[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Please tell me that the first and second stage fueltanks and engines are going to be separate parts. That way, we can recreate versions of the Saturn V that had upgrades like the addition of external boosters and stretched fuel tanks. Oh, and NERVAs.

Amazing work, yet two things that bugged me:

1. In the IVA, there's an indicator of the Charge Strength, however there's a typo and it's spelled "Strenght".

2. (said in my comment) The black spots around the descent stage aren't prototypical. You might have accidentally mistaken shadows for actual dark spots, but the entire descent stage was covered in the gold foil.

Otherwise, you did an awesome job :D . That's the best lunar module I've ever seen made in KSP.

Danke.

1. i'll redo asap

2. hmm. seems like all LEMs used differend covering.

some of the photos i used.

MXmexU1.jpg

Cr0YZkl.jpg

Again, please remember, we cant do every version of every variant. So that is why I keep saying its NOT an exact copy of the originals but the Kerbel version of the vehicles. It gives us some artistic freedom while still looking like it belongs in the Kerbal universe along side the stock parts.

Im VERY exited for this pack this is amazing work. I just have one inquiry Denny. What made you choose that position for the IVA camera? ( can it even be moved? ) Its almost like it was setup for the camera angle to be close to the roof of the IVA and towards the window. This way its looking down and gives the appearance of the kerbals standing and leaning forward. Even the NAVBall position seems like it was meant for a more top-town view.

More pictures. Everyone loves pictures right! PICTURES!!!!!

Finished with the fuel tanks and fairings. Also changed KSA to KSP, just seemed right. Still bug fixing, I want to make sure everything is right, fits together and fly's well. So it is going to be a while before anything is available.

nw0GypO.jpg

9BHXMYK.jpg

Also I see I have finally gotten my 5 star rating... Yea!

Edited by frizzank

More pictures. Everyone loves pictures right! PICTURES!!!!!

Finished with the fuel tanks and fairings. Also changed KSA to KSP, just seemed right. Still bug fixing, I want to make sure everything is right, fits together and fly's well. So it is going to be a while before anything is available.

http://i.imgur.com/nw0GypO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9BHXMYK.jpg

Also I see I have finally gotten my 5 star rating... Yea!

Wait... The Saturn 1B can put the full CSM/LM in orbit??? With fuel left for the sustainer engine?!?!?!

Ha! The S-I, S-II and LEM just got dumped from my to-do list! Awesome!

Then again...if you're "only" doing the 11-14 configs anyway, I might just take care of the upgauged 15-17 configs (my favourites - depite lacking Pete Conrad)...

Wait... The Saturn 1B can put the full CSM/LM in orbit??? With fuel left for the sustainer engine?!?!?!

I bet the performance configuration isn't done yet...

1B lunched just the CSM or the LM. It didn't do both. I was just testing the fitting for the pieces for the Saturn V, they share the same upper components.

It does not make it into orbit with both of them on board, and this is as designed.

You just keep surpassing our expectations. Beautiful Saturn I-B. If I ever have a son, I'm naming him frizzank in your honor Sir. Of course I'd have to stop flying FASA long enough to do that dating/marriage thing...

n-e-v-e-r going to happen. :cool:

1B lunched just the CSM or the LM. It didn't do both. I was just testing the fitting for the pieces for the Saturn V, they share the same upper components.

It does not make it into orbit with both of them on board, and this is as designed.

Aah still awesome tho, did you see my Kerpollo-Soyuz Test Project proxy? I used mostly FASA parts for the SM

Wow, the S-IB looks beautiful. One question, will you release the parts as they are done (i.e. release the S-IB first, and then the S-V and stuff later), or will you release it all in one big package when it's done, whenever that is?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.