[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Yes I have, I think its awesome all the interest in the Apollo program that is happening lately. It has been neglected for far too long, and I am glad I can contribute. I think most people are going to be really pleased with what DennyTx and I have created.

Yes I have, I think its awesome all the interest in the Apollo program that is happening lately. It has been neglected for far too long, and I am glad I can contribute. I think most people are going to be really pleased with what DennyTx and I have created.

I sure will be. I already have a fresh install just for this! It looks Amazing.

Also I posted this in add-on requests...

FASA needs reflection maps and I am willing to pay to get them. I have been digging around and found that it is a relatively strait forward processes to create a shader that can render reflections on KSP parts. I know there is a reflection plugin out there and it is not exactly what I want.

What I want.

I would like a module that I can add to the cfg of any part and add real time or static reflections to that part.

The shader should read the Alpha channel of the Diffuse and use it as a reflection map. White in the alpha is 100% reflection and black is 0 reflection.

The shader should have a general config file to tweak the settings for lower end machines.

The settings should include an option for real-time reflections or use a stock static cube map created by me that is read from the plugin folder.

The real-time setting should have an option for the quality or resolution of the real time reflection.

The real-time setting should have an option for how often the reflection is updated. Something like 0 is off, 0.5 is every other frame and, 1 is every frame. This part is up to what you think is best.

We would share the rights to the plugin, meaning I can distribute or modify it as I like (It's going in FASA) but you are credited as the author, and you are free to share it how ever you like. You must provide the source.

Send me a PM if you would like to do this, how long it would take and how much you want to be paid for it.

(Im not offering more than $40 as it should be really easy for someone experienced in CG code and Unity.)

It seems that, on the forums, the Soviets appear to always win the space race. First Lunar Landing Program, first and most extensive range of capsules, first space shuttle and first station components. Only in the past 6 months has it seemed that the U.S. Space Program has really received attention. Thanks for your VERY large contribution to a very neglected side of the space community Frizzank!

S1B with LM first then Saturn V, possibly sometime this weekend.

Hot diggity! Just today I launched an Apollo CSM atop a Soyuz rocket, now I'll get to launch a Soyuz craft atop a Saturn 1B!

Reflections...

I always wanted to add this to FASA as it is something I feel kerbal is lacking as far as looks are concerned.

It looks a bit like it was dipped in Chrome but I am still tweaking it, and maybe I can get someone to add the features I requested to help with that.

ykN6WcO.jpg

2q9dJjO.jpg

The original craft were chrome weren't they, or at least a very shiny silver

I know that the real apollo was insanely reflective, but I don't know about the Atlas. Judging from the pics that I have seen, it was more matte.

Side not I hear a farmer in south Africa found a peace of shepherds Atlas booster in a field. they Returned it to the us and we gave it to them as a good will gift, and its still sits in a musiam in South Afraca,,,, I not sure how interesting it would be to look at a chard peace of metal

Small request: is there some way to make the launch tower's gangway to remain level no matter what it's attached to? if you attach it to the side of an angled pod like the stock 3 man capsule for example the gangway gets angled perpendicular to the surface it's attached to, making quite a ramp, you can fit it kinda by shift + wasd,qe but the steps of that rotation isn't enough to dial it perfectly level, and frankly, the walkway should be plum and level anyway.

Top fuel tank was bare aluminum, bottom part was more of a matte finish. How reflective it was was more a case of when was the last time they cleaned it, since just a small amount of dirt would have a large effect on how it looked.

mark-williamson-mercury-atlas-rocket.jpg

Small request: is there some way to make the launch tower's gangway to remain level no matter what it's attached to? if you attach it to the side of an angled pod like the stock 3 man capsule for example the gangway gets angled perpendicular to the surface it's attached to, making quite a ramp, you can fit it kinda by shift + wasd,qe but the steps of that rotation isn't enough to dial it perfectly level, and frankly, the walkway should be plum and level anyway.

