. the misleading part is its not actually held up on the part on the loading screen but the one its trying to load after it. The log file should end on that part cant load. Most of the time I found out its some syntax error in the .cfg. Like a random letter where there should not be or a period instead of a comma. Most of the time I scrap the .cfg and start with a clean one. Or the last usable backup.

Always have backups when messing with cfg's or you will encounter exactly what your seeing now.

Also no need to re-download as long as you still have the zip file you should still have a clean version of FASA.

it is Apollo Lunar module or... ?

Judging from my knowledge of space history, and numerous visits to the Neil Armstrong Museum, I would say that is the Apollo Lander cockpit.

Edited by Rokker

I want Skylab some day as well, but he hasn't even finished the Saturn 1B yet much less the Saturn V needed to launch Skylab. Let him finish the rocket's first then hopefully we will see Skylab after that.

I know, I'm just asking if he plans to do a Skylab after Saturn is done, or if he's not going to, or if he'll give it some thought. I would personally love to see Skylab made.

It would be fantastic if it wasn't for Frizzank habit of fudging proportions to suit standard KSP sizes. That's the biggest problem with FASA, and there's no way to fix it without model edits. Knowing Frizzank, he'll make the Apollo 2.5m, S-IVB 3.75m and S-IC 5m. Which would look utterly wrong, with Apollo being oversized and the rest of the rocket undersized compared to S-IVB.

It would be fantastic if it wasn't for Frizzank habit of fudging proportions to suit standard KSP sizes. That's the biggest problem with FASA, and there's no way to fix it without model edits. Knowing Frizzank, he'll make the Apollo 2.5m, S-IVB 3.75m and S-IC 5m. Which would look utterly wrong, with Apollo being oversized and the rest of the rocket undersized compared to S-IVB.

*hits with rolled up newspaper* Bad boy, go outside!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.