[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I can't seem to get this mod to run properly in 20.2. I follow the installation instructions exactly as they are stated, copying gamedata and ships into the ksp root folder. I've triple checked that I have the most recent version running. I cannot load any craft (even stock KSP craft) with this pack active. I have the Firespitter pack and the TouhouTorpedo Mk3 cockpit replacer, and my installation runs fine with them. I can see the parts in the SPH and can load B9 crafts in the SPH, but the flight scene throws a Runtime error for visual C++. Is there any known fix?

"Flipped" is caused by your center of mass being right on top of you center of lift. You'll want to move the center of lift farther back a little ways. It will make you a little nose heavy but not unstable like it is now.

"Flipped" is caused by your center of mass being right on top of you center of lift. You'll want to move the center of lift farther back a little ways. It will make you a little nose heavy but not unstable like it is now.

I've actually already made that modification, I'll test fly it later

Now, as to why all this would result in too much drag in FAR, I do not know, but I do know this: Its not an issue with the B9 intakes. Its an issue with FAR. If you actually want it fixed, tell ferram4 about it, because if you just add a 0 to the intake area, you know have intake that's 1/10th the size it should be.
Thank you for this really detailed answer, I will make a post on the FAR thread and try to explain the situation.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I think I found a bug.

However, not only do I have a useful bug report, I even have how I fixed the bug I found!

So, I have 2 different versions of the Mk1 Tail Section, and they say they should look different.

Heres the bug: The two versions are IDENTICAL except in name!

Specifically, they both look like the "Normal" version.

Luckily, it was just an error in the part.cfg that I was able to figure out how to fix by looking at how bac9 and/or Taverius made multiple models work in the same part folder.

The "Normal.cfg" file in "GameData/B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK1_Tail" is fine, however a part of it seems to have crawled into the "Raised.cfg" file.

Here's the "before fix" version of the problem part of the "Raised.cfg" file.

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK1_Tail/[COLOR=#ff0000]Normal[/COLOR]
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

And here's what I did to fix it:

MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK1_Tail/[COLOR=#ff0000]Raised[/COLOR]
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

Hope this helps clean some moths out of your relay contacts.

(props to those who see the pun)

-Sci

MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Cockpit_MK1_Tail/[COLOR=#ff0000]Raised[/COLOR]
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

What are the odds of this? I tried this mod for the first time just now, and it would just crash when loading... until I made this tiny change. Fixed.

Do I have a bug in my install? The Sabre M and S claim to be high-efficiency rockets in their secondary mode, but they chew through fuel like it's not even there.

Is that one of the engines that required air intakes?

Do I have a bug in my install? The Sabre M and S claim to be high-efficiency rockets in their secondary mode, but they chew through fuel like it's not even there.

They're higher efficiency than the LV30-45, but they're not LV-Ns. They're closer to an aerospike.

They are high efficient as long as they're in Air-breathing mode. And even in rocket mode they're decently efficient. With a combo of these and nuclear engines I recently made an SSTO trip to Duna and back. So far this pack has added the most fun to the game imo.

kk, also a bit of a question about the sabres, I've accidentally left MJ in surf mode 90, 40, 0 and come back and the plane has run out of air and is spinning, but my AP is 80+, while if I do my regular routine of leveling off at 30~ and trying to build up speed the engine's thrust rapidly decreases even if I still got air, my speed is higher if I level out though and my Pe can get pretty close to 0 before I need to switch to rocket mode, any idea which is more efficient? I feel tempted to do the straight ascent and then bank on the ISP of my NERVA, though I guess the ISP of SABREs in atmo is even better?

Also some of my recent creations:

B9 S3 Semi-Blended Wing SSTO: http://imgur.com/a/s8ojF#0 (proud of the look of this one)

B9 MK2 SSTO: http://imgur.com/a/wCFXv#0 (first successful landing on runway after getting to space for me)

B9 S2 Wide Body Cargo SSTO: http://imgur.com/a/a0sP2#0 (carries 4x 1m ISA + Kethane Sats)

How did you get the wings to intersect with the body like that (and actually have it look anything other than stupid)? Good job!

How did you get the wings to intersect with the body like that (and actually have it look anything other than stupid)? Good job!

I cheated somewhat, I put one of the shorter beams out from the side, then put that beam node on it, and then put the long beams going forwards and backwards from that, then built the wings onto the length-wise beams then when I was happy with the wing, I inverted the beam so it no longer pushed the wing out from the body, instead it did the opposite, put the wing into the body, then lots of very short and well hidden struts

They are high efficient as long as they're in Air-breathing mode. And even in rocket mode they're decently efficient. With a combo of these and nuclear engines I recently made an SSTO trip to Duna and back. So far this pack has added the most fun to the game imo.

But when they need air, how you use it in Duna, there are no oxygen in there.

This Saber work without oxygen in air mode?

.20.8? Son, we're still on .20.2...

I hate it when time travellers come into the past to ask questions about future versions. Don't they realize that pollutes the timeline?

Anyway, Ferram has apparently found the bug resulting in the massive drag caused by the intakes in B9. So hopefully that nasty bug will be fixed, and soon. Also, the EM engine mount is also affected for some reason, though not to the same extent.

But when they need air, how you use it in Duna, there are no oxygen in there.

This Saber work without oxygen in air mode?

Nope, no oxygen on duna, you can only use the rocket mode there. Just look at the link and you'll see how I did it ;)

I think I found a bug, for a boat, I was thinking using a rotated 2-D vectoring engine as a rudder, but they where stil vectoring verticaly and wasn't very useful

EDIT : you can see it on the rotated engine on this picture

gACHhvr.jpg

In the red circle

FjBYlKV.jpg

EDIT 2 : beside this, all is working and I've got the plugin folder corectly

Edited by mrrpamplemousse

Ok, I'm so confused! I place the pack folder in the GameData folder, right next to squad. I then copied the .craft files to the ships folder which hold all other stock crafts. When I try to load any of the B9 crafts it won't load as I'm missing parts? I've actually had a look through and I have some structural parts/engines/cockpits, but I seem to be missing some! The small lights for example. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? The installation instructions aren't great...