[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Ok I've got this mostly working apart from the URM-123 U series fuel tanks... whenever i mouse over them the image super scales on my screen.

anyone know how to fix this?

Ok I've got this mostly working apart from the URM-123 U series fuel tanks... whenever i mouse over them the image super scales on my screen.

anyone know how to fix this?

Do that have 3 resources and no module...that is a KSP bug. There are several options...convert them to use ModuleFuelTanks, remove one resource, add a module of some sort, use ModuleFixer, which by plugin adds a module automatically, so no need to edit file.

Im sure I didn't see the link. Is there any place to download this? The original links are dead. Also since this is parts (my main concern is the big solar panel) most of this stuff works?

You need to read back a page or two for working download links, posted by users who have provided mirrors.

Most parts all work (iirc). The large solar panels require the Firespitter mod to operate. Note that you also need to read back a few pages fo rposts describing an adjustment to their .cfg to get them to work properly.

This mod does not currently work with Connected Living Space, Crew Manifest or Ship Manifest.

I'm using the old kosmos pack, and the game just refuses to recognize the collision mesh for some of the parts, and so they have this effect. Anybody know how to fix?

AXt7PgEl.png

Hey everyone, working on a 4.7.1 maintenance release (with permission) for 0.24.2

Techtree integration was already in, currently auditing build files (so no uneccessary logs/discussions, unity files or unfinished parts slip into the build), then revising pricing

Any update on an ETA for this? I keep checking the forum in the hopes I can add kosmos and aies back into my mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I still have the download, of course I'm doing this under the terms of the license. Full credit goes to Normak, CardBoardBoxProcessor, Xemit, and NoMrBond for the mod; the license information is linked below and I also quoted the OP. The actual mod is unaltered from the original download so I'm not sure how well it works with 0.24.2. I have added a text file to the download explaining the license, to comply with the new add-on posting rules. Terms of the license are also pasted below in the spoiler tab.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

You are free to:

Share  copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Attribution  You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial  You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

NoDerivatives  If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

Kosmos and its derivatives are the property of Kosmos Team and is distributed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license. You are permitted to redistribute the parts in their original form, so long as this readme is bundled with them. You may not modify Kosmos parts without verified permission from Kosmos Team, and you will not be permitted to sell Kosmos-derived work. Please don't even contact us about this. Modified Kosmos parts will not be supported by Kosmos Team.

For more information on this license, please visit this page: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Download

Edited by Woopert

I'm kind of curious about something. Would the licensing allow for a ModuleManager patch in order to integrate the pack into 0.24 Career mode?

I don't think you need module manager to put parts into the tech tree. It's just a bit more manual.

Just open any stock part, find the line that says which tech block it's in, and inject the same line into the mod part's config, just with the name of whatever tech block you want it to be. I did exactly that for a set of Xenon tanks a while ago and it worked effortlessly.

Also, I have yet to see a license say that users can't make their own tweak for themselves only. Nor could they know or stop you even if it did.

I don't think you need module manager to put parts into the tech tree. It's just a bit more manual.

Just open any stock part, find the line that says which tech block it's in, and inject the same line into the mod part's config, just with the name of whatever tech block you want it to be. I did exactly that for a set of Xenon tanks a while ago and it worked effortlessly.

Also, I have yet to see a license say that users can't make their own tweak for themselves only. Nor could they know or stop you even if it did.

No one cares what you do with your downloaded copy, as long as you dont share it altered without permision. Raven was obviously talking about patch that can be released public-wide.

Any update on an ETA for this? I keep checking the forum in the hopes I can add kosmos and aies back into my mods.

Ouch sorry, all the files and everything are sorted and the paperwork list is down to the entryCost and cost entries for Structural and Utility parts (about 40 configs / 80 lines)

Basically figuring out how much everything costs then replacing the placeholder values, then I can wrap it up and upload it.

I think the techTree integration ModuleManager config should still be working? (see sig)

Glad to see that this is still being taken care of. It has been a staple of my space program for a long time, both for stations and for spacecraft.

I'm glad too. I would download it but I think I got enough mods now.

• 2 weeks later...