[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

1 hour ago, Seth Kerman said:

sux cuz when i try to dock the lem and detach it from the attachment plate with the stock decoupler under.. it explodes and stuff, cant solve it.. help? using the spacedock fasa

that's a problem with the LEM legs... still needs to be sorted... hope someone will update this pack some day...

3 hours ago, Seth Kerman said:

sux cuz when i try to dock the lem and detach it from the attachment plate with the stock decoupler under.. it explodes and stuff, cant solve it.. help? using the spacedock fasa

Try to attach the LEM upside down. It works for me like that. Also, use the development version.

Edited by Wildcat111

11 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I am happy to confirm that removing the FASA MM config from realchute solves the rocket flipping issue, i guess its because realchute hasnt been upgraded to 1.1.3 yet

Thanks for testing that.  I have had the power out here for 14 hours so just now getting back on my computer.

Edited by Pappystein

On 7/14/2016 at 5:14 AM, Virtualgenius said:

I am happy to confirm that removing the FASA MM config from realchute solves the rocket flipping issue, i guess its because realchute hasnt been upgraded to 1.1.3 yet

So after Much testing Just using a Different Chute on the Gemini works.  It appears that only the Gemini BLUE Parachute is affected.   Yet I do not see anything wrong between my 5.44 and  my 6.0 CFG files on the Chute.  

If I had to guess with what Info I have it appears that the Chute is deploying/started Deployed.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Frizzank,

I've played approximately 2,500 hours of KSP now, according to Steam. I love good mods, and as far as parts mods go, yours is the best. I love the NASA parts, and I love that you made them work with KSP as a game (as in, not incredibly detailed and funless), but also paid attention to a lot of tiny details, that add authenticity to FASA. 

Actually, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, but having played with FASA on a couple of playthroughs now, I just think you deserve a big thanks for this mod. It's one of my favorites, it obviously took a lot of time, and it really adds a lot to the game. If I ever win the lottery, I'm sending you thousands of dollars.

You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man.

Hello developers of F.-A.-S.-A. and people who've downloaded F.-A.-S.-A.

I can't find the ".craft" files for any of the space-craft that are in this modification.

All of the individual parts downloaded successfully, but I couldn't find the pre-constructed rockets and airplanes made of these parts, which are usually in the form of ".craft" files.

Every other modification I've downloaded for K.-S.-P. that has non-stock parts puts the ".craft" files for that modification in either the "VAB" folder or the "SAB" folder, which is in the "Ships" folder, which is in the "Kerbal Space Program" folder.

I un-zipped/extracted the ".zip" file for F.-A.-S.-A. in the "GameData" folder because that's where you put the files and folders for the modifications that you download.

The only folder that was un-zipped/extracted out of the ".zip" file for F.-A.-S.-A. was a folder called "GameData", (not the same one I mentioned earlier), and the only thing inside that was a folder named "FASA".

I looked everywhere for the ".craft" files in all of the folders inside the "FASA" folder, but couldn't find any

Please inform me on how to obtain the ".craft" files as soon as possible.

- Question_Mark :)

cute-baby.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

2 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Technically, You must have another folder next to GameData that is named FASA. Fasa is a saved game. So ships must be in.

Try to re-install FASA. You lack a folder.

I thought the FASA folder went in the Saves folder?

On 7/27/2016 at 8:35 AM, Wolfair corp. said:

I found that the Eagle (Descent) module could be stably transported in KW rocketry Petal adaptator instead that on the attachment plate.

But still can't land with the LEM Legs.

And you won't be-able to until either one of the mod makers out there working on their own custom wheel collider system get theirs up and running (and the FASA mod is made compatible with it) OR SQUAD finishes the new (again) Wheel Collider in Stock.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

And you won't be-able to until either one of the mod makers out there working on their own custom wheel collider system get theirs up and running (and the FASA mod is made compatible with it) OR SQUAD finishes the new (again) Wheel Collider in Stock.

The good news is that based on devnotes, the dev version (not available, don't ask) apparently has fixed up legs/wheels, to the point they're taking out the bandaid code (aka Wheel Blocked!).  I don't know what the release schedule for this is, but it's fairly hopeful.  It does depend on updating to Unity 5.4 from 5.3 (and updating their physics engine), so I expect they need to make sure all the other physics bits work as well before they can release the update.  No "just release the wheel fix" on the horizon.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:18 AM, Wolfair corp. said:

Technically, You must have another folder next to GameData that is named FASA. Fasa is a saved game. So ships must be in.

Try to re-install FASA. You lack a folder.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, CobaltWolf said:

I thought the FASA folder went in the Saves folder?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:41 AM, Wolfair corp. said:

Yes. I just said that ships where in this folder.

I found the "saves" folder for 5.44, but is there one for 6.0?

If there is, it's not included in the ".zip" file for 6.0 for some reason.

11 hours ago, Question_Mark said:

I found the "saves" folder for 5.44, but is there one for 6.0?

If there is, it's not included in the ".zip" file for 6.0 for some reason.

What part of "pre-release" tag and " This is an early pre-release for testing purposes. The concave colliders have been fixed. The reflections, landing legs and wheels are still broken so the craft files have been removed. Don't expect this to work perfectly." doesn't make sense? Half of the parts don't work still and I can't fix them(or rather WON'T) until the next KSP update. Making craft files for a bunch of things that don't work properly is pointless. This was explained several times above already.

Edited by raidernick

23 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Download previous version. It's the most stable

With the exception of the afor mentioned issues caused by How Real Chute interacts with FASA 6.0, I see no "stability" issues with  @raidernick's 6.0 Prerelease.  IE 5.94 and 6.0PR (So long as you delete the RealChute MM file for FASA) work the same.

Mind you I have not been flying Saturn I/II/Vs yet as I play almost exclusively career and I got side-tracked in my testing after the Parachute kerfuffle.

46 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Download previous version. It's the most stable

actually that's a flat out lie, considering the old version has concave colliders, when you use any of those parts on a craft you will suffer warping, bending and exploding on the launchpad or during staging. So in reality the old version has less parts that work on unity 5, and that is the ONLY difference between the 2 versions.

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.