[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Yea the exploding part bug again. I am guessing it is due to too many resources again.

Also I just noticed that the parts are now organized by their title description rather than their unique name like they use to. This makes all the parts all over the place in the list. I may just add FASA to the title of everything just to help with organization...

Their not showing up at all

Remove all other mods

Remove everything except for the Misc folder in FASA (thats the launch clamps)

Load up the game,

In the space center view pres Alt-F12

Click on database

Press Alt-F2

On the database window click reload.

After its done see if the Launch clamps show up in red in the Alt-F2 window.

Can someone tell me how to make the attachment node bigger for the Gemini Centaur tank thanks.

In the part.cfg just replace the last thing at the end of the node definition with 1, 2, or 3. 3 is the biggest size, 0 the smallest.

--> for example stock fuel tank looks like this:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

TO make the node size bigger just replace the 1 at the end with a higher number (2 or 3)

Is there a reason why the docking probe on Apollo won't connect to the LEM docking cone? Did I do something wrong?

You know, I had this problem last night with about 200+ people watching me do an Apollo recreation. Sort of put a crimp on things. I had tested it the night before and docked to the LEM just fine. Last night, it would not attach no matter what I did. I have full video of all of this, and if that's helpful at all, I can get you a link and the time to jump to.

So yeah, same question, was I doing something wrong here? I tried repeatedly and nothing worked. It just would not dock. I would really love to be able to do this recreation again, but having this happen with hundreds of viewers watching was not good.

That said, this is such an amazing mod, really. Breathtaking. You folks are quite talented.

Is there no DeadlyReentry support for this? The changelog suggests that there was some support added back in... 0.24... but the stock capsule has no heatshield and there's no heatshield able to be added. And the Gemini pod is a silly nonstandard size so the DR heatshields don't work, well, not until you unlock all the adapters which are scattered all over the tech tree.

You know, I had this problem last night with about 200+ people watching me do an Apollo recreation. Sort of put a crimp on things. I had tested it the night before and docked to the LEM just fine. Last night, it would not attach no matter what I did. I have full video of all of this, and if that's helpful at all, I can get you a link and the time to jump to.

So yeah, same question, was I doing something wrong here? I tried repeatedly and nothing worked. It just would not dock. I would really love to be able to do this recreation again, but having this happen with hundreds of viewers watching was not good.

That said, this is such an amazing mod, really. Breathtaking. You folks are quite talented.

The attachment points are very close together on the docking port for the CM and the LEM. You must be careful not to attach it to the top node by mistake.

If you do, you will have this problem and you will not be able to dock.

I moved the nodes as far apart as I could without it looking like it was floating.

Is there no DeadlyReentry support for this? The changelog suggests that there was some support added back in... 0.24... but the stock capsule has no heatshield and there's no heatshield able to be added. And the Gemini pod is a silly nonstandard size so the DR heatshields don't work, well, not until you unlock all the adapters which are scattered all over the tech tree.

Gemini's heat shield was apart of the craft and was boiled away on re-entry. I think DR has a module for that that can be placed on the capsule.

Module manager should be used for this. I need to remove all exterior mod dependancies, it causes a lot of errors and bugs and is best handled by module manager.

Edited by frizzank

What do you mean non standard? Many mods out there use the 1.875m standard, and this is the correct way to depict a Gemini (within the scope of "Standard" sizes.)

You could easily download the Home Grown Rockets mod or other mods like it to get the 1.875m parts.

In fact here is my take on a Titan I with Gemini (Now I just need a Titan I warhead and bus!)

JJ4r9qO.jpg

Could you make the S-IV stage of the Saturn I?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-IV

You can almost do that with the current partset for the S-IVB. You use the RL-10s that are associated with the Centaur Upper stage with the standard J-2 Engine plate for S-IVB. You can only put 5 RL-10s instead of the origional design 6 but it work OK (as of 4.98, I have not tried it with the update 5.0 cfg files.)

I just want to thank you VERY much for this mod, and all the hard work you put into it. You see, I grew up with NASA (i was born the same year they were formed), and this is absolutely perfect for me.

Thank You So Much, Garry

The solution is always the same. It also always works..

Fresh install of KSP, yes re-download it your download may have been corrupted., install it somewhere new (KEEP YOUR OLD VERSION as a backup). If its steam, back up your ksp folder first, then right click on KSP in steam and select "delete local content", then re-install in steam.

Then re-download FASA 5.00, yes re-download it your download may have been corrupted.

Then open the zip file and place all the files in your fresh install of the main KSP directory. If its the right spot it should ask you if you want to overwrite the GameData folder, select YES...

You should have only FASA, JSI, NASAmission, and Squad in your GameData folder.

Do this first before installing any other mod.

Edited by frizzank

The solution is always the same. It also always works..

Fresh install of KSP, yes re-download it your download may have been corrupted., install it somewhere new (KEEP YOUR OLD VERSION as a backup). If its steam, back up your ksp folder first, then right click on KSP in steam and select "delete local content", then re-install in steam.

Then re-download FASA 5.00, yes re-download it your download may have been corrupted.

Then open the zip file and place all the files in your fresh install of the main KSP directory. If its the right spot it should ask you if you want to overwrite the GameData folder, select YES...

You should have only FASA, JSI, NASAmission, and Squad in your GameData folder.

Do this first before installing any other mod.

Think they are just wanting the Apollo and clamps thats it.

EDIT- Why would someone say it don't work but then just ask for a cut up pack ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Do NOT delete these folders in the FASA directory. Many Apollo parts are dependent on them.

Agencies

Flags

Plugins

Props

Resources

Sounds

Spaces

If your just wanting the Apollo parts and the clamps.

Just delete these folders in FASA

Gemini2

ICBM

Mercury

Probes

Then in the Misc folder delete the solar panels.

Hey Frizzank, Shaw has managed to get texture replacer to do real reflections on parts, it's not as easily do-able like reflection plugin where it's an alpha channel, but rather a specific mesh or model, however if gotten to one's liking, it works WAY better than the reflection plugin :) I think it could work well on a lot of your parts

The reflection plugin does do real reflections, they are just turned down a bit for performance reasons.

I could make them update every frame and render the environment perfectly but your FPS would drop significantly.

I suspect that his reflections are just as resource intensive as the current one im using, but if someone writes a better one I would be happy to use it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.