[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I doesn't technically break saves, it just makes the part invalid on your rocket if it loads the new config. If the nodes are named the same but in a different location it moves it to a weird spot. Otherwise it does weird things to rockets with that part in the scene (Missing parts, weird attachment points).

Since they are nosecones, half the time you jettisoned them after launch and it will not effect them at all. As for craft files nosecones are an easy fix, being at the top of the rocket.

I went ahead and made the change because the risk was really low of breaking things after I experimented with it.

On the topic of breaking saves, did you remove the short Gemini fuel pack from FASA? It made for a nifty Winged G-Transtage adapter, which is how propulsion was handled in the actual proposal. Also, the flight pack should have 8 retromotors for deorbiting the Winged G after decoupling from Transtage. Just so you know.

Oh, and the engines on the utility pack were, in fact, there. They were two RCS thrusters for forward translation, not big engines, though. The ASAS/RCS ring should not have forward translation thrusters, they should be on the utility pack (on above and below the center, on the rim), as seen here:

g156b.gif

Here's how it looked like: http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2013/01/Gemini_6_Views_Gemini_7.jpg

I don't know what the central hole is. Might be where the booster's umbilical connected to the spacecraft.

Also, on the ASAS/Decoupler there are two covers, which used to have bits that looked like retromotors sticking out of them (on the old Tosh's Gemini). Only that those weren't retormotors. Does anybody know what were they? I'm guessing some kind of science equipment, could be nice to have that, too.

Edited by Guest

On the topic of breaking saves, did you remove the short Gemini fuel pack from FASA? It made for a nifty Winged G-Transtage adapter, which is how propulsion was handled in the actual proposal. Also, the flight pack should have 8 retromotors for deorbiting the Winged G after decoupling from Transtage. Just so you know.

Oh, and the engines on the utility pack were, in fact, there. They were two RCS thrusters for forward translation, not big engines, though. The ASAS/RCS ring should not have forward translation thrusters, they should be on the utility pack (on above and below the center, on the rim), as seen here:

http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4203/ch7-4_files/g156b.gif

Here's how it looked like: http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2013/01/Gemini_6_Views_Gemini_7.jpg

I don't know what the central hole is. Might be where the booster's umbilical connected to the spacecraft.

Also, on the ASAS/Decoupler there are two covers, which used to have bits that looked like retromotors sticking out of them (on the old Tosh's Gemini). Only that those weren't retormotors. Does anybody know what were they? I'm guessing some kind of science equipment, could be nice to have that, too.

Wait... how did the Gemini deorbit, then?

Wait... how did the Gemini deorbit, then?

The equipment section of the adapter segment was jettisoned, revealing the retrograde section and its four solid-propellant motors.

The 4 retro motors also fired in sequence and not all a once, but balancing that would be almost impossible. I made a concession for the sake of sanity and a widely spinning Gemini on re-entry because you decided to add something or didn't use all of the fuel on the pod changing its center of mass.

I can add rcs to the utility section. I also wanted to add an extra attachment point in the center as well for other equipment.

Yeah, that would be nice, especially that this was why the aft section of Gemini wasn't flat. There were plans to carry something in there, between the Gemini and Titan II fuel tank.

I never was taking suggestions for parts or requests, people just felt it appropriate that they ask for them. I don't know why, and some more random than others.

I think from now on when people start asking me to do stuff im just going to respond with "Sim Sala Bim!"

I never was taking suggestions for parts or requests, people just felt it appropriate that they ask for them. I don't know why, and some more random than others.

I think from now on when people start asking me to do stuff im just going to respond with "Sim Sala Bim!"

Ooooh, oooh, can we have Skylab?!one!11!

Ooooh, oooh, can we have Skylab?!one!11!

I know you are joking, but I have a serious response to this.

Denny has already made plans to make a Skylab. Whether Frizz will do one or not is all up to him. If he decides not to, I'm sure he'll make fairings and a decoupler to house it. If he does decide to make a Skylab, then woohoo!

Frizzank will probably not do the Skylab. That is, IIRC, DennyTX' part, he even mentioned he already has an early WIP. Frizzank will only have to make the decoupler and fairings for it.

well... long very long, but i finished it.

Gemini lander was my favorite lander (untill i did LEM :) ), and now i suggest Gemini Lander internal. In 60th years past century style. Hope i caught it.

and here he is. I used only one pic available in net.

LSgMo08.png

This internal is slightly different from amazing Frizzank external, but i think it must be so, because i think, so big porthole like on airplane, was impossible in that time... So we have 2 small portholes like on picture. May be i'll rebuild external some day too (as i see it).

Hey Denny what the f..ck is this? I mean word х..ù near the button??? are you russian?

yep, i'm. very evil russian, always drunken and holds friendship with bears. And all over the nights thinks about how to steal Crimea from the free world ;)

Denny, öõÑÂтúðѠшутúð)) üþöõт ÑÂþтрõшь?

Because Denny admitted to being Russian and having bear friends, this must be posted:

tumblr_ms0bpcGQ8F1rpsnwro1_500.jpg

I also did not expect Denny to make an IVA for the Gemini Lander. This unexpected surprise is welcomed with bear arms wide open.

Hmmm, it would make more sense if Denny was German (or from the parts of Austria and Switzerland that speak German), as that sentence in his sig "Jedem das Seine" is definitely in German. I can't figure out what it means, though, and I'm on my fourth year of trying to learn German. I'm quite sure that "Jedem" means "Every", "das" is one of the three different base words for the word "the" (when you go deeper into the grammar, with cases and word genders, they actually have 6 words for "the"), and Seine is either the Seine river, or a word for "his", again depending on which grammatical case it's in. Google Translate says that it means "to each his own", while the direct ranslation would be "(for) each, the(ir) own". Because of differences between how the languages work, a direct translation doesn't make sense.

Yes, to each his own is the right translation. I'm not sure though, what he's trying to say. Jedem das seine has some negative affiliations in Germany as it was written over the entry of one of.the concentration camps(I believe it was Auschwitz). I sure hope.you're not a ****, Denny.

Hmmm, it would make more sense if Denny was German (or from the parts of Austria and Switzerland that speak German), as that sentence in his sig "Jedem das Seine" is definitely in German. I can't figure out what it means, though, and I'm on my fourth year of trying to learn German. I'm quite sure that "Jedem" means "Every", "das" is one of the three different base words for the word "the" (when you go deeper into the grammar, with cases and word genders, they actually have 6 words for "the"), and Seine is either the Seine river, or a word for "his", again depending on which grammatical case it's in. Google Translate says that it means "to each his own", while the direct ranslation would be "(for) each, the(ir) own". Because of differences between how the languages work, a direct translation doesn't make sense.

Not necessarily as it is a rather well known german sentence , which is somehow odd to use for a german as it stood on the gate of KZ Buchenwald and now it somehow is a "dirty sentence" . "to each his own" is quite a good translation....

Yes, to each his own is the right translation. I'm not sure though, what he's trying to say. Jedem das seine has some negative affiliations in Germany as it was written over the entry of one of.the concentration camps(I believe it was Auschwitz). I sure hope.you're not a ****, Denny.

Haha ninja'D there, but it is Buchenwald :wink: (Knapp daneben ist auch vorbei :D)

Nice IVA, but unfortunately, it doesn't match up with the external model. Could you do a new, alternative external model for the Gemini lander pod? The current one should probably be re-made as an EVA seat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.