[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

This is easily my favourite mod.

I've attempted to make a MIR module style station using the MOL and stock parts.

That's very nice.. MOL is, what.. Manned Orbital Laboratory? Is that part of FASA? I've never seen that. And what are the gray tanks connecting to the inner hub? StretchyTanks? Never seen that texture.

So, I'm having some issues with the launch clamps, particularly the one with the crew transfer platform. Whenever I add it to my craft, and launch, I don't have any staging controls, no control over the vehicle whatsoever, and I can't use the "revert flight" button. The problem doesn't seem to occur when using your prebuilt craft, however I would like to use these outside of the mod, so it presents a problem. I am using the latest version as well, if you were wondering whether an upgrade would fix my problem or not.

Did you keep the spaces folder from FASA? It contains the IVA for the launch tower.

Originally I was going to have a white room they would IVA in, but I am just going to remove the temporary IVA on the next update. A some people are having issues with it.

Does it really matter what the doors look like as you eject, or afterwards? I don't know if you've ever observed an actual ejection in real-time, but it's fast. You're not going to even notice that the doors are still on the model as you rocket away from it.

Almost all black out during eject, and some don't even wake up till they land. Which is why modern ejection seats are incredibly smart and complex. I was once given an in-depth walk around/lecture about the Martin-Baker Mk.16 (used in EF Typhoon). The amount of stuff the seat is capable of doing autonomously is incredible.

That's very nice.. MOL is, what.. Manned Orbital Laboratory? Is that part of FASA? I've never seen that. And what are the gray tanks connecting to the inner hub? StretchyTanks? Never seen that texture.

Yeah. that's Manned Orbital Laboratory, the grey tanks are actually instrument bays, also apart of MOL, both are in the FASA pack.

Do you know your Gemini lander legs are throwing back Exceptions in the debug when extended? mostly due to;

[Error]: ModuleLandingLeg.cs :Failed to find suspension Transform.

When fully extended just throws this exception;

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Do you know your Gemini lander legs are throwing back Exceptions in the debug when extended? mostly due to;

[Error]: ModuleLandingLeg.cs :Failed to find suspension Transform.

When fully extended just throws this exception;

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Yes they are really broken, they need to be re-animated basically. I just have not gotten around to fixing them since I started the Apollo stuff.

What is that orange thing? And is that Lovad's service module? Doesn't it have rcs?

The orange thing is the Mir Docking Module, and I made the SM out of FASA decoupler, stock battery, RCS tank and RCS, FASA small Titan tank and FASA engine

I've got a stupid little part request ... would it be possible some day to get a Gemini RCS Thruster part that's intended to be oriented as fore-and-aft thrusters? I know I can rotate the existing model sideways, but the asymmetry bothers my OCD aesthetics. And other RCS parts I've seen aren't low-profile like these are, so they stick out (as it were) if they're not under fairings.

The last update I did I included low profile mercury rcs thrusters. They are small, light and low profile.

D'oh... Guess I better go back and see what I forgot to install, then. That's what I get for manually selectively updating.

Its picture day!!! Also valentines day....

I luv you KSP!!

This is just an update, textures are still a work in progress....

Please note the J2 engine is still the temporary model.

Also I split the bottom of the Tank the J2 is on onto its own adapter. That's why it is still white, and doesn't have a texture. I did this so the 3.75m tanks would still be useful. Also I am adding a fairing to the J2 adapter so clusters of engines can be attached to it and the J2 can still have its own 2.5m fairing without messing up the Saturn V and 1B rocket fairings.

Please note like the rest of my mod that this is the Kerbal version of the Saturn 1B and is intentionally NOT 100% historically accurate.

DLAZFOD.jpg

Its cramped but they fit!!!

KVPTOss.jpg

jJ1orV8.jpg

PW33zci.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Are the winglets separate? I like having this stuff actually work. Also, could you add the APS and ullage motors to S-IVB? Here's the APS schematic and some info about it: http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000878.html

In practice, I think that they should be RCS blocks with prograde engines, running on monoprop. This could be immensely useful for small satellite propulsion and attitude control package, too. As for solid ullage/separation motors, they are, of course, always cool to have. :) Also, I'm not sure how to do that with engine fairings, but S-IB had 4 retromotors on the forward interstage. It'd be nice if you found a way of allowing those to be used, too.

Are the winglets separate? I like having this stuff actually work. Also, could you add the APS and ullage motors to S-IVB? Here's the APS schematic and some info about it: http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000878.html

In practice, I think that they should be RCS blocks with prograde engines, running on monoprop. This could be immensely useful for small satellite propulsion and attitude control package, too. As for solid ullage/separation motors, they are, of course, always cool to have. :) Also, I'm not sure how to do that with engine fairings, but S-IB had 4 retromotors on the forward interstage. It'd be nice if you found a way of allowing those to be used, too.

Yes winglets will be separate, but the attachment bars will be connected to them.

Neat, they are like beefed up RCS motors with there own fuel systems. I would want them using liquid fuel and O2 since they would eat through your limited RCS fuel too quickly for my tastes.

Where were they on the rocket I cant find them in the pictures?

The fairings I currently have in the game already have small SRB separation engines so they can blow off sideways. They only last a fraction of a second but I am going to do something similar for the fairings and decouplers for a more Apollo feel during separation.

On a side note the S1B first stage engines and fuel tank make for an awesome first stage to get just about anything into orbit. I put an adapter on top and then the Gemini Titan rocket on top of that. This setup let Gemini go pretty much any where I wanted. Getting back was somewhat more difficult....

On a side note the S1B first stage engines and fuel tank make for an awesome first stage to get just about anything into orbit. I put an adapter on top and then the Gemini Titan rocket on top of that. This setup let Gemini go pretty much any where I wanted. Getting back was somewhat more difficult....

That looks nice... My Gemini Delivery Truck (shuttle) is gonna have a nice first stage. I guess I better finish tuning the GDT.

I know about fairing separation motors, but I was referring to engine fairings-based interstage on Saturn IB. Putting retromotors on this could cause them to remain attached to the J-2. Unless, of course, the interstage is it's own part.

Neat, they are like beefed up RCS motors with there own fuel systems. I would want them using liquid fuel and O2 since they would eat through your limited RCS fuel too quickly for my tastes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SaturnV_S-IVB.jpg

Here's a good pic. They can be seen in S-IVB orbital pics. I suppose they could use LFO, but IMO, monoprop makes more sense. It's not like the engines would need to be very strong.

I have been trying to find a way to cluster the H1 engine.... but sadly cant :( hoping that you give you eather give us the engine cluster or somting like you did with the atlas booster engiens

note: not sure if I am happy with winglents on the satern 5

Edited by tmikesecrist3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.