[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I tested the latest version of resgen just after 23 was released. It works but it conflicts with one of the other resource mods (dont recall which). But i looked through the current b9 cfg files and it dont look like a lot(if any) of the parts use that plugin. Im sure ill be corrected if im wrong.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that the only part which uses ResGen is the compressed air nozzle (it looks like an RCS nozzle but uses air instead). It has to use a custom resource to make it work in the atmosphere. I don't think any of the other parts use ResGen.

Ok, this is interesting but sad :(

Im starting to really hate 0.23 so far, I have made over a dozen different large SSTO's and even tried using working designs from 0.22 but have yet to get anything into LKO. And here is my latest fail;.;

With wing....

aC4DxWs.png

Without..

iBbGTd4.png

Edited by Donziboy2

Hi, i have a question for a mod guru like Bac9 and apologize if it has been asked before; Have you thought about doing a deceleron? Combining a control surface with the airbrakes to make 100% true vertical control surface free crafts? Thanks for reading and perhaps answering.

Ok, this is interesting but sad :(

Im starting to really hate 0.23 so far, I have made over a dozen different large SSTO's and even tried using working designs from 0.22 but have yet to get anything into LKO. And here is my latest fail;.;

With wing....

http://i.imgur.com/aC4DxWs.png

Without..

http://i.imgur.com/iBbGTd4.png

That was a bug I saw occurr in previous versions. I'm not having any trouble putting things of any size into LKO.

Edited by Eskandare

Heyho

Could someone please help me

http://imgur.com/a/np43s

This is only happening with S2 Reusable Pod, S3 and MK 2/5 is OK.

Yeah. This is super annoying. I canonly guess what happened: Squad implemented a new way to do attachment noses one or two versions back. However, it was broken because all the attachment points were off by a few units. It seems that Bac9 circumvented the problem by placing the attachment nodes slightly off in the other direction. Now Squad fixed the offset, which breaks all the mods that tried to make the new system work. I had the same issue for space shuttle engines.

There is little you can do (unless joy want to end up fiddling with config files forever to use the old system). Just give the author done time to fix it. .23 is a PITA for mod developers.

That was a bug I saw occurr in previous versions. I'm not having any trouble putting things of any size into LKO.

Im using the latest B9 and FAR with 0.23....

I think most of my LKO problems are FAR and the KSP Interstellar Thermal TurboJets, or Procedural wings.... but adding wings with symmetry should not throw off the CoL...

I've seen this CoL offset some time before. IIRC, the plane flew well nevertheless, it did not affect the actual CoL, just the marker.

Its a bug in the CoL calculation, it has no affect on the actual lift.

Its a bug in the CoL calculation, it has no affect on the actual lift.

Sadly not knowing where it is does not help building.....

Edit. Well I did have some luck with normal B9 wings just now, it is definitely not something I would fly alot but it does get into orbit, grand total of about 18T of LFO to get into a 100Km orbit with its load:)

Its a little heavy at 247T... But it does go up, like a flaming dart(needs more intakes/engines). Lots of wing sag, I have alot of struts but it needs welding(PW works nice for strutting but I cant seem to ever get a stable craft with them), to bad you cant weld cargo bays and such...

3LdfGuq.png

The Grey Rockomax is empty, used to position the load which consists of 3 orange tanks and 1 monoprop tank:)

daQgFJa.png

Edited by Donziboy2

Hi, i have a question for a mod guru like Bac9 and apologize if it has been asked before; Have you thought about doing a deceleron? Combining a control surface with the airbrakes to make 100% true vertical control surface free crafts? Thanks for reading and perhaps answering.

No point to make it as there is no fixed standard thickness for wing parts and it will be horribly clipped into surfaces 99% of the time. Using separate per-surface airbrake parts is better considering the variety of parts around.

As I wait for B9's update (He's busy with that, other things he's doing for Squad, and his personal life), meanwhile I've decided experiment with conventional KW engines to put stuff into space.

http://i.imgur.com/wnegsLL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/j0rUzNo.jpg

72 tons is not too bad. I'll have to try and rebuild my 3 orange tank monster.

excuse me, but where did you get these giant wings from? they look awesome and I could really use something big like that?

@Styrr: B9 works perfectly in Linux 64 bit but you must do the following.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25241-0-22-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures?p=863141&viewfull=1#post863141

Follow this procedure http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24529-The-Linux-compatibility-thread%21?p=814129&viewfull=1#post814129

BUT FOR 0.23 use the offsets in...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24529-The-Linux-compatibility-thread%21?p=849510&viewfull=1#post849510

Linux 64 bit rocks for KSP but you must constantly follow the Linux compatibility thread.

Edit: I think I will now give up and ignore Linux related problems in the B9 thread. Posts about Linux 64 should go to the Linux compatibility thread.

Edited by Kaa253
On second thoughts

Thank you very much Kaa253! Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, I thought it was B9 related, since it only happened with this mod. Might have been because the other mods are smaller. Now I know where to look.

I've installed the latest FAR, and B9. I now want to try to fly the Heinlein...

So I put one on the runway. But for the life of me can't seem to figure out how to get the engines running.

Either I'm overlooking something obvious, or I am missing something. There are no "rockets" in the staging sequence. A suggestion in this thread seems to be to install the latest version of the "exsurgentengineering" plugin. But the link mentioned doesn't work. Anyway, I would asume that the version in B9 is the most recent one? Or at least the one you need?

Or am I missing something, and there is some magic, secret key I need to press to switch on the engines?

No that's just normal B9 wings composited together

must have been alot of work

Absolutely not! That's definitely P-Wing! If this was build with regular B9 wings lines on the individual pieces would show and the leading edge would be the same width from root to tip.

You're probably looking at Donziboy's images while Hector and Melfice are talking about Eskandare's. Please check what posts people referring to before commenting.

P-Wing by Eskandare:

wnegsLL.jpg

stitched B9 by Donziboy:

daQgFJa.png

No that's just normal B9 wings composited together

must have been alot of work

Without any seams at all? Only look at Donziboy's craft, and see the immense difference in textures alone.

EDIT: Whoops. Ninja'd by a whole ten minutes. That'll teach me to respond before refreshing a page... :P

Lol, Only the bottom one loaded for me I didnt even see the top one :V durp, but yeah the top one is definitely P-wings but ght bottome is composite :V

Pretty sure the top one would have loaded for you too if you had just looked at the preceding page. :wink:

So are those giant wings for download somewhere?

I downloaded Procedural Wing 0.6 but it doesn't have those wings unless i'm missing something.

You make them yourself

1.Find the procedural wing stub,

2.attach to plane,

3.expand to size (combination of mouse moves and key presses)

4.Enojoy!