[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

The shader doesn't seem to hurt my rig either, no noticeable drop in FPS. I did notice that the shader only reflects Kerbin (haven't tried other craft). The side of Agena facing Kerbin looks chrome, but the side facing the sun looks sans shader. I'm sure you and the creator will iron out these kinks :P

Anyway...

S1B with LM first then Saturn V, possibly sometime this weekend.

I'm guessing "sometime this weekend." didn't mean test release, but rather "I'll start modelling Saturn V."? I'm sure Cdodders would like a clarification of this because of:

My weekend plans........ruined......

YAY!!!!!!

SO MANY QUOTES!

Legs for Lem are now Surface attach for easier multi purpose uses.

But there already were legs that were surface attach in the pack :( I'd rather the node versions be kept in since we can't 4x symmetry the legs. Explanation: Two probed legs can be 2x symmetry, but then one probe leg is no symmetry, and then the ladder leg is no symmetry. This can lead to slight offsets that could cause the OCD in some of us to jump out and say "NOPE."

Of course, if no one else shares this concern, I'll just modular manager it, and nuke my comment.

On the Lem legs there is 0 overhead for the extra leg since it uses the same mesh and textures. I was afraid that people would get mad at the exact same leg except surface attached in there twice. If more people would rather it be node attached and not surface attached it is an easy change. My personal preference was surface.

Would anyone else like to vote on this?

YES, No, Doesn't matter...

Here's my attempt at a Saturn V. Didn't even make it off the pad.;.;

GFpRWAu.png

Edit: new pic, old one was blurry.

Awesome nose dive!

Come on guys use some imagination. KSP is all about creativity and building. You could easily create a display for your rockets now in KSP.

Build a stand, attach some rover wheels to the bottom and roll it out to where ever you like. Then blow the decouplers holding the wheels on and BAM! Instant display! I would make sure to have a probe core in there somewhere so it doesnt get dropped as debris. Heck leave some Kerbals in there and call it training.

That was the idea I had, but I want the stands that NASA uses for there rockets. I don't want to make a jerry rigged stand that would look ugly.

That was the idea I had, but I want the stands that NASA uses for there rockets. I don't want to make a jerry rigged stand that would look ugly.

Can this be the last post requesting that Frizzank makes something?

Let's just thank him for making the best KSP mod there is, and when/if he asks us for direction, then we can suggest things.

Dear frizzank,

Oh course I'm excited for the impending release of the Saturn-1B and those amazing shiny parts. I wanted to chime in my support for your design philosophy. I know many people have asked for you to change your parts into replicas rather than kerbalized versions of real craft.

For the past week I've been struggling with replica Soviet parts from two mods. While they give me the R-7 I want to use, I can barely use it with anything. My custom payloads look hideous on top and let's not even talk about fairings. Sure, in the end I could force my way into using these parts, but it's not "fun" for me.

FASA is the complete opposite. Using stock and FASA parts, I've kit bashed my way to multiple craft with great results. Thank you for making your mod such an accessible mod! With FASA I can recreate the Gemini-Titan and then take its parts and create something entirely new.

i am just using win rar and placing the file in to my gamedata folder

Assuming you are using windows, you don't need Winrar to decompress .zip files. Just open them like a normal folder. If you're on a different OS, you might as well be walking on the sun.

Earlier I had mentioned that Saturn V was not coming until .24. I was refering to s1b and the lem about this weekend.

Well, I suppose this makes sense. I hope the actual size of "5m+" parts Squad wanted to do will be closer to proper scale with the S-IVB, at least. 5m sounds too small for the Saturn V proportions to look good, but if Squad makes bigger parts, then you could make yours to that standard.

Edited by Guest

On a late 2007 MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM and only 256MB of VRAM I saw no noticeable drop in performance from installing the 3.81 beta release. I should note, that I already had my graphics settings pretty low before installing, but no adjustment was needed after installation. Also, I installed the 3.81 release in a KSP installation that had some other mods, including the TextureCompressor, Protractor, and Achievements mods, which are the only ones that rely on plugins.

Earlier I had mentioned that Saturn V was not coming until .24.

Yo, take your time Frizz, the s1b + lem rockz~ We can still use your S-IV stage + PF + KWR + NP + tons of self-mods to build our very own Saturn V (mine is Katurn V :sticktongue:)~!!!

All stages seems working fine.

(K)S-IC with NP + my modified KWR decoupler shroud

(K)S-IIB with PF+ NP+ my modified KWR flat adapter + your J2s (5x J2s are just to powerful, i have to limit them to 70% thrust at VAB wakakaa)

ScreenShot-20140224-005505005.jpg

ScreenShot-20140224-010356002.jpg

(K)S-IV :cool:

ScreenShot-20140224-010425001.jpg

After playing with the new parts a bit, here are the bugs that I spotted, suggestions, etc.:

-The node for the LM docking port and the node of the LM docking port itself are not aligned perfectly. On one axis it's slightly off-centre.

-The LM Ascent/Descent stage separator is under Utility, even though it's a decoupler. Structural makes more sense. Same goes for the Rover Box.

-The ALSEP Box and the Lunar Module cockpit have no normal map, at least not on the sections with the gold foil.

I also have some suggestions for additional parts that would make more designs/missions possible:

-A 3.75m Fairing Wall Cone. There's a 1.25m and a 2.5m one, but no 3.75m one. If there were, the shorter cone of AS-203 would be possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.