[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

The Mercury Cap decoupler does not decouple anymore. I just noticed this issue i haven't used the mercury capsule in a while but I know for sure the last time I used it the cap came off.

There are a few functions I have not been able to get working, I hope someone has run into this before so they can give me some advice.

One: The antenna on the Explorer probe;

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = Explorer_Ant_Anim

isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Extend Antenna

endEventGUIName = Retract Antenna

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

I haven't found a way to activate these. I play in Sandbox, if that matters. When I right click the probe I have Control From Here, Rename Vessel, Toggle Torque, and Activate Geiger Counter options.

Two:

The parachute escape system for the Gemini capsule.

Three:

The antenna for the Agena

Which mod do these rely on?

Or, what mod might hinder these?

The Mercury Cap decoupler does not decouple anymore. I just noticed this issue i haven't used the mercury capsule in a while but I know for sure the last time I used it the cap came off.

There are a few functions I have not been able to get working, I hope someone has run into this before so they can give me some advice.

Fixed in the latest download on Kerbal Stuff.

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

One: The antenna on the Explorer probe;

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = Explorer_Ant_Anim

isOneShot = false

startEventGUIName = Extend Antenna

endEventGUIName = Retract Antenna

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

I haven't found a way to activate these. I play in Sandbox, if that matters. When I right click the probe I have Control From Here, Rename Vessel, Toggle Torque, and Activate Geiger Counter options.

Two:

The parachute escape system for the Gemini capsule.

Three:

The antenna for the Agena

Which mod do these rely on?

Or, what mod might hinder these?

Are you using RT2 ?

Just reporting a bug with the MOL Science lab, and a fix to go with it. In the `Gemini_MOL_Sci.cfg` there's a `ModuleScienceLab` module. It contains a line `containerModuleIndex = 0`, which KSP uses to figure out where to find a science container. However the zeroth module in the lab isn't a science container, it's a LifeSupportModule. The result is a null-pointer-exception whenever someone right-clicks on the science lab, which requires a scene change to fix.

Luckily, the bugfix is easy; simple move the ModuleScienceContainer to be the first module on the part, and then everything works as intended! (I noticed there were two ModuleScienceContainers in the part file, and so I removed the second one in my install. I haven't tested what happens if *both* are left in, nor am I sure that having two was intended.)

Many thanks again for a totally kickass mod!

~ pjf

Good to know.

I have considered using that, and I might actually now that I have worked out placing geostationary satellites in RSS.

I wouldn't expect RT2 to power the animation of these antennae, but I will try that.

Any idea about the ejection seats for gemini? I have seen the code, they seem to be intended to actually function as historically designed, I just haven't found the mod that powers them.

Good to know.

I have considered using that, and I might actually now that I have worked out placing geostationary satellites in RSS.

I wouldn't expect RT2 to power the animation of these antennae, but I will try that.

Any idea about the ejection seats for gemini? I have seen the code, they seem to be intended to actually function as historically designed, I just haven't found the mod that powers them.

Here is a link to VanguardTechnologies http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-23-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-Sry-4-not-fixing-earlier-%28Dec-30%29

Just reporting a bug with the MOL Science lab, and a fix to go with it. In the `Gemini_MOL_Sci.cfg` there's a `ModuleScienceLab` module. It contains a line `containerModuleIndex = 0`, which KSP uses to figure out where to find a science container. However the zeroth module in the lab isn't a science container, it's a LifeSupportModule. The result is a null-pointer-exception whenever someone right-clicks on the science lab, which requires a scene change to fix.

Luckily, the bugfix is easy; simple move the ModuleScienceContainer to be the first module on the part, and then everything works as intended! (I noticed there were two ModuleScienceContainers in the part file, and so I removed the second one in my install. I haven't tested what happens if *both* are left in, nor am I sure that having two was intended.)

Many thanks again for a totally kickass mod!

~ pjf

Having multiple science containers lets you store more science from eva and such...

frizzank: the problem is not having multiple containers, but the containerModuleIndex parameter being incorrect. If you want multiple containers, then have the indices as appropriate for them both (i.e. make them the first and second MODULEs in the part, and have the containerModuleIndex of the first = 0 and of the second = 1 )

I am currently tweaking prices for the .24 update and FASA. I am also incorporating the new features like liquid fueled RCS. FASA currently works fine with the latest update but the prices are a bit out of sync with stock since they changed all of theirs.

I am currently tweaking prices for the .24 update and FASA. I am also incorporating the new features like liquid fueled RCS. FASA currently works fine with the latest update but the prices are a bit out of sync with stock since they changed all of theirs.

Yep works fine

Huh' date=' wierd. i couldn't get it to work. does it need EVERYTHING in the download to work? it causes a crash on load up of my save.[/quote']

I think I was talking to you in the KSPTV twitch channel - if you can post the output_log.txt from your KSP_Data folder (x64 if you're running that) after the crash, it should show the error causing it.

.24 beta with fixes for prices and such

http://www./download/gd4maedkjh28hdf/FASA4.96.zip

Tweaked prices for .24

Added resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW to all RCS

Removed hacks for Vernier engines to incorporate new .24 features.

Lowered gyro rate on explorer

Added a bit more fuel to Explorer SRB to make it a bit easier to get to orbit.

Apollo APS is now all Liquid fuelled and carries no fuel of its own.

Fixed incorrect fuel amount in small Explorer fuel tank.

Fixed MOL science lab module

Downsized Some Apollo textures

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.