Unfortunately no, I cant freeze the rotation in just one direction. It either rotates in every direction or not at all and that would make things worse.

It is not a real walkway, it is hack on top of the launch clamp system so there are a few things I have little control over. like fine rotation control and the explosive force.

Edited by frizzank

It seems that, on the forums, the Soviets appear to always win the space race. First Lunar Landing Program, first and most extensive range of capsules, first space shuttle and first station components. Only in the past 6 months has it seemed that the U.S. Space Program has really received attention. Thanks for your VERY large contribution to a very neglected side of the space community Frizzank!

As far as I know, the only Soyuz mod is made by Bobcat, who is Russian. Maybe the reason that the Soviets/Russians win the space race on the forums is because they're butt hurt over losing the real space race? I mean, the Saturn V was a slap in the face for the Soviets: it was bigger than their rocket, which challenged the whole 'Russia does everything bigger' thing, and it worked FLAWLESSLY, where as the N-1 blew up every time. Also, it is going to be reincarnated as the SLS, which is supposed to be bigger, faster, and stronger.

As far as I know, the only Soyuz mod is made by Bobcat, who is Russian. Maybe the reason that the Soviets/Russians win the space race on the forums is because they're butt hurt over losing the real space race? I mean, the Saturn V was a slap in the face for the Soviets: it was bigger than their rocket, which challenged the whole 'Russia does everything bigger' thing, and it worked FLAWLESSLY, where as the N-1 blew up every time. Also, it is going to be reincarnated as the SLS, which is supposed to be bigger, faster, and stronger.

The fact that Bobcat is Russian makes no difference, and also that fits the pattern as a French user, Yogui, made the ESA pack, anyway, I said on the forums, not in real life. Also, whether they lost is a matter of opinion, as discussed in another thread.

Well, the Soviets won the Space Race on this forum because of BobCat, who has a fondness for Soviet-era stuff, and he's great at modeling it. :) I haven't seen him around lately, though.

I haven't realized that there is any 'race' on the forums. Piwa is Russian and his only mod is a very good Saturn V for RSS (yet). So is Lovad who created Apollo parts alongside a Mecury Atlas and the Japanese H-II. And Bobcat also made the American pack with Constellation parts and sort of helped in the Component Space Shuttle mod. The reason for interest Soviet/Russian crafts is simply because they have a rich history and has always been relevant in space exploration.

Edited by Reddragon

I haven't realized that there is any 'race' on the forums. Piwa is Russian and his only mod is a very good Saturn V for RSS (yet). So is Lovad who created Apollo parts alongside a Mecury Atlas and the Japanese H-II. And Bobcat also made the American pack with Constellation parts and sort of helped in the Component Space Shuttle mod. The reason for interest Soviet/Russian crafts is simply because they have a rich history and has always been relevant in space exploration.

And please leave the cold war for youtube.

Reddragon you are absolutely right, I'm Russian, but I also really like Rocket from other countries, ultimately, it is for the good of humanity, it is necessary to think globally))))

@Piwa

(Note: the following is a simplified version of the later half of the space race)

U.S.: Hey, lets go to the moon! (starts Gemini to prepare for Apollo)

U.S.S.R.; The Americans want to go to the moon! lets build a moon rocket to get their first! (builds N1, fails, destroys launch pad.)

U.S.: (lands Apollo 11) we got to the moon first!

U.S.S.R. : we wont go that easily (tests N1 four more times. result: failure) forget this piece of garbage!

Once the Russians "took the bait", that is, started building their own moon rocket, the goal of the space race became the moon. You can't say that the U.S. set the goal after the race if both they and the Soviets worked toward the same goal during the race. The U.S. won by completing the ultimate goal of that race: the moon. The Soviets lost by not completing the goal and giving up. Saying that the Space Race was actually two separate races is just so that you can make it look like Russia won the Space race but lost the moon race. Since history considers it all as one race, the argument that the U.S. only won the moon race is a failed attempt at saving face.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.