[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Yes, I see what you mean with the separate download thing. Also, the serial number doesn't really matter, it's just my personal preference. Thanks for replying anyway.

PS: About the idea for display stands, the model for the Redstone launch clamp could be used as a stand, but the launch-clamp-ishness (extending legs) would need to be removed.

Guys, The Idea of Display stands would require something like Kerbtown being relaunched, or the equally dead ICBM Silo project to be completed. Either way until there is a way to put static devices on the planet, Frizzank or anyone else putting time into the stands would be a waste. That being said. Wasn't it stated earlier 64 Bit? How can you run a bunch of mods for scenics, if the core game can't support em. Me, I would rather have Frizzank doing what he does best in KSP, pre STS NASA. Leave the scenic stuff to SQUAD until such a time as the game can support more.

Besides if you want to run KSP in 64 Bit I understand that the Linux version is 64bit.

Me, I would rather have Frizzank doing what he does best in KSP, pre STS NASA. Leave the scenic stuff to SQUAD until such a time as the game can support more.

Agreed. Frizzank is great at what he does, asking him for scenery and whatnot is kinda off-putting, he's a spaceship maker, not a groundskeeper.

Frizzank, this is the best thing anybody has ever made for KSP. That includes Squad.

I went on a test run (we're not insured for that, I know, no candy for me), trying to be so serious, but Jeb blew it at the last moment:

iGCdKie.jpg

Incidentally, is there any way to exempt the interior from texture compression? The panel is incredible, but of course the tags are fuzzed out with my settings.

Edited by junkie_business

Awesome nose dive!

Guys, The Idea of Display stands would require something like Kerbtown being relaunched, or the equally dead ICBM Silo project to be completed. Either way until there is a way to put static devices on the planet, Frizzank or anyone else putting time into the stands would be a waste.... Me, I would rather have Frizzank doing what he does best in KSP, pre STS NASA. Leave the scenic stuff to SQUAD until such a time as the game can support more.

Come on guys use some imagination. KSP is all about creativity and building. You could easily create a display for your rockets now in KSP.

Build a stand, attach some rover wheels to the bottom and roll it out to where ever you like. Then blow the decouplers holding the wheels on and BAM! Instant display! I would make sure to have a probe core in there somewhere so it doesnt get dropped as debris. Heck leave some Kerbals in there and call it training.

Awesome nose dive!

Come on guys use some imagination. KSP is all about creativity and building. You could easily create a display for your rockets now in KSP.

Build a stand, attach some rover wheels to the bottom and roll it out to where ever you like. Then blow the decouplers holding the wheels on and BAM! Instant display! I would make sure to have a probe core in there somewhere so it doesnt get dropped as debris. Heck leave some Kerbals in there and call it training.

You don't even need to do that if you want a shuttle display!

WARNING! Large Image inbound! WARNING!

9DBD2DABF7ACDC232D3F6C7A5AF6484A884E1DEE

I just left it on the ramp, planted a flag and recovered the crew!

You don't even need to do that if you want a shuttle display!

WARNING! Large Image inbound! WARNING!

I just left it on the ramp, planted a flag and recovered the crew!

Be careful, the game sometimes 'recovers' things from KSC. Certainly flags.

http://www./download/l68xj91an4jv2k1/FASA3.81.zip

Every body got some texture reflection love including some old friends.

I have a pretty beefy system and have no problems with it, so I would appreciate some input on how performance intensive the new shader is on lower end machines?

Added S1B wings

Fixed balance issues with the lem and adjusted it's ascent module's center of mass

Legs for Lem are now Surface attach for easier multi purpose uses.

Added reflection textures to parts that should have them. Except the LEM, it was causing lag and was not a significant visual improvement.

If you have performance issues with reflections, delete the FASA/Plugin folder to return to the non reflection state.

Reflection shader should perform better.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by frizzank

well the Eagle's landing legs with the plaque that has Neil Armstrong's, Buzz Aldrin's, and Michael Cullen's John Hancock on it is there RL Marmoreal on the moon. in fact if we ever go to the moon to stay I could see that landing site being a historic park with at least some of the foot prints under glase

rule doesnt apply to Proper Nouns (names) but even more so, there are more exceptions to that rule than ones that follow it, hence why its not being taught in schools anymore.

Yes, cdodderes is correct, this rule does not apply to names. The parents determine the spelling, not grammar. Neil Armstrong's name is Neil, not Niel.

So far, so good. My old rig fried itself a couple days ago, and I'm dealing with setting up a new comparative beast of a system. Things are far from optimised but I'm not seeing any performance hit from the glossy new textures. A great update, frizzank! Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.