[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

It seems you broke the backwards translation RCS movement on the Utility SAS/RCS unit in last patch.

There doesn't seem to be any actual problems with the "RCSthrusterBack" transform you added. It just doesn't seem to like having 2 different RCS transforms defined on the same part. And uses only the first one defined in the cfg.

I tried troubleshooting by removing the decoupler and engine modules. But none of it helped.

Also you can fix the rcs thrust gas being too far away by changing the "fxOffset = 0, 1.0, 0.0" to "fxOffset = 0, 0.25, 0.0"

Why so serious???

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/FASAJOKER_zps5b5d0bc0.png

Started making goblin. Got sidetracked. Needs finishing...

Please make batman next. Then any other super hero you like. It would be awesome to see Captain America and Batkerbal doing the mun landing.

It seems you broke the backwards translation RCS movement on the Utility SAS/RCS unit in last patch.

There doesn't seem to be any actual problems with the "RCSthrusterBack" transform you added. It just doesn't seem to like having 2 different RCS transforms defined on the same part. And uses only the first one defined in the cfg.

I tried troubleshooting by removing the decoupler and engine modules. But none of it helped.

Also you can fix the rcs thrust gas being too far away by changing the "fxOffset = 0, 1.0, 0.0" to "fxOffset = 0, 0.25, 0.0"

Will do, thank you...

I did some tinkering with the Utility pack cfg files. And added science modules to it. So far not noticed any weird problems with it. Added several science equipment. Like the geiger counter, gravity scanner, material lab and goo.

Doing so makes the utility section vastly more functional.

And i also managed to get that working on the BigG docking section. Had to remove the decoupler module. And now science equipment is working fine on it, without that weird bug that keeps decoupling it. I just simply moved the decoupler to the BigG crew compartments bottom node instead.

I can't use the 7-segment Titan SRBs without disabling their gimbals first or my craft gets a severe case of the wobbles straight from launch, and it rips itself apart very quickly. However turning the gimbals off means I cant start my gravity turn til they burn-out and stage, usually 3-4000ft after the turn point

I did some tinkering with the Utility pack cfg files. And added science modules to it. So far not noticed any weird problems with it. Added several science equipment. Like the geiger counter, gravity scanner, material lab and goo.

Doing so makes the utility section vastly more functional.

And i also managed to get that working on the BigG docking section. Had to remove the decoupler module. And now science equipment is working fine on it, without that weird bug that keeps decoupling it. I just simply moved the decoupler to the BigG crew compartments bottom node instead.

Can you post the cfg file here and I can include it in the next update.

Again I really don't like the stock decoupler functionality. You really should have the option of selecting ANY attachment node and turn it into a decoupler in the VAB. This would be an awesome improvement.....

I can't use the 7-segment Titan SRBs without disabling their gimbals first or my craft gets a severe case of the wobbles straight from launch, and it rips itself apart very quickly. However turning the gimbals off means I cant start my gravity turn til they burn-out and stage, usually 3-4000ft after the turn point

You can turn down the thrust of the SRB's in the VAB as well as lowering the fuel amount in them before launch. Also moving the nozzles closer to the center of gravity reduces the effect of the gimbal.

I would like to move the craft files from the default stock directory to a save game file. I really don't like putting craft in the stock directory. It fills up your list in every game you run. I do want to provide example craft files but I think a default FASA save game is a much better place to put them.

What does everyone think of this option?

Edited by frizzank

You can turn down the thrust of the SRB's in the VAB as well as lowering the fuel amount in them before launch. Also moving the nozzles closer to the center of gravity reduces the effect of the gimbal.

I have them on the hydraulic decoupler, and I need the thrust/fuel for some designs I have

I would like to move the craft files from the default stock directory to a save game file. I really don't like putting craft in the stock directory. It fills up your list in every game you run. I do want to provide example craft files but I think a default FASA save game is a much better place to put them.

What does everyone think of this option?

I think it's a good interim solution until somebody is able to make a better saved game/craft management system that works from within the game. I currently use the - shell out and rename the symlink to the directory I want, then load from the short list - method.

I have them on the hydraulic decoupler, and I need the thrust/fuel for some designs I have

Try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. Or, barring that, put a Quantum Strut near the bottom of your booster, pointed inwards towards the central fuel tank. I have had good luck with that configuration.

Frizztank, have you thought about releasing science parts as small separate pack?

Woah there, kiwiak! Frizz... tank (I like that name) has stated on multiple occasions that he will not separate FASA out. You, the downloader, will just have to delete the parts you don't want. There are instructions in the pack on how to do this.

Here it is. https://www./?9a7wc4dwl5x2mez

Here's the full change log of my edits.

-Added science equipment to BigG Docking and Utility Pack. Geiger counter, gravity sensor, material bay and Gooâ„¢

-Removed decoupler from BigG Docking.

-Added decoupler to bottom node on BigG crew modules.

-Changed BigG White to use the regular versions model, and added texture definition in cfg to make it point to the white texture. Should help reduce memory usage a little.

-Changed staging icon in BigG crew module to command module icon.

Btw, if you like the lil edit i did with the texture definer, then i can do the same for things like the Gemini pod and nose cones. Which will help reduce the amount of models that need to be loaded into memory. Altough the models are probably very minor in memory usage compared to what the textures eat up.

Officially up on spaceport now....

Moved craft files into their own save file directory, I didn't like pushing craft files into stock.

Added scale temporary models of LFT CSM and Engine. Needed them to make the Fairings the correct size and finishing balance on J2

Finally fixed the Control from here bug on the Big G docking port. Now orientated correctly.

Added science to Big G Docking, thanks to ParasiteX

Made the LEM EVA without opening the door. It was impossible to board an empty LEM with the door closed....

Fixed Missing RCS thrust in Gemini

Made the Angled fairings taller so every one could fit inside.

Increased the explosive force of the Fairings to get out of your way a bit better.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/gemini-and-mercury-frizzank-aeronautical-space-administration-fasa/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